Union kills the Twinkie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
    LOl you can't be serious are you. The price of steel, copper, and aluminum is cheaper by your standards. Let's not talk about gas prices and how shipping has gone through the roof since 2008. Yea lets blame the price increases on the union. Sounds legit.
    LMMFAO, that's your industry, isn't it?
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

LOl you can't be serious are you. The price of steel, copper, and aluminum is cheaper by your standards. Let's not talk about gas prices and how shipping has gone through the roof since 2008. Yea lets blame the price increases on the union. Sounds legit.
      Further proof that you have no fucking clue what you are talking about, outside of your white trash choo choo world.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post

As harsh as this sounds, all people are not created equal. Many people lack intelligence. Many people lack motivation. Many people lack experience. Many people are not willing to get outside of their comfort zone. Unions take away the motivation to succeed. Or at the very least, the motivation to improve yourself and move up. If you are smarter than the rest, guess what? You're still making the same money, and get the same benefits as the lazy fucker that "works" next to you. You're keeping him in a job. Life is, and always has been about the survival of the fittest. So where is the motivation? Tensions between