No announcement yet.

Black panthers put 10k bounty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple met and married within a month and stayed together for 65 years... only to be parted after home invader beat wife to death

Nancy Strait, 85, was sexually assaulted and battered to death by burglar
    Her husband Bob, 90, suffered a broken jaw and broken ribs in attack
    Police have arrested 20-year-old Tyrone Dale David Woodfork

By Nina Golgowski

PUBLISHED: 11:07 EST, 20 March 2012 | UPDATED: 13:06 EST, 20 March 2012

Comments (19)

An 85-year-old woman was sexually assaulted and battered to death by a home invader who also shot her 90-year-old husband in the face with a BB gun.

Nancy and Bob Strait, who had celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary in December, were discovered by their daughter at their home in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Both the pensioners were rushed to hospital where Mrs Strait, who was nearly blind, died from her injuries.
    Home invasion: Bob and Nancy Strait were both attacked when burglars broke into their home in Tulsa. Mrs Strait died of her injuries

Home invasion: Bob and Nancy Strait were both attacked when burglars broke into their home in Tulsa. Mrs Strait died of her injuries

Mr Strait, who served in the 101st Airborne Division in World War II, suffered a broken jaw, broken ribs and severe bleeding. He is in a serious condition in hospital.

Police have arrested 20-year-old Tyrone Dale David Woodfork in connection with the case.

The Straits' distraught family today paid tribute to the pair, who grew up in poverty in rural Oklahoma during the Great Depression.

They met each other on a blind date on Thanksgiving 1946, married a month later and went on to have six children, 18 grandchildren and about 50 great and great-great grandchildren. They had recently welcomed a great-great-great grandchild.

More...

'I wish them well': Mother-of-two nearly killed by shopping cart that landed on her head 'feels sorry' for her attackers
    'You will always be in our hearts': Tragedy as crash victim on his way to propose to girlfriend dies from injuries

Their daughters Lanora and Andra told Tulsa World that the couple were loving and generous people who would do anything for anyone.

'Dad never talked, and Mama never quit talking,' Lanora said.

'Whatever she did, it came from the heart,' Andra added.

The pair could be found sitting on their porch singing and playing the guitar during warmer summer evenings.

Mr Strait, who had worked for the oil derrick supply company Lee C. Moore before retirement, enjoyed woodwork while his wife loved making quilts and baking.
    Suspect: Tyrone Dale David Woodfork, 20, was arrested a day after the attack on complaints of first-degree murder, burglary, assault with a dangerous weapon and two complaints of armed robbery

Suspect: Tyrone Dale David Woodfork, 20, was arrested a day after the attack on complaints of first-degree murder, burglary, assault with a dangerous weapon and two complaints of armed robbery

They had both been struggling with health problems before the attack. Mr Strait had been diagnosed with a terminal kidney illness but had outlived the doctor's prognosis.

'He was living because Mother was alive,' Andra told Tulsa World.

The couple had had food poisoning the week before the attack.

'There is no one else who has been through what he's been through who is still alive,' Lanora said of her father.

'We pray he doesn't remember.'

Tulsa police believe burglars broke into the Straits' home either late Tuesday or early Wednesday last week. They were not found until the Wednesday evening.

The home invaders made off with their Dodge Neon, a television and $200.

Woodfork was later found hiding in a nearby house after a witness spotted the stolen vehicle being driven down the road.

He is being held at Tulsa Jail without bail accused of first-degree murder, burglary, assault with a dangerous weapon and two counts of armed robbery.

'This investigation is far from over,' Officer Jason Willingham of the Tulsa police department told Tulsa World. 'We've still got a lot of questions that we still need answered.'

Mrs Strait's funeral will be on Friday. The family has set up a fund the Nancy Strait and Bob Strait Support Trust to help pay for the service and her husband's medical care.

A war hero and hardly mentioned.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
      Damn sad.
      sigpic

Comment

Damn, just reading that choked me up. Sometimes I really detest people.

Comment

That is horrible!

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve View Post
            That is horrible!
            Not a word from the "Commander in Chief" either.
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              Not a word from the "Commander in Chief" either.
              Whos that??

Comment

• What a bunch of fucking bullshit.

Shit like this convinces me that America's biggest enemies are right here in our communities, media, and our government. I hope it all goes to hell so we can start over, soon.

