Individual Mandate Constitutional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    I dunno. Insurance is fucking expensive. We have 2 adults and a child in my family and it is $500 a month.

$2000 for the whole year doesn't look like much when you spend $6000 a year.
    $2100 year and you receive nothing. And for a lot of people it's going to be a hell of a lot more. And I believe that is per tax payer, so if your wife files, $4200.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
      This was a surprise, really? This is just another step in the direction we have been heading for a long time.

I'm surprised. For all my doom and gloom about what has happened to this country since 9/11, I still had faith in it. This seriously blows my mind it is so wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        I dunno. Insurance is fucking expensive. We have 2 adults and a child in my family and it is $500 a month.

$2000 for the whole year doesn't look like much when you spend $6000 a year.
        Yeah but you aren't getting insurance for that $2,000. Its a fine, pure and simple.

Edit: CJ beat me to it.
        "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
        -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
          $2100 year and you receive nothing. And for a lot of people it's going to be a hell of a lot more. And I believe that is per tax payer, so if your wife files, $4200.
          This is very true. But the graphic made it sound like it was a family.

I recalculated. I spend $600 a month. So 7200 a year.

Comment

And the hospital just became the post office.

Comment

This blows my mind.

I don't know 1 single person that supports this at all. AT ALL. I don't know if it is the people I hang out with or what, but I don't know ANYONE.

Which makes me wonder, how the hell did it pass? Are a whole lot of other citizens in support of it?

Edit - anyone have statistics on percentages supporting it vs not supporting it from a public opinion?
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

This may be what Romney needed to put him over the top. It's the ONLY way this will be stopped now.

Comment

Since healthcare is a "Tax" now, I want to write it off on my income tax

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                    This may be what Romney needed to put him over the top. It's the ONLY way this will be stopped now.
                    Only way he'd be re-elected too - is to stomp on this one.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

The uphold healthcare reform, but they deemed the Stolen Valor Act unconstitutional...

Comment

Hilarious positive spin from Forbes

Although the IRS is charged with collecting the penalty for not having health insurance, they are precluded from using their most powerful collection tools – recorded liens and levies. The only sure means of collecting the penalty from someone who does not want to pay it is to offset a refund. So someone who managed their tax payments to always have a balance due would never have to pay the penalty

see photosGetty Images North AmericaClick for full photo gallery: Supreme Court Hears Arguments On Health Care Law According to Scotusblog?the individual mandate has been upheld.? It survives as a tax.? The entire bill is upheld with some limitations on the federal government's power to terminate state Medicaid funds. Given the drama?surrounding the [...]

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                          This is what I am hoping. He has been handed a silver arrow to kill the beast in the whitehouse...let's hope he aims straight and true.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post

Although the IRS is charged with collecting the penalty for not having health insurance, they are precluded from using their most powerful collection tools – recorded liens and levies. The only sure means of collecting the penalty from someone who does not want to pay it is to offset a refund. So someone who managed their tax payments to always have a balance due would never have to pay the penalty

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjre...onstitutional/
                            That's a joke, they will place liens and levies I promise you. The first year it goes through, no one will pay it, and they will claim it's unfair the rich and wealthy people are avoiding the tax with a "loop hole" and they need to close it.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjre...onstitutional/

Makes me want to cancel my coverage just to stick it up their ass.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                                This is what I am hoping. He has been handed a silver arrow to kill the beast in the whitehouse...let's hope he aims straight and true.
                                Make no mistake, this ruling did not make it any easier for Romney. The hill just got more steep and the snow has started to fall.

Comment

Working...
                                X