$7.00 a gallon gas hits US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    I dk t rememberit being 1.78 when he took office. I could be wrong but don't recall it being under 2...
    Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    Well, the price of gas when Obama took office was $1.83 a gallon
    Interesting graph here. Does anyone remember the month/year of the 2008 presidential election??

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
      Interesting graph here. Does anyone remember the month/year of the 2008 presidential election??

November '08 was the election, and he took office January 20, 2009.

Comment

Are you guys serious?

November 4, 2008.
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
          Are you guys serious?

November 4, 2008.
          As a heart attack. lol

Comment

Originally posted by -Jake- View Post
            IF supply has anything to do with it then what explains the $1.65/gallon gas in 2008? Pretty sure we didn't have a sudden surge in production.
            Actually, supply had EVERYTHING to do with low gas prices at the end of 2008. We had a sudden reduction of demand, which gave a surplus of supply. The surplus in supply dropped the prices.

Oil prices have fallen by more than half from $147 a barrel in July because of lower demand due to tough economic times, especially in the United States. On Friday, the price of crude closed at $64.15 a barrel, Lundberg said.

Stevo
            Originally posted by SSMAN
            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
              As a heart attack. lol
              Lol, nice edit.
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                Bush opened up and approved new drilling all over the place. There was potential supply glut and that brought the prices dropping. If Barry opened things back up, we'd see gas drop again
                you're delusional
                110:1 crawl ratio = slowest rig on here

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                  Actually, supply had EVERYTHING to do with low gas prices at the end of 2008. We had a sudden reduction of demand, which gave a surplus of supply. The surplus in supply dropped the prices.

Stevo
                  STFU. the crashing economy didn't have anything to do with it???? you're delusional too.

edit
                  anyone who would quote a MSM as a reputable source lost all credibility IMO

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                    Lol, nice edit.
                    /shrug wtf you talkin' bout willis!?

STFU. the crashing economy didn't have anything to do with it???? you're delusional too.

edit
                    Anyone who uses the term mainstream media has just about lost all credibility, IMO.

Comment

edit
                      You haven't said one thing that actually disproves anything I have said yet, you just keep trying to spin to some next tangent.

You just keep grasping at those straws, maybe you will eventually grab that short one....

Stevo
                      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

you can't follow my logic??

barney style break down:
                        the economy crashed
                        speculators went all chicken little
                        gas prices dropped

the end

Comment

you can't follow my logic??

barney style break down:
                          the economy crashed
                          speculators went all chicken little
                          gas prices dropped

the end
                          Yeah, I follow your 'logic', I just think it is very flawed.

Stevo

Comment

The way I see it, we will never see "cheap" gas again. By cheap, I mean $2.50/gal. I would love $2.50/gal gas. I was even remotely enjoying $2.79/gal

Comment

you're delusional
                              Then explain how I'm wrong. Bush saw the high gas prices and not only approved all the drilling, he TOLD everyone he was doing it and that if he had to, he'd open the reserves. That put a potential glut of oil on the market which drove prices down hard. Add to it the decrease in the economy and you have sub 2 dollar gas
                              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                                I dk t rememberit being 1.78 when he took office. I could be wrong but don't recall it being under 2...
                                Sure was, I was paying 1.99 for diesel. Paid 4.15 this morning, fill up was 803.00.

Comment

Working...
                                X