Comment

• Trayvon Martin (myfox.com)

Regular Photo SizeTrayvon Martin's Mother Retracts Characterization of Son's Shooting as 'Accident'
                  Updated: Thursday, 12 Apr 2012, 1:33 PM CDT
                  Published : Thursday, 12 Apr 2012, 10:52 AM CDT

(NewsCore) - Trayvon Martin's mother retracted comments she made Thursday describing her son's death as an "accident," saying she believed George Zimmerman shot the 17-year-old "in cold blood."

Speaking to NBC's "Today" show Thursday morning, Sybrina Fulton said she thought the fatal encounter between Zimmerman and her son "was an accident."

"I believe that it just got out of control, and he couldn't turn the clock back," she said. "I would ask him, did he know that that was a minor, that that was a teenager and that he did not have a weapon?"

But later Thursday, Fulton said in a statement to MSNBC that her comment was "mischaracterized," adding that "in NO way did I mean the shooting was an accident."

"We believe that George Zimmerman stalked my son and murdered him in cold blood. The 'accident' I was referring to was the fact that George Zimmerman and my son ever crossed paths. It was an accidental encounter," Fulton's statement said. She went on to add that her son was "profiled, followed and murdered by George Zimmerman, and there was nothing accidental about that."

Zimmerman, 28, made his first court appearance Thursday, a day after being charged with second-degree murder in the shooting death of Martin. At the brief hearing, the Florida judge scheduled a May 29 court date for Zimmerman to be arraigned on the charge.

Zimmerman shot and killed the unarmed African-American Martin on Feb. 26 while serving as a neighborhood watchman in a gated community in Sanford, Fla. As weeks passed without Zimmerman being charged, unrest increased throughout the US over the role race may have played.

Read more on myFOXdfw.com: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpps/news/tr...#ixzz1rr71i8IW

Comment

• Originally posted by sig239 View Post
                    Whos that??
                    Steve said HNIC!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by WildBill View Post
                      Steve said HNIC!
                      That must be an old Navy term. My 78 year old dad has been known to use it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted View Post
                        FUNNY!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted View Post
                          My grandfather was Army and then Airforce and he always used that acronym as well.

Comment

• Anybody catch this yet? In our own backyard.

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - If you believe that a man or woman’s home is their castle, then perhaps you feel the same way as handgun owner, Mike Schneider. “I feel it’s important to be able to protect my family,” said Schneider.

In Texas, the Castle Doctrine allows residents to protect their property from intruders. “In Texas, if somebody is trying to get into your house or get into your car, you have a right to use deadly force to stop them,” explained CBS 11 legal analyst, Jerry Loftin. “You don’t have to wait until they’re inside the place,” added Loftin.

In Florida, the “Stand Your Ground” law gives residents there a much wider scope outside of the home to use deadly force, rather than retreat.

Florida’s law also allows police on the scene to determine whether self-defense was justified. Police discretion sometimes means that self-defense cases are not always filtered through the legal system for the courts to decide.

Former Florida Governor, Jeb Bush, spoke at UT-Arlington Friday and said the claim of self-defense in the Trayvon Martin case should not have been left up to the sole discretion of the police. “How will a police officer know if a person is standing their ground until there is an investigation”, asked Bush. “Clearly, there should have been an investigation and clearly that’s what’s happening now,” the former Governor added.

Nearly 300 students, neighbors and children rallied Friday on the campus of Paul Quinn College in South Dallas. They too questioned the Florida law that allowed neighborhood watch volunteer, George Zimmerman, to go free after he shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Florida.

Democratic State Senator, Royce West of Dallas, says the Florida shooting has him rethinking the Castle Law in Texas. “I’m going to ask the Lt. Governor to have the Criminal Justice Committee of the Senate study the Castle Doctrine in light of the Trayvon Martin assassination in Florida,” West told the applauding crowd.
                            sen royce west Sen. Royce West Challenges Texas Castle Law After Florida Shooting

State Sen. Royce West - (D) Dallas

The shooting has even President Barack Obama challenging Florida’s law and other laws like it. “I think all of us have to do some soul searching to figure out how does something like this happen”, said President Obama. “That means we examine the laws and the context for what happened,” the President added.

Those calling for Zimmerman’s arrest want to know why he pursued Trayvon Martin, despite being told by a 911 operator that it was unnecessary, and that he should wait for police to arrive.
                            He actually used the word assassination.
                            Jon

Comment

• When is this jackass up for reelection?
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                                When is this jackass up for reelection?
                                hopefully soon, someone that dumb needs to go..
                                ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Working...
                                X