Obama devolves on same-sex marriage and ‘Defense Against Marriage Act’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama devolves on same-sex marriage and ‘Defense Against Marriage Act’

Buh-bye gay-lo? Obama devolves on same-sex marriage and ‘Defense Against Marriage Act’
    Posted at 3:36 pm on October 27, 2012 by Twitchy Staff | View Comments

Obama is Devolving on Gay Marriage. lol @Jenfidel @ABC

Ash Tillotson (@AshTillotson) October 27, 2012

As expected, the “first gay president” continues to hold a revolving position on same-sex marriage rather than the much lauded “evolving” one.

Doublespeak
    MT @markknoller On same-sex marriage, Pres Obama says federal legislation “is probably wrong way to go.” But still opposes DOMA.—
    (@GayPatriot) October 26, 2012

Obama told MTV that when it comes to same-sex marriage, it would be up to future generations of Americans to implement meaningful reform.—
    John C. (@JCinQC) October 27, 2012

Obama tells MTV he wont do anything on gay marriage if re-elected abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/…—
    Richard Grenell (@RichardGrenell) October 27, 2012

During an interview with MTV’s Sway Calloway on Friday, President Obama explained that he’s just not that into doing anything to push gay marriage, but hey, maybe someone else can do something-or-other someday. Or something.

During a live interview today inside the White House, President Obama told MTV viewers that when it comes to same-sex marriage, it would be up to future generations of Americans to implement meaningful reform.

Asked if he would use his second term as a platform to overturn the Defense of Marriage Act, the president demurred, saying he viewed it as an issue for the states to decide.

Except he reportedly didn’t call it the “Defense of Marriage Act.”

Obama says he is opposed to "the so-called Defense Against Marriage Act"—
    Molly Ball (@mollyesque) October 26, 2012

Was looking for the "Defense Against Marriage Act" until I realized Obama botched the name for DOMA, which Biden voted for.—
    Joe Pounder (@PounderFile) October 26, 2012

And it happened twice.

"Defense Against Marriage Act" is what Obama calls the Defense of Marriage Act, twice, in MTV interview.—
    Jennifer Epstein (@jeneps) October 26, 2012

Whichever Act Obama was referring to, he told Calloway, “For us to try to legislate federally into this area is probably the wrong way to go.”

This is funny too, considering the President's "My First Time" ad gave "gay marriage" as a reason to vote for him. abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/…—
    Jake (@UCCowboy) October 27, 2012

Exit questions: Does this mean Obama will have to stop hijacking gay pride for his own gain? Or will those who swooned over “Obama Pride” continue to do so?

Update:

Richard Grenell notes that ABC has altered its report without issuing a formal correction.

ABC News changes headline & edits its original story on Obama's MTV gay marriage comments but doesn't note changes. Did liberals make them?—
    Richard Grenell (@RichardGrenell) October 28, 2012

The article was originally titled “Obama Tells MTV He Won’t Push Gay Marriage In Second Term.” That title still appears in the Google search results.

The article is now titled “Obama on MTV: Gay Marriage Is States’ Decision.” How ’bout that?

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

sounds like a smart move
    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Which way was the wind blowing today?

I think their strategy is to just say everything both ways, knowing that people will hear what they want to hear and ignore the rest.

Comment

he thinks its hurting his numbers so he has flip flopped to gain some votes.

Comment

Oh it kicked him in the nuts with the black community. Seems that blacks tend to cling to their religion or some other nonsense
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
            sounds like a smart move
            good huh?

nice to know he does that

so now its safe to assume he also has no problem doing it on issues that you care about

Comment

I closed the book on his ass long ago, but with him murdering those four Americans, I realize he's actually quite the coward. All those years of voting "present" instead of a committed stance, was fair warning that he has no "side" or agenda other than his own.

Comment

being who and what he is

it no t surprise to me if he just stands for one thing,

Stands for its total opposite in couple years,

Then stands for it again come election time . Par for the course . Whatever works

In reality he stands for nothing

Comment

I can think of 20 more important things right now that are more important then gay marriage...
                  Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                  Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                    I can think of 20 more important things right now that are more important then gay marriage...
                    Not if you are a cocksucker.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                      Not if you are a cocksucker.
                      ...or rug-muncher.

I agree that all these little side-shows are the libs just running interference for the REAL issues that affect all of us on a daily basis.

Comment

I don't care who you are, it shouldn't be on the top of your list.

There are much larger things going on that will directly impact your life then finalizing your "commitment" on a piece of paper.
                        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                          ...or rug-muncher.

I agree that all these little side-shows are the libs just running interference for the REAL issues that affect all of us on a daily basis.
                          This. People will vote for who sings the right song about whatever their pet agenda is and completely ignore the big picture.

Comment

Working...
                          X