How fast can you backpedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How fast can you backpedal?

Obama campaign spokeswoman Jen Psaki acknowledged Thursday that the campaign was no longer pleading ignorance about the story of a man who has appeared in both a super PAC ad and a campaign ad.

"No one is denying he was in one of our campaign ads. He was on a conference call telling his story," Psaki told reporters on Air Force One.

Missouri steelworker Joe Soptic starred in an Obama campaign ad and participated in a conference call with the campaign in May, as POLITICO reported Wednesday. He resurfaced this week in a Priorities USA Action super PAC ad, charging that his wife died of cancer after Mitt Romney's former private equity firm laid him off.

Distancing themselves from the controversial ad, Obama campaign staffers initially denied knowledge of Soptic's story — despite the fact that he was in an Obama campaign ad.

Adviser Robert Gibbs said didn’t know "specifics," while deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter said on CNN: “I don’t know the facts about when Mr. Soptic’s wife got sick or the facts about his health insurance."

And yesterday on Air Force One, Psaki said, "we don’t have any knowledge of the story of the family."

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

If there's ever a time for Mitt Romney to launch a major offensive, it's right fucking now.

Don't think it's going to happen though.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

We will see just how low politicians will go. This is quickly becoming one of the dirtiest campaigns in our history.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
        If there's ever a time for Mitt Romney to launch a major offensive, it's right fucking now.

Don't think it's going to happen though.
        I cant believe how pussy footed his campaign has been. Fucking sad. Sac up and start throwing punches.

Comment

Can the official Romney campaign even start yet? I thought he had to officially get the nomination before he could officially start the ads and stuff.

Stevo
          Originally posted by SSMAN
          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Romney could put together a very simple, diplomatic ad that doesn't have to sling any mud whatsoever.

I actually have built some respect for Romney from the lack of negative ads. This tactic is sound, if they are trying to get us RP nuthuggers to come out and vote for him instead of staying at work out of disgust for the options this go around.
            While I'm sure there probably are some negative ads out there, I must say that the frequency of shitty ones is most definitely higher from the enemy's camp.

EDIT: Good point, Stevo. Maybe that's why I haven't seen many anti-Obama ads.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
              I cant believe how pussy footed his campaign has been. Fucking sad. Sac up and start throwing punches.
              You can't win against Obama supporters. They will deny any type of evidence you show, point fingers at anyone else around, and as a last resort, put their fingers in their ears and scream "LALALLALALALLALALALALA".

It's absurd how blindly people are sticking up for Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                You can't win against Obama supporters. They will deny any type of evidence you show, point fingers at anyone else around, and as a last resort, put their fingers in their ears and scream "LALALLALALALLALALALALA".

It's absurd how blindly people are sticking up for Obama.
                Very true. I just hope this time they're in the minority. The swing states are the ones to watch, heavy with unions and those on the gub'ment dole.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                  Romney could put together a very simple, diplomatic ad that doesn't have to sling any mud whatsoever.

I actually have built some respect for Romney from the lack of negative ads. This tactic is sound, if they are trying to get us RP nuthuggers to come out and vote for him instead of staying at work out of disgust for the options this go around.
                  While I'm sure there probably are some negative ads out there, I must say that the frequency of shitty ones is most definitely higher from the enemy's camp.

EDIT: Good point, Stevo. Maybe that's why I haven't seen many anti-Obama ads.
                  Were you awake for the primaries? Majority of his adds were negative.

He has the balls to go after Repubs, but lets see about the Dems. Should be the other way around, but whatever.

Comment

He can't run ads for the most part yet. He's not the nominee until the convention

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                      Can the official Romney campaign even start yet? I thought he had to officially get the nomination before he could officially start the ads and stuff.

Stevo
                      Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                      He can't run ads for the most part yet. He's not the nominee until the convention
                      I never knew that.
                      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                        Very true. I just hope this time they're in the minority. .
                        I think they were all minorities.

Comment

Yep, he has a lot of limitations on him until he gets the nomination

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                            This is quickly becoming one of the dirtiest campaigns in our history.
                            History? You must have forgotten what happened in Florida a couple years ago....
                            .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                              History? You must have forgotten what happened in Florida a couple years ago....
                              Not at all. I said "quickly becoming", and I stand by my post.

Comment

Working...
                              X