No announcement yet.

VP Debate tonight - Ryan v. Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok can someone explain how CBS poll has Biden as the winner by about 18%? Biased poll? Am I so biased that I couldn't see what really happened? Are people that stupid?

Even fox news only called it a draw...

What did I miss?
    Last edited by Torinoman; 10-12-2012, 09:38 AM.
    1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

• Originally posted by 32valves_of_pleasure View Post

biggest company in 'merica is apple computer so i'm not really sure where he was going with this. we're in the information age, factory jobs aren't going to come in and save us. talking about small businesses whose running mate started bain capital oooOOOkay.
      Yes you should probably listen to the guy who created a powerhouse like Bain.
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Ryan deflected a little too much, not saying Biden didn't either. He could have said some really good conservative things, but it seemed like he stuck to the playbook. I would say draw, but Biden acted like a dick and Ryan should have called him out better on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
          Ryan deflected a little too much, not saying Biden didn't either. He could have said some really good conservative things, but it seemed like he stuck to the playbook. I would say draw, but Biden acted like a dick and Ryan should have called him out better on that.
          Agree with that. Biden was struggling to keep his voters, Ryan was proactively trying to acquire new ones.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
            Ok can someone explain how CBS poll has Biden as the winner by about 18%? Biased poll? Am I so biased that I couldn't see what really happened? Are people that stupid?

Even fox news only called it a draw...

What did I miss?

Analysis by Sarah Dutton, Jennifer De Pinto, Anthony Salvanto, Fred Backus and Lindsey Boerma

Fifty percent of uncommitted voters who tuned into Thursday night's vice presidential debate in Danville, Ky., said they see Vice President Joe Biden as the winner over Mitt Romney's GOP running mate Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., according to an instant poll taken by CBS News.

Of the 431 polled immediately following the debate, 31 percent deemed Ryan the winner, and 19 percent said they felt it was a tie. Party-wise it's a switch from last week's presidential debate, which uncommitted voters handed easily to Romney over President Obama.

Play Video
            Poll: Joe Biden wins vice presidential debate

Both Biden and Ryan gained ground on relatability and knowledge. The percentage of voters who say they believe they can relate to Biden spiked from 34 percent before the debate to 55 percent; 48 percent think Ryan is relatable, up from 31 percent before the debate. Meanwhile, after watching the two candidates debate, 85 percent of those polled think Biden is knowledgeable about the issues; 75 percent say that about Ryan.

Ryan, though, faced a loss among voters' opinions of which candidate would be an effective president, if necessary. Before the debate, he led Biden 45 percent to 39 percent; after the debate, 56 percent of those polled said Biden would be an effective president, with fewer - 49 percent--saying the same about Ryan.

The "uncommitted voters" who participated in this poll are either undecided or have chosen a candidate but say they could still change their minds. They are less likely than voters overall to identify with either of the two major political parties: 58 percent call themselves independents, 17 percent identify as Republicans, and 25 percent say they are Democrats.

This CBS News poll was conducted online using GfK's web-enabled KnowledgePanel?, a probability-based panel designed to be representative of the U.S. population. The poll was conducted among a nationwide random sample of 431 uncommitted voters who have agreed to watch the debate. Uncommitted voters are those who don't yet know who they will vote for, or who have chosen a candidate but may still change their minds.

GfK's KnowledgePanel participants are initially chosen scientifically by a random selection of telephone numbers and residential addresses. Persons in selected households are then invited by telephone or by mail to participate in the web-enabled KnowledgePanel?. For those who agree to participate, but do not already have Internet access, GfK provides at no cost a laptop and ISP connection.

This is a scientifically representative poll of uncommitted voters' reaction to the presidential debate. The margin of sampling error could be plus or minus 5 percentage points for results based on the entire sample.

---------------------------------

CBS NEWS POLLFor Release: October 11, 2012Immediate ReleaseThe Vice-Presidential Debate: Uncommitted Voters Pick Biden as Debate Winner
            October
            11, 2012Immediately after the Vice Presidential debate, CBS News interviewed a nationallyrepresentative sample of debate watchers assembled by GfK’s Knowledge Panel who were“uncommitted voters” – voters who are either undecided about who to vote for or who say theycould still change their minds.By a double-digit margin, uncommitted debate watchers think Joe Biden won the debate. 50%say he won, while 31% think Paul Ryan was the winner. 19% call it a tie.
            Who Won the Debate?
            (Uncommitted Voters Who Watched Debate)Joe Biden 50%Paul Ryan 31Tie 19Before the debate, more of these uncommitted voters (42%) thought Ryan would do a better job; just 14% expected Biden to win.These uncommitted voters are less likely than voters overall to identify with either of the twomajor political parties. 58% describe themselves as politically independent, 17% identify asRepublicans and 25% are Democrats.Overall impressions of both Vice Presidential candidates improved after the debate.
            Opinions of the Candidates After Tonight’s Debate
            (Uncommitted Voters Who Watched Debate)Joe Biden Paul RyanChanged for the better 42% 38%Changed for the worse 17 22No change 40 39Following the debate, more uncommitted voters think Vice President Biden shares theirpositions on issues than think Ryan does. Biden also wins on relatability, but Ryan improved onthis measure post-debate as well.Joe Biden made significant gains in these voters’ views of his ability to be an effective presidentif necessary. After the debate, 56% of uncommitted voters think Biden would be able to serveeffectively as president, up from 39% before the debate. Ryan improved four points on thismeasure.Still, both Joe Biden and Paul Ryan are seen as knowledgeable about the issues, anduncommitted voters think both care about their needs and problems

