Louisiana residents petition to secede

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louisiana residents petition to secede

On Nov. 6, Americans voted to return Barack Obama to the White House; then on Nov. 7, some folks in Louisiana petitioned the White House to peaceably withdraw their state from the Union.

Coincidence?

According to the White House website, the petition was created by Michael E. (full last name not provided) of Slidell, La., the day after the election and has since been electronically signed by a few hundred people, most – but not all – of whom hail from the Pelican State.

“We petition the Obama administration to: Peacefully grant the State of Louisiana to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own NEW government,” the petition reads.

It continues, “As the Founding Fathers of the United States of America made clear in the Declaration of Independence in 1776: ‘When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.’”

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Hmm...interesting!
    Wanna see my care face???

Comment

Come on trend!!

If Jindal got on board with this I would be ecstatic!!

Comment

I bet this catches and more businesses go Galt. You can cheat to get your boy in, but you can't make us stay
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Something like that will go nowhere without backing by state government, which is unlikely unless you were talking about Arizona.
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            I bet this catches and more businesses go Galt. You can cheat to get your boy in, but you can't make us stay
            I'm not putting stock in anyone until actions start happening.

I don't particularly like the flavor of crow unless I'm the one cooking it.

Comment

Honestly beside texas I dont know of any state that could secede and sustain. I'm just hoping they take oklahoma with them. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
                Honestly beside texas I dont know of any state that could secede and sustain. I'm just hoping they take oklahoma with them. LOL
                Any state with a coast line probably could, but most would not want to.
                I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                  Any state with a coast line probably could, but most would not want to.
                  im not 100% about that. there's a few states that have coast line that wouldn't last long. Either way I wonder if it will come to that. I wonder if they'd start mobilizing guard units? I mean some police forces are semi militarized as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
                    Texas and Louisiana could probably do some damage together

I wouldn't be mad if Oklahoma joined in... They're OK
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post

I see what you did there

Comment

LOL yah, atleast we're fairly liberal in the firearm department. I've oc'd twice just because haha. It feels so weird walking around with a glock 17 , no one even looks twice though. Ive not seen ONE person oc'n beside myself

Comment

With those three states, we're talking about a shitload of the oil business: pipelines, refineries, rigs, production, the whole bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                            With those three states, we're talking about a shitload of the oil business: pipelines, refineries, rigs, production, the whole bit.
                            pretty much my point
                            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                              I bet this catches and more businesses go Galt.
                              Dude, can we talk about this?
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                              X