No announcement yet.

DHS orders 450 million .40 caliber rounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen what Federal Agents do with guns.

I'm not scared.

Hell, I was out at Alpine shooting my Remington 700 LTR .308 a few years back when this guy plopped down beside me and pulled a very nice McMillen stocked .308 tactical rifle out of a case. He started shooting 3" groups and looked at my target of 3/8" groups. He asked me "who do you shoot for?" and I said "myself". I asked him who "he shot for?" and he told me he was on the FBI Sniper Team out of the Dallas office.

I also know of a federal agent that was with some of our SWAT guys chasing a murder suspect. The suspect wrecked out in the Woodhaven area, and began running on foot. Our guys started chasing him and when the agent saw that he had a revolver, he yelled "he's got a gun" and started running the other way. One of my friends that is on SWAT said it was hilarious when he ran past hims saying that, my friend replied "we've ALL GOT GUNS!!!!"

I'm afraid of Army, Marine, and Seal snipers, not the feds.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
      So, there's even a disclaimer in the article talking about how the exact number isn't set, and you're going to jump on the conspiracy bandwagon, tazz? Can we just get majorownage in here now and round out the crazy? For anyone actually interested in how this process works, just google, "IDIQ."
      Oh hai!

What's disturbing is the entire department of HOMELAND security.

The fuck? The homeland? Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit propaganda. The whole DHS is fucking bunch of asswipes wanting to violate my rights and take my guns. (Except the Coast Guard.)

We supposedly have evil bearded men from a faraway country that hate us for (fill in the blank.) So, in retaliation, our government restricts OUR rights. Fucking LOL.
      Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
        Oh hai!

What's disturbing is the entire department of HOMELAND security.

The fuck? The homeland? Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit propaganda. The whole DHS is fucking bunch of asswipes wanting to violate my rights and take my guns. (Except the Coast Guard.)

We supposedly have evil bearded men from a faraway country that hate us for (fill in the blank.) So, in retaliation, our government restricts OUR rights. Fucking LOL.
        Glad you could make it. Now go drown on a fishing trip with Relinquished.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Glad you could make it. Now go drown on a fishing trip with Relinquished.
          Hey you were the one who wanted me in here. Now you could contribute, or just shut the fuck up.
          Full time ninja editor.

Comment

Originally posted by majorownage View Post
            Hey you were the one who wanted me in here. Now you could contribute, or just shut the fuck up.
            I did, but now I seem to find myself in a sea of tin-foil. You conspiracy nerds have your fun. I'm out.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

450 million isn't anything. Back when the war first kicked off the Army by themselves was using 1 billion rounds a year just for training. That's not counting the ammo the rest of the services used, not to mention how much we were expending on the war at that time.

To put that into perspective the Lake City plant at that time could only churn out 1 billion rounds a year. The military was actually having ammo shortages for a bit and was sourcing ammo from other NATO countries such as the Radway Arsenal in the UK for M855 ammo. From what I've found we have an in the US stockpile of 1 billion rounds that we keep for national emergencies such as if something were to happen to Lake City but they didn't want to dip into that if they didn't have to.

The number looks really large but I'd like to see how much they expend every year for training and what not before I get too worked up about it.
              2004 Suzuki DL650
              1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by Downs View Post
                450 million isn't anything. Back when the war first kicked off the Army by themselves was using 1 billion rounds a year just for training. That's not counting the ammo the rest of the services used, not to mention how much we were expending on the war at that time.

To put that into perspective the Lake City plant at that time could only churn out 1 billion rounds a year. The military was actually having ammo shortages for a bit and was sourcing ammo from other NATO countries such as the Radway Arsenal in the UK for M855 ammo. From what I've found we have an in the US stockpile of 1 billion rounds that we keep for national emergencies such as if something were to happen to Lake City but they didn't want to dip into that if they didn't have to.

The number looks really large but I'd like to see how much they expend every year for training and what not before I get too worked up about it.
                I remember having to yell 'bang' during our training at Ft. Hood. Hard to train when you're yelling 'bang, I shot you."
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                  I remember having to yell 'bang' during our training at Ft. Hood. Hard to train when you're yelling 'bang, I shot you."
                  HAHA

When I was in Marine Combat Training the fire danger was so high that they wouldn't let us use blanks outside of the MOUT town. During the field exercises we had to run around going "Butter Butter Jam!" No MILES gear or anything which I was kinda thankful for.
                  2004 Suzuki DL650

Comment

HAHA

When I was in Marine Combat Training the fire danger was so high that they wouldn't let us use blanks outside of the MOUT town. During the field exercises we had to run around going "Butter Butter Jam!" No MILES gear or anything which I was kinda thankful for.
                    You'd think we'd have better gear than MILES

Comment

After I left there I was in Pensacola for about 3 days when the news broke that large parts of Pendelton were burning and they were using students at the school to help fight it.

Sims work pretty good but require extra protective gear. I can't think of a better way to make it work well/safely except to redesign the gear, and add some kind of pain factor to it when you get hit. Like a low grade taser or something that shocks you when you get hit till a controller comes along and turns you off.
                      2004 Suzuki DL650

Comment

After I left there I was in Pensacola for about 3 days when the news broke that large parts of Pendelton were burning and they were using students at the school to help fight it.

Sims work pretty good but require extra protective gear. I can't think of a better way to make it work well/safely except to redesign the gear, and add some kind of pain factor to it when you get hit. Like a low grade taser or something that shocks you when you get hit till a controller comes along and turns you off.
                        I liked the chalk rounds. We had people hiding behind a branch to duck the Miles or take their batteries out. Chalk rounds teach a lesson between cover and concealment

Comment

So, there's even a disclaimer in the article talking about how the exact number isn't set, and you're going to jump on the conspiracy bandwagon, tazz? Can we just get majorownage in here now and round out the crazy? For anyone actually interested in how this process works, just google, "IDIQ."
                          It just means....In layman's terms. It's just an open ended contract with a lot of estimation and no promises. The disturbing part is the #'s Since you like Google. Google up past ammo acquisitions from the feds for a Specific department of the government, NOT including the military.

At the very least, because of the large #, it is disturbing. And with all the other shit going on, it does easily lead people to be just a little leery of the order. If it was just the order alone, I would say the tax payers are about to get soaked for a very large ammo bill that will just sit some where collecting dust.

Whats really going on......Don't have a clue yet.

Comment

It does dovetail in nicely with the EO about resources.
                            2004 Suzuki DL650

Comment

It does dovetail in nicely with the EO about resources.
                              This. It's the totality of the picture.

Comment

Working...
                              X