Comment

• Biden pissed me off so much I could hardly watch his stupid ass, what a piece of shit. I think OB keeps him in a cellar or something, I wouldn't let him out much either.
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

• You guys have to remember there are different kinds of polls. What you're looking for is a proper weighted poll of likely voters, done by a polling company preferrably. When a network does a poll "click here to vote" That isn't scientific in the slightest. I can make Ryan the winner by 90% if I threw a poll up here. It doesn't mean anything. You have to poll people who are going to vote, and people who are verified to be democrat, republican, or legitimately undecided.

The ABC News poll does not correspond to all other polling results, so it's suspicious. It's also suspicious because if you visted their page last night, they had 5 articles up about the debate, all of which included Biden winning, being great, etc. They are a very biased news network, and their polls have always reflected that. Their exit poll data and synopsis in 2004 showed Kerry won the election, they also falsely gave states to Kerry before they had the data in, and then had to reverse it - just remember that. They have a long history of this. It's very common in the left wing media to over sample democrats to get the results they want, so always pay attention to that. But, let's say what their assumed skew data says is correct. Basically if you read the print is says 50% think Biden won. 50% thought it was a tie or that Ryan won. Obama needed a sound victory in this debate. Every poll I've seen including this ABC News poll shows they didn't get what they needed. Most show Ryan won, and just about everyone that wasn't already in the tank for Obama agrees he was disrespectful and arrogant. This debate was a clear loss for the administration, no matter how you skew it. Of course liberals are going to praise Biden and declare victory. That is irrelevant, they were already voting for Obama. What matters here is undecided voters, and the overwhelming majority felt Ryan was talking to them. Biden was simply trying not to lose more of his own voters, it was simply about retention for the democrats.
                Last edited by CJ; 10-12-2012, 10:50 AM.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• Comment

• fuckin lol!

Comment

• Originally posted by naynay View Post
                        this is not an issue of race

when i take my son on his walk tomorrow i am going to take pics of all the streets in my neighborhood that are LIINNNEEEDDDDD with obama signs in the yards. There is no foodstamp/handouts in my neighborhood. Just well educated do-gooders
                        Yeah, ok...

You and others like you prove that THIS is a race issue. You and others like you are the reason why race will ALWAYS be an issue in America. If Democrates would STFU about race and realize poor white kids have it just as hard as poor black kids maybe we could get shit done.

I don't give a shit what color the president is as long as he does a good job, Obama hasn't done shit, but the black community would never see it that way, ignorance clouds judgement.

Comment

• Originally posted by naynay View Post
                          this is not an issue of race

when i take my son on his walk tomorrow i am going to take pics of all the streets in my neighborhood that are LIINNNEEEDDDDD with obama signs in the yards. There is no foodstamp/handouts in my neighborhood. Just well educated do-gooders
                          Every MD, PharmD I work with is a democrat......I just thought I put it out there since democrats are supposed to be dumb and poor.
                          .....bro....

Comment

• Originally posted by A+ View Post
                            Every MD, PharmD I work with is a democrat......I just thought I put it out there since democrats are supposed to be dumb and poor.
                            In Dallas? maybe. I personally know at least a half-dozen Conservative docs.
                            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                            dont downshift!!
                            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

I'd say that's probably more attributable to a tendency to think with their heart and not their head. It takes a really caring person to care for people, utmost respect for doctors. I don't know the figures, but the doctors I know are very conservative. I have a feeling it also depends on whether or not they run their own practice or not.

Comment

Hmmm. I wonder why so many are now denying MediCare and MediCaid patients? Maybe because Uncle Barry is financially tearing their nuts out? With the cut-backs in what those programs pay, more and more Docs have quit seeing these patients. This is the first wave of ObamaCare we are seeing. Remember last night when it was pointed out that Barry is cutting $716 billion out of Medicare? This is just the start of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X