Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obamacare... The rise of the cheap contractor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4eyedwillie View Post
    You should do some research before opening your dick skinner. *Obamacare* IS private insurance moron.
    *Quasi-Private* insurance, since the federal government kicks in subsidies via vouchers and/or tax credits for those that opt in, which comes down to a back door way of increased spending by Uncle Sam.

You should be doing research yourself before calling anyone else a moron.

Comment

He dumb .

Comment

Originally posted by waycooljr View Post
        He dumb .
        As I posted once before, willie is an example of how liberals typically vote by their emotions rather than by using their minds.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
          *Quasi-Private* insurance, since the federal government kicks in subsidies via vouchers and/or tax credits for those that opt in, which comes down to a back door way of increased spending by Uncle Sam.

You should be doing research yourself before calling anyone else a moron.
          If the Gov doesn't own the company then YES it is Private dipshit. When someone uses medicaid to pay their doctors bill does that make the doctor semi-privately owned? No it doesn't. When they use their lonestar card to pay for their groceries does it mean Albertsons is semi-private? No

Comment

Originally posted by 4eyedwillie View Post
            If the Gov doesn't own the company then YES it is Private dipshit. When someone uses medicaid to pay their doctors bill does that make the doctor semi-privately owned? No it doesn't. When they use their lonestar card to pay for their groceries does it mean Albertsons is semi-private? No
            *Quasi-private*, retard, since the surviving health insurance companies will dwindle down to those that accept government subsidies on behalf of their policyholders and will in return be expected to limit their payouts to what the government deems appropriate. The government will be directly affecting which entities survive and which do not, all through their interference in what works best as a truly private enterprise. Think beyond the dumbed down drivel your messiah spews forth in teleprompter aided speechs, even though we all can see that you prefer to go on emotion rather than substance.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
              Lots of IRS rules around the contractor vs employee status. Make sure you research and stay on top of it. There's a 20 point checklist you can review.

(...)

One of the random things that our acct told me was that he had another client go through this with the IRS. They were trying to determine if he actually had "employees". One thing they checked was whether or not those people's voicemails identified them as an individual / contractor ("Hi, you've reached Strychnine, leave a message") or if their voicemail msg identified them as specifically being part of the company ("Hi, you've reached Strychnine with ABCD Bullshitting, leave a message"), and also whether or not they had business cards identifying them as being a more permanent part of the company.

My current employer originally hired me as a contractor. After the first year, I filed my taxes as an employee along with an SS-8 and supporting documentation (business cards included). I shifted well over $10k of tax burden back to my employer.
              Men have become the tools of their tools.
              -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
                My current employer originally hired me as a contractor. After the first year, I filed my taxes as an employee along with an SS-8 and supporting documentation (business cards included). I shifted well over $10k of tax burden back to my employer.
                im guessing you no longer work for them? lol

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                  *Quasi-private*, retard, since the surviving health insurance companies will dwindle down to those that accept government subsidies on behalf of their policyholders and will in return be expected to limit their payouts to what the government deems appropriate. The government will be directly affecting which entities survive and which do not, all through their interference in what works best as a truly private enterprise. Think beyond the dumbed down drivel your messiah spews forth in teleprompter aided speechs, even though we all can see that you prefer to go on emotion rather than substance.
                  You wasting your breath talking to that guy

Comment

Originally posted by Slammy View Post
                    im guessing you no longer work for them? lol
                    I'm looking elsewhere. My employer can't say much because I am functioning as an employee and I'm still cheaper than what he'd pay for someone else.
                    Men have become the tools of their tools.
                    -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by waycooljr View Post
                      You wasting your breath talking to that guy
                      I am not trying to change his mind on anything, given that rarely happens on internet forums. I will gladly expose his own arguments to be shallow and based on emotion however, just like his messiah obammy likes his steeple to be.

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
                        do you know if this can be done retroactively? I was switched to 10-99 after being a regular employee a few years ago at my previous employer.. he cost me about 6k in taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                          do you know if this can be done retroactively? I was switched to 10-99 after being a regular employee a few years ago at my previous employer.. he cost me about 6k in taxes.
                          Did you choose the switch or did they? A call to the state will change his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                            Did you choose the switch or did they? A call to the state will change his mind.
                            He did it. I'm no longer employed there either.

Comment

I'd still call the state you were located in at the time. If he did it to you he's doing it to other employees.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                                I'd still call the state you were located in at the time. If he did it to you he's doing it to other employees.
                                He's under all sorts of IRS problems and stuff.. and the last of his employees just quit and came to my current employer.

Comment

Working...
                                X