Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just smoke and mirrors

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
    Hell, I'm against gay marriage and feel it is VERY minor past the 15-20 other MAJOR issues going on in this country.

At this point, I'm more pissed off that it's a talking/voting point than anything else. Lets waste time with bullshit issues as opposed to addressing real issues.
    It is just another thing the administration is using to take everyones attention (via the lap dog media) from his dismal record, just smoke and mirrors to distract the simpletons. Just like the momentary drop of gas prices during an election year.

Comment

This is very interesting. North Carolina (a "swing vote" state) just voted for a ban on gay marriage in that state 61%-39%. The funnier thing is that Obama is holding the democratic national convention there! I heard this morning that the democratic party has already gathered tens of thousands of signatures to move their convention out of Charlotte, N.C. due to the outcome of the vote yesterday.

Comment

This issue is noise to draw attention away from something..

Comment

What about all the Hispanic Catholic's, they vote mostly Democrap. If they changed their vote it would kill Obama!

Comment

In 2008, he was staunchly against gay marriage. It's no secret. Talk about a damn flip-flopper...

Comment

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
              So, if it is just a certificate, do you think Mormon type 3+ marriages be sanctioned also?

As long as they are in love, do they not have the right to be married?

(In general, with minor exceptions, the same talking points used for gay marriage can be used for almost any type of marriage)

Honestly, I really think this is a minor issue compared to all the other crap wrong with the federal government these days, but it is a hot button topic for some.

In my opinion, if the gay marriage advocates would have settled for a "civil union" term, they would've gotten 99.9% of everything they wanted as far as legal\recognized rights, but I honestly think the side purpose to all of this was to screw with the establishment.... To literally be drama "queens"...
              I had a Muslim ask me why Americans were so opposed to polygamy. My response was, "If a man is stupid enough to want to deal with multiple wives, have at it."

Comment

I think that the "rent is to damn high" guy had it right. If you want to marry a shoe, marry a shoe. Who gives a damn! Getting married literally means nothing anymore to anyone except the tax collectors. The gays are not really fighting for marriage as much are they are fighting for the right to get divorced.

If people thought so highly of marriage, then they would not have 5 ex-wives/husbands and kids with all of them. It is really just a word now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                  This issue is noise to draw attention away from something..
                  Yup. Just gotta find what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zfan View Post
                    What about all the Hispanic Catholic's, they vote mostly Democrap. If they changed their vote it would kill Obama!
                    This! Most hispanics are Catholic. Well I say most, but a ton are. I was Catholic at one time, guess I kind of am. Our church here in Ennis has more Hispanics than any other race. I went to church with my gf 2 months ago, when the whole abortion thing was hot. Thats all the priest was talking about, he was actually telling the congregation that Obama has to go because he is stomping on what they believe.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                      Yup. Just gotta find what it is.
                      With as much noise as this non-issue is creating, I would say it is something pretty big.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6K9dS9wl7U&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Fuck this two-faced piece of shit mother fucker. I regrettably voted for this asshole out of ignorance. This guy is in desperation mode and using the same "change" campaign without actually saying it.

Btw...I don't care if gay people get married or not. One of my closest friends is a lesbian.
                        Last edited by jdgregory84; 05-09-2012, 11:15 PM.
                        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                          "With this cock ring, I thee wed"
                          LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in the camp that doesn't see an issue with gay marriage, but that was fucking hilarious!
                          Hellcat Charger

Comment

Hey look, politicians trying to divide the electorate again...

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
                              I don't see a problem with it and don't see why so many on the right are so opposed to it. All it is, is a fucking certificate after all.
                              its for am man and a wife not gays. obama will say anything to get a vote.

Comment

Working...
                              X