2012 Election - Who's Gonna Win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
    Yes, but they can opt in or out. There's about $90 million for each candidate for 2012, which is absurd. They raise enough on their own.
    Originally posted by The King View Post
    Yes, but no one is claiming either of those parties to be a mouthpiece for effectual change in the taxation arena. If the Libertarian Party is opposed to wasting taxpayer money, why should they not consider acceptance of taxpayer money for their own campaigning expenses to be an equal waste of public funds?
    Oh, I see. So it's good for the goose, but not for the gander. How very typical. Just like all of you crying about Ron Paul and his term limits deal. I don't see a damn thing wrong with using the system in place to do your best to change the current system. How in the fuck else are you supposed to make it happen? By sitting at home on your ass and complaining on the internet? I think it's absurd that ANY candidate get federal funding for campaigns, but there is absolutely NO way to change it as it is. As I've already said, American politics are broken. The 2 party system is broken. And it will continue to be, until a third option is viable. To top it off, $90 million is a drop in the bucket given the debt. I don't understand why you guys can't understand this. Seems perfectly logical to me.

Doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results is the definition of insanity. But, by all means, continue on.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      Oh, I see. So it's good for the goose, but not for the gander. How very typical. Just like all of you crying about Ron Paul and his term limits deal. I don't see a damn thing wrong with using the system in place to do your best to change the current system. How in the fuck else are you supposed to make it happen? By sitting at home on your ass and complaining on the internet? I think it's absurd that ANY candidate get federal funding for campaigns, but there is absolutely NO way to change it as it is. As I've already said, American politics are broken. The 2 party system is broken. And it will continue to be, until a third option is viable. To top it off, $90 million is a drop in the bucket given the debt. I don't understand why you guys can't understand this. Seems perfectly logical to me.

Doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results is the definition of insanity. But, by all means, continue on.
      You are dodging the issue of why we should consider it acceptable for Libertarians to accept public funding for their campaigning, i.e. a "win", if they are supposedly so "different" and when taxation issues are such a centerpiece of their platform.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
        You are dodging the issue of why we should consider it acceptable for Libertarians to accept public funding for their campaigning, i.e. a "win", if they are supposedly so "different" and when taxation issues are such a centerpiece of their platform.
        I didn't dodge anything. I think it's perfectly acceptable, and logical, for them to use the system in place so their voice can be heard.

Republicans claim to be fiscally responsible. Why haven't they changed that? I've got all night, so dance right on around it.

Comment

My point is with the irony of those that preach against it while running, still want it (i.e. independents). I don't think any of them should get a dime. Like I tell my wife, pay attention before you let the bitch out.

Comment

My point is with the irony of those that preach against it while running, still want it (i.e. independents). I don't think any of them should get a dime. Like I tell my wife, pay attention before you let the bitch out.
            So, how else are they going to get a fair shot? Why can't the playing field be level? How is one supposed to put forth a bill instituting term limits, if he's not a politician? Try for one term, fail, give up and go home? Yes, because giving up on your goals brings forth real change. That's how all innovation and progression works.

I can't wait to hear the logic behind this. Through one side of your mouth, you say they shouldn't get a dime. Through the other, you vote for a party that takes advantage of the money. Classic "Do as I say, not as I do".

Comment

So, how else are they going to get a fair shot? Why can't the playing field be level? How is one supposed to put forth a bill instituting term limits, if he's not a politician? Try for one term, fail, give up and go home? Yes, because giving up on your goals brings forth real change. That's how all innovation and progression works.

I can't wait to hear the logic behind this. Through one side of your mouth, you say they shouldn't get a dime. Through the other, you vote for a party that takes advantage of the money. Classic "Do as I say, not as I do".
              Do you understand the process? Read up on it, do some homework, then we can talk like adults. Fuck me...

Comment

Do you understand the process? Read up on it, do some homework, then we can talk like adults. Fuck me...
                No thanks, I'd rather not fuck you. Yes, I understand the process. Seems to me, you are the one that doesn't. Not my fault you don't like facts thrown in your face.

Comment

No thanks, I'd rather not fuck you. Yes, I understand the process. Seems to me, you are the one that doesn't. Not my fault you don't like facts thrown in your face.
                  The third party gets a VERY small percentage. You have no inkling how it works, and stick your facts in your ass. LOL! Do you think 5% is really going to help a candidate that much? They should do away with all of it.

Comment

You girls calm down or I'm going to send you all to time out.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      You girls calm down or I'm going to send you all to time out.
                      I'm cool. I tend to bow up when being talked down too. My bad...

Hell, I'm arguing with a guy that doesn't even care enough to vote. It's silly.

Comment

I didn't dodge anything. I think it's perfectly acceptable, and logical, for them to use the system in place so their voice can be heard.

Republicans claim to be fiscally responsible. Why haven't they changed that? I've got all night, so dance right on around it.
                        They all lie, that's what you're dodging. Libertarian reforms are fine with you, even when they violate their own platform to advertise them.

Comment

They should do away with all of it.
                          I already said that. But you won't see a Democrat or a Republican with the balls to get rid of it. If one existed, it would have happened already.

Comment

Hell, I'm arguing with a guy that doesn't even care enough to vote. It's silly.
                            Why should I vote for someone I don't support? It's not that I don't care. I care very much. But both of these candidates are fucked.

At least I'm standing my ground.

Comment

Im hungry! Whataburger triple meat triple cheese with bacon and jalapeƱos anyone?
                              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                                Im hungry! Whataburger triple meat triple cheese with bacon and jalapeƱos anyone?
                                Do they take food stamps?

DAMN! I really, really wish I was wrong on this one

Comment

Working...
                                X