No announcement yet.

Individual Mandate Constitutional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got off the phone with a millionaire, who said he could care less. Said it only affects one lady in his office, and that maybe for her it will be a problem. For the rest of them, they could care less.

Which is how the rich Roberts looked at it.
    www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
      Make no mistake, this ruling did not make it any easier for Romney. The hill just got more steep and the snow has started to fall.
      I disagree. The house just announced a repeal vote for July 9th. It may not even be a Romney issue.

Comment

BTW, are you guys reading the other verbiage in the decision?

"We do not consider whether the Act embodies sound policies. That judgment is entrusted to the Nation's elected leaders. We ask only whether Congress has the power under the Constitution to enact the challenged provisions."

So basically in the absence of sound policies Congress has the power to become tyrannical

Roberts: "The Federal Government may enact a tax on an activity that it cannot authorize, forbid,or otherwise control."

Comment

Roberts should be drug from his office and publically hung.

Comment

Originally posted by gonzoss View Post
            to think the IRS is gonna enforce it is fuckin crazy...
            And people thought that guy in austin was crazy for flying his plane into the IRS building. Just wait until the IRS starts taxing people for not having insurance.

Personally, I put ALL of the blame on O-BUM-a, Pelosi and those who have tried so hard to ram this down our throat. When the shit hits the fan, those are the ones I will hold accountable.
            Last edited by line-em-up; 06-28-2012, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Tyrannical or inept. That is basically saying we deserve the government we have elected.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                And people thought that guy in austin was crazy fro flying his plane into the IRS building. Just wait until the IRS starts taxing people for not having insurance.

Personally, I put ALL of the blame on O-BUM-a, Pelosi and those who have tried so hard to ram this down our throat. When the shit hits the fan, those are the ones I will hold accountable.
                I blame the ones that didn't fight hard enough or take more of a stand or Roberts with his shitty opinion. Or any of us too comfortable to do anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
                  Can we secede yet?
                  LOL, no. TX v White.

Comment

Romney just announced if elected his first act in office will be to repeal obamacare. i didnt need a crystal ball to see this coming...
                    2011 Mustang GT
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                      I blame the ones that didn't fight hard enough or take more of a stand or Roberts with his shitty opinion. Or any of us too comfortable to do anything about it.
                      I could not agree more. Everyone in Washington is too busy trying to keep their job. Saying anything and everything depending on the audience. There is no leadership alternative, everyone is to afraid to rock the boat and cause any friction. Sure, they'll pretend to talk tough, but no one is really serious and honestly willing to put their money where there mouth is.

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                        Just got off the phone with a millionaire, who said he could care less. Said it only affects one lady in his office, and that maybe for her it will be a problem. For the rest of them, they could care less.

Which is how the rich Roberts looked at it.
                        Sounds like he doesn't care where this country is heading.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                          Yes, they (we) are to blame too. To think that Roberts or any of the others could have single handedly stopped it and didn't is incredulous. Our system is broken and hitler jr himself has hijacked it. I am so infuriated. A revolution is WAY overdo and there aren't enough of us who care or think that what is left of our freedom's are worth fighting for. I had a conversion with some of my coworkers this morning who were happy that it passed. They just want the shared insurance responsibilties and aren't too concerned with my perceived notion that we are giving up more of our freedom. They just don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                            I disagree. The house just announced a repeal vote for July 9th. It may not even be a Romney issue.
                            Senate is Democratically controlled, not much of a point is there?
                            "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                            -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
                              Senate is Democratically controlled, not much of a point is there?
                              We shall see. The point is to show who votes how. Even a dem that fears for his office, will vote for appeal.

Bottom line: this is nothing more than a huge tax increase, and an attack on our rights.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                                Yes, they (we) are to blame too. To think that Roberts or any of the others could have single handedly stopped it and didn't is incredulous. Our system is broken and hitler jr himself has hijacked it. I am so infuriated. A revolution is WAY overdo and there aren't enough of us who care or think that what is left of our freedom's are worth fighting for. I had a conversion with some of my coworkers this morning who were happy that it passed. They just want the shared insurance responsibilties and aren't too concerned with my perceived notion that we are giving up more of our freedom. They just don't get it.
                                No perceived at all. Its a fact, we lost the freedom to freely choose weather or not we want to purchase health insurance today.
                                "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                                -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                                X