Democrats Introduce Bill to Seal Up Obama’s Presidential Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democrats Introduce Bill to Seal Up Obama’s Presidential Records

According to Judicial Watch, Rep. Edolphous Towns (D-NY) has introduced the Presidential Records Act Amendments of 2011. That bill would do with Obama’s presidential records what Obama has already done to his personal and collegiate records: Seal them up.

In an obvious effort to protect President Barack Obama, a group of congressional Democrats has introduced legislation to create an official process that will allow the commander-in-chief to keep presidential records secret after he leaves office.

Ironically, Obama revoked a similar George W. Bush order in one of his first official acts as president. In 2001 Bush penned an executive order severely limiting public access to his presidential records. Shortly after swearing in, Obama killed it as part of his much-ballyhooed commitment to government transparency. At the time, the new president claimed that he was giving the American people greater access to “historic documents.”

If the Democrats’ proposed measure (Presidential Records Act Amendments of 2011) becomes law, former presidents will be allowed to assert a new “constitutionally based privilege” against disclosing records of their liking. Here is how it would work; the Archivist of the United States would be required to notify the former president, as well as the incumbent, of intentions to make records public. Anything that either the former or current president claims should be kept private won’t be released.

The veteran Brooklyn congressman (Edolphus Towns) who recently introduced the law in the U.S. House has yet to explain why it’s necessary.

This looks like a sign of surrender to me. Why seal up Obama’s records now, if you think he’s strong to get re-elected next year?

And, how many Solyndras and executive directives to punish various enemies may be lurking in those records

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Oh hell no...

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

They want to act like this motherfucker never existed? They've seen the shit Jimmy Carter has gone through for 30 years, and they can't stand the thought of their Messiah being scrutinized for the rest of his miserable, stinking life.

Comment

So in some round about way is this them thinking hes not staying in office?

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
          There's a reason they're skewing all those polls with a 10-12% over-sampling of democrats. Their internal polls are scaring the shit out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
            There's a reason they're skewing all those polls with a 10-12% over-sampling of democrats. Their internal polls are scaring the shit out of them.
            just seems like a preemptive strike

Comment

If the president in question is not alive, he cannot refuse permission to open the records... just sayin'.

Stevo
              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                If the president in question is not alive, he cannot refuse permission to open the records... just sayin'.

Stevo
                im not sure what youre implying but i wish no ill harm to any president, no matter ho bad he is...

Comment

I think he means any president in question. Such as Roosevelt can't speak for himself. But it said that the incumbent has the authority to withhold documents of former presidents too. I don't believe he meant harm to anyone.
                  Why put off till tomorrow what you can put off till the next day?
                  -Fred Sanford

Comment

im not sure what youre implying but i wish no ill harm to any president, no matter ho bad he is...
                    As much as I despise the sack of monkey shit, I don't want anything to happen to him that could possibly make him a martyr or leave the country vulnerable. I DO, however, want him to go away with a swiftness.

Comment

Fuck that and fuck him for introducing it and fuck this administration for passing shady legislation/EO's that require hiding and cover ups.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                        As much as I despise the sack of monkey shit, I don't want anything to happen to him that could possibly make him a martyr or leave the country vulnerable. I DO, however, want him to go away with a swiftness.
                        I was just sayin'...

Stevo

Comment

That felon has lied over and over and blatantly refused to uphold the laws and constitution. That is treason. The penalty for treason is death. Case closed.

Comment

Romney will write this off just like Obama wrote off Bushs' stupid order. The "new" Republicans want all of his information, policiesand descisions out in the open. This is a good read though because even the Democrats know that Obama will be a one-term newb.
                            Detailing by Dylan
                            817-494-3396
                            Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                            Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Just what rock did this turd Obama crawl out from under

Comment

Working...
                              X