Slamming the door: Ron Paul ‘will not endorse Gary Johnson’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slamming the door: Ron Paul ‘will not endorse Gary Johnson’

Jesse Benton, the national campaign chairman for Ron Paul’s 2012 presidential bid, flatly told The Daily Caller on Tuesday that Paul “will not endorse Gary Johnson,” the Libertarian Party’s presidential candidate.

The decision is not entirely unexpected, as Paul’s son, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, spoke at the Republican National Convention last week and has endorsed Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney.

During the Republican convention, Ron Paul refused to endorse Romney amid a bitter fight between Paul supporters and party leaders over delegate spots.

Paul told Bloomberg on Friday that he wasn’t pleased with Romney’s Thursday night convention speech.

“I remain very, very skeptical of hearing anything that will change the course of history,” said Paul. “There was no talk of the Federal Reserve. One of the engines of spending is militarism and empire and he enhanced it. He was on pushing it.”

Paul also praised Johnson, the former Republican governor of New Mexico, at the convention, saying, “I think he’s wonderful and I think he’s doing a good job, and people should look at him and every individual should make up their own mind.”

Earlier this year, Johnson told TheDC that he would not ask for Paul’s endorsement because the libertarian congressman might not grant one in the interests of “the family business” and his son’s political future within the Republican Party.

Paul and Johnson do have some political differences. Johnson vocally supports access to abortion and same-sex marriage, and is comfortable with limited U.S. military intervention for humanitarian purposes overseas.

Johnson, however, has been campaigning for the support of Paul voters.

After losing his bid for the Republican nomination in 2008, Paul initially issued an open endorsement of third party candidates, but as the election approached he endorsed Constitution Party candidate Chuck Baldwin. In 1988 Paul was the Libertarian Party’s presidential candidate.

On Tuesday evening Paul will appear on Jay Leno’s “Tonight Show,” where he will likely be pressed on the November election.

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

well the dye wore off the stripes didn't it . i am glad that bat shit crazy old bastard is gone .

Comment

damn that guy is a fucking tinfoil hat wearing nutjob!
      May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
      Semper Fi

Comment

Stop listening to the MSM. Think for yourselves and follow Dr. Paul and all the other Dr. Paul followers. Wake up, be independent and follow Dr. Paul and listen to what he tells you.
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
          Stop listening to the MSM. Think for yourselves and follow Dr. Paul and all the other Dr. Paul followers. Wake up, be independent and follow Dr. Paul and listen to what he tells you.
          Semper Fi

Comment

he's back with the libertarians where he belongs. he has 0 chance and neither do they . enough already .

Comment

^ Right because we should all be content with only the choice between democrat/republican which are by all purposes pretty much the same. To say he had 0 chance is a retarded statement considering how much support he had and the GOP had to go out of their way to screw him every chance they got. He brought up some serious issues that otherwise would have gone unnoticed.

Comment

Originally posted by woodstock View Post
                ^ Right because we should all be content with only the choice between democrat/republican which are by all purposes pretty much the same. To say he had 0 chance is a retarded statement considering how much support he had and the GOP had to go out of their way to screw him every chance they got. He brought up some serious issues that otherwise would have gone unnoticed.

Negative on the above statement being "retarded". His HORRIBLE military views are enough to turn off most of the GOP. He is in line with Obama on the apology tour.
                Detailing by Dylan
                817-494-3396
                Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

That's odd since he had overwhelming military support, that says a lot I think. That does seem to be the single biggest problem most people have with him but like it or not due to our financial situation there is a good chance we will be moving that direction regardless. I would say he is far from Obama, I know peace and free trade is a radical idea these days.

Comment

That's odd since he had overwhelming military support, that says a lot I think. That does seem to be the single biggest problem most people have with him but like it or not due to our financial situation there is a good chance we will be moving that direction regardless. I would say he is far from Obama, I know peace and free trade is a radical idea these days.
                    But racism is kinda old news. not really keen on a Klan supporter being in the Whitehouse. Not really keen on his hidden tax hike up to 23% either for normal shit like a McDonalds cheeseburger.

I swear, Paul Bots are the dumbest goddamned thing this country has seen since Jersey Shore aired.
                    Semper Fi

Comment

I've read the newsletters and I would hardly call them racist. Its a far stretch to call him racist though when he didn't even write them. You know not everyone who favors Ron Paul in a positive light is "Paul Bot". If there is one thing I'm tired of, it's hearing that phrase. Good to know that all the Ron Paul haters aren't regurgitating the same phrases though.

Comment

I've read the newsletters and I would hardly call them racist. Its a far stretch to call him racist though when he didn't even write them. You know not everyone who favors Ron Paul in a positive light is "Paul Bot". If there is one thing I'm tired of, it's hearing that phrase. Good to know that all the Ron Paul haters aren't regurgitating the same phrases though.
                        When you absolutely cannot listen to reason, will not admit he's been beaten and he, like Obama, believes he deserves the big seat while never running anything (City, State, etc), then you're a Paulbot.
                        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

I think it would have been alot easier for his supporters to come to terms with that fact had Romney beat him fair and square without all the voter fraud and shinannigans. IMO almost 3 decades as a congressman more than qualifies him for the presidency. He more than likely knows more about monetary/foreign policy than just about anyone else.

Comment

I think it would have been alot easier for his supporters to come to terms with that fact had Romney beat him fair and square without all the voter fraud and shinannigans. IMO almost 3 decades as a congressman more than qualifies him for the presidency. He more than likely knows more about monetary/foreign policy than just about anyone else.
                            It tells me we need term limits.

Comment

He more than likely knows more about monetary policy than just about anyone else.
                              Lmfao. Thanks, I needed that.
                              Originally posted by davbrucas
                              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Working...
                              X