VP Debate tonight - Ryan v. Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 32valves_of_pleasure View Post
    as far as syria goes, reports have said it's a small task force of 100 people. i bet it's to plan out the bombing of wherever the chemical weapons are should things start to escalate. there's supposdly 700k people that are trying to flee that country by the end of the year and turkey is returning fire everytime they get hit. right now it seems more like insurance incase things get to shit.
    ONe round hits a troop and Obama will call for war. He HAS to look strong after this Libya fuckup. He is starting a war, just like he destabilized Libya and Egypt but didn't have the balls to back Iranian people trying to remove Ackmadenajad. He wanted the Muslim Brotherhood in and that's what happened.

And remind me, where did he get the Constitutional power to send troops to Jordan? Or to put boots in Libya?
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Funny thing here, I live in Carrollton, renting a house in a neighborhood where the median price is 150-175k.

There are no signs for either candidate in the yards around here... This is the real middle class. Completely over both candidates at this point. The biggest turn off to me with either administration is that both have participated in encouraging the bipartisan mentality our government seems to have these days. Until both parties are willing to work with one another, with the people of this country as their priority, voters will continue to consider both options failed options.

Personally, I'm as republican as it gets, and I do like Ryan, but Romney really has, up until this point, never given me a warm fuzzy.

But as naynay will tell you, I'm republican because I'm white, and my parents had money. Just like he is a democrat, working class blue collar worker who grew up in a million dollar home in frisco, and was bought a new trans am, and corvette when the trans am caught on fire, all before he was 21... If that's not republican, I don't know what is :P
      Last edited by Silverback; 10-12-2012, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
        ONe round hits a troop and Obama will call for war. He HAS to look strong after this Libya fuckup. He is starting a war, just like he destabilized Libya and Egypt but didn't have the balls to back Iranian people trying to remove Ackmadenajad. He wanted the Muslim Brotherhood in and that's what happened.

And remind me, where did he get the Constitutional power to send troops to Jordan? Or to put boots in Libya?
        that's a lot of conjecturbation but i guess we'll see what happens.

source on libya and egypt?

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
          Funny thing here, I live in Carrollton, renting a house in a neighborhood where the median price is 150-175k.

There are no signs for either candidate in the yards around here... This is the real middle class. Completely over both candidates at this point. The biggest turn off to me with either administration is that both have participated in encouraging the bipartisan mentality our government seems to have these days. Until both parties are willing to work with one another, with the people of this country as their priority, voters will continue to consider both options failed options.

Personally, I'm as republican as it gets, and I do like Ryan, but Romney really has, up until this point, never given me a warm fuzzy.

But as naynay will tell you, I'm republican because I'm white, and my parents had money. Just like he is a democrat, working class blue collar worker who grew up in a million dollar home in frisco, and was bought a new trans am, and corvette when the trans am caught on fire, all before he was 21... If that's not republican, I don't know what is :P
          I would think that Romney's history of dealing with a state government that was 87% percent democrat would appeal to you. Barry on the other hand, has NEVER had to reach out (coming out of Chicago/Illinois) to the other party. The only time he got anything done, is when he owned congress (his first two years). Unfortunately, it was ObamaCare, and not a single republican voted for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
            ^lmgdao!
            See! The Bible does indeed contain wise words.
            Originally posted by Silverback View Post
            There are no signs for either candidate in the yards around here... This is the real middle class. Completely over both candidates at this point.
            ... or they are not interested or superficial enough to display signs because they may realize a sign isn't going to mean dick on who votes for who. I display no signs in my yard and neither do my immediate neighbors, but we are all very interested in this campaign and are going to vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by 32valves_of_pleasure View Post
              that's a lot of conjecturbation but i guess we'll see what happens.

source on libya and egypt?
              He armed Libyans and Egyptian rebels and one second was talking about how great the leaders were and the next calling for their removal. Hell, there's even speculation that Ambassador Stevens was where he was, trying to get back weapons Obama gave to the rebels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                I would think that Romney's history of dealing with a state government that was 87% percent democrat would appeal to you. Barry on the other hand, has NEVER had to reach out (coming out of Chicago/Illinois) to the other party. The only time he got anything done, is when he owned congress (his first two years). Unfortunately, it was ObamaCare, and not a single republican voted for it.
                I agree with you, and I do think Romney is the better option of the two, don't get me wrong.

I just have a feeling that the dems as a retaliation will pull the same stalemate in the future.

I like the Romney that debated last week, much more than the Romney that was campaigning six months ago, that's for sure.

One of my best friends is a die hard Dem, it's been nice having political discussions this year, and even as much as he wants to support his party, he can't vote for Obama again, and even feels bad for doing it last election.
                Last edited by Silverback; 10-13-2012, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Biden's condescension and buffoonery must be explained how? By blaming Paul Ryan, that's how!

If Vice President Joseph R. Biden smiled too much during his debate Thursday night, the White House said the blame lies with Republican Rep. Paul Ryan and his position on the Obama administration's 2009 stimulus plan.

Many viewers said Mr. Biden appeared condescending or arrogant by smiling and laughing while Mr. Ryan, the vice presidential nominee from Wisconsin, was speaking during their debate in Danville, Ky. But White House press secretary Jay Carney said Friday the vice president likely couldn't help himself.

"When Congressman Ryan starts attacking the administration over the [stimulus bill] and the split-screen shows the vice president smiling, I can tell you, I can guess why he was smiling," Mr. Carney said. "Because he knew how hypocritical that was, because he had seen the letters written by Congressman Ryan requesting [stimulus bill] funding, because it would help the economy in Wisconsin."

Mr. Biden also appeared amused while Mr. Ryan was discussing Iran, Afghanistan and other national security issues.
                    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

• wut?
                      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                        I just have a feeling that the dems as a retaliation will pull the same stalemate in the future.
                        Why shouldn't they? That's what the Repubs did. Boner said even before Ob took office that they would fight every bill that Ob brought out no matter what the bill. Their whole agenda from the start was to get Ob out not try and fix our fucked up system. If Mittens wins I hope he has the exact same fate.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4eyedwillie View Post
                          Why shouldn't they? That's what the Repubs did. Boner said even before Ob took office that they would fight every bill that Ob brought out no matter what the bill. Their whole agenda from the start was to get Ob out not try and fix our fucked up system. If Mittens wins I hope he has the exact same fate.
                          Even the dens figured it out and quit voting, it just took them longer.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Here's the deal 4-eyes. The House actually votes on bills. The Senate doesn't even bring bills that passed the House up for a vote. Who are the ones that are really fucking the system?
                            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Same fate? I agree. I hope Mitt has the House and Senate with super majorities and can pass anything he likes for over 2 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                                Same fate? I agree. I hope Mitt has the House and Senate with super majorities and can pass anything he likes for over 2 years.
                                Not gonna happen but thanks for playing.

Comment

Working...
                                X