No announcement yet.

Don't ask Don't Tell is dead...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're just upset because I pointed out (correctly) that this country has been consistently hypocritical. You can't preach "liberty and justice for all," and then make exceptions that exclude half the population. You can kiss my ass if you think I'm going to leave though. This is my country as much as it's your's.

Comment

• Originally posted by GSRGuy94 View Post
      You're just upset because I pointed out (correctly) that this country has been consistently hypocritical. You can't preach "liberty and justice for all," and then make exceptions that exclude half the population. You can kiss my ass if you think I'm going to leave though. This is my country as much as it's your's.
      Yea ...this country was a horrible beacon of liberty as it defeated the greatest empire on earth and became the first modern democracy, a giant leap in historical precedence for individual freedoms. Yup you're right, you've pointed out how one of the original 13 states had Jews of all people able to vote while European Jews were still residing in the ghettos. Btw. Regardless of what you think you're entitled to I'm pretty sure the blood and sweat I've left across this globe does indeed make me more deserving of this country than you! What have you ever done for this country? Military service not required ...have you EVER given back to your homeland that you think is so "hypocritical "?

Comment

• I pay taxes and I vote. And I never said that America wasn't better in those aspects than other cars. But "better than XX" doesn't mean "good." There is still much work to do, and I'll be here to vote for and enjoy it.

Comment

• Wow...

Comment

• That's more than many people that live here

Comment

Yes... they were all stupid. That's kinda my point. This country has been hypocritical since its inception.
              Perhaps. I take it you are talking about the slavery that was around during its inception. But guess what? Its gone. Let it go. You might have a point if slavery hadn't ended well over 100 years ago.

Originally posted by GSRGuy94 View Post
              Oh ok, so understanding that this country has faults and wanting to change them means I need to leave? Sounds like every Republican in the country needs to leave, according to your logic. Give me a break.
              Actually, this is a Republic, not a Democracy. So it sounds like the republicans belong, and the democrats don't. There really isn't any arguing with this. I mean one of the guys who created the freakin' country, said that it was. Arguing against that would be just like arguing with henry ford that his assembly line wasn't an assembly line. You don't change the republic. You live in it and like it, or you are free to move out. No one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to stay. So why don't you go see what all those other countries are all about, and then see if you still think our country is so awful. You'll beg on your knees to come back. I'm sure the muslims that you love so much, would welcome you with open arms. Oh wait no they wouldn't lol they'd hate you even as you try to defend them. And you have the nerve, to wonder why people don't like them! Your whole thought process is a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Photonfanatic View Post
                Perhaps. I take it you are talking about the slavery that was around during its inception. But guess what? Its gone. Let it go. You might have a point if slavery hadn't ended well over 100 years ago.

Actually, this is a Republic, not a Democracy. So it sounds like the republicans belong, and the democrats don't. There really isn't any arguing with this. I mean one of the guys who created the freakin' country, said that it was. Arguing against that would be just like arguing with henry ford that his assembly line wasn't an assembly line. You don't change the republic. You live in it and like it, or you are free to move out. No one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to stay. So why don't you go see what all those other countries are all about, and then see if you still think our country is so awful. You'll beg on your knees to come back. I'm sure the muslims that you love so much, would welcome you with open arms. Oh wait no they wouldn't lol they'd hate you even as you try to defend them. And you have the nerve, to wonder why people don't like them! Your whole thought process is a joke.
                1) I'm talking about slavery, segregation, woman's suffrage, gays not being allowed in the military, etc...
                2) If you really felt that way (like it or get out), then you wouldn't be bitching so much about the Democratic-controlled presidency/senate, and waiting for 2012 to "get Obama out of there!" You would just move.

Like I said, this is my country and I'm staying. But I am also going to stand up for what I believe in and try to change what I don't. Not leave. And you say my thought process is a joke.

Comment

• Umm, no... im bitching cause they are screwing up that which was already as close to perfect as a country will ever get. A very limited government is the only thing that can protect the basic rights and freedoms of the people. I view government as a necessary evil, not some great help to us all. They're nothing but a bunch of fuck ups and deep down, you know this.

Comment

You're just upset because I pointed out (correctly) that this country has been consistently hypocritical. You can't preach "liberty and justice for all," and then make exceptions that exclude half the population. You can kiss my ass if you think I'm going to leave though. This is my country as much as it's your's.
                    Wow.

Comment

• Surprise, I upset you.

Comment

Actually this country began to cease being a republic after the Republicans won the civil war and forced an expanded democracy on the country. Our grand parents willingness to accept judicial activism during the progressive period and the nation wide support for the 17th amendment cemented that transition to a fully fledged Democracy. Calling America a pure republic today is akin to a Roman circa the 1st century CE claiming Rome was still a republic. Btw the political party names have nothing to do with the terms republic and democracy.
                        Last edited by SlowLX; 12-31-2010, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Well at least we know who the liberals are around here. kimmypie, gsxrguy, exdude, lason, and a few others. Good to know where people stand. Not really bashing them, just trying to get a feel for their point of view and future conversations we may have.
                          Can you not read? I am NOT a fucking liberal. I am a Libertarian. Huge difference. Google it if you don't know what it means. Enlighten yourself & stop making yourself sound ignorant.

You know what? I'll do it for you...

lib·er·tar·i·an   /ˌlɪbərˈtɛəriən/ Show Spelled
                          [lib-er-tair-ee-uhn] Show IPA

–noun
                          1. a person who advocates liberty, esp. with regard to thought or conduct.
                          2. a person who maintains the doctrine of free will ( distinguished from necessitarian).
                          –adjective
                          3. advocating liberty or conforming to principles of liberty.
                          4. maintaining the doctrine of free will.

lib·er·al   /ˈlɪbərəl, ˈlɪbrəl/ Show Spelled
                          [lib-er-uhl, lib-ruhl] Show IPA

–adjective
                          1. favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.
                          2. ( often initial capital letter ) noting or pertaining to a political party advocating measures of progressive political reform.
                          3. of, pertaining to, based on, or advocating liberalism.
                          4. favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, esp. as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.

I think people should be able to do what they want without other people telling them what to do...this takes self discipline, but I DON'T think the govt should tell people what to do.

Do you understand the difference? If you can't grasp it, I'll be glad to answre any questions you have about it.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Oh & this country is currently considered a "Democratic Republic" since we have combined certain principles from Democracy & Republicanism.

don't argue with me either since I teach History & actually know what the fuck I'm talking about! lol
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowLX View Post
                              Actually this country began to cease being a republic after the Republicans won the civil war and forced an expanded democracy on the country. Our grand parents willingness to accept judicial activism during the progressive period and the nation wide support for the 17th amendment cemented that transition to a fully fledged Democracy. Calling America a pure republic today is akin to a Roman circa the 1st century CE claiming Rome was still a republic. Btw the political party names have nothing to do with the terms republic and democracy.
                              Thank you for saying this...they were killing me with getting the parties mixed up with the terms of Republic & Democracy!
                              sigpic

Comment

• I was going to say something about that, so thanks for taking care of it for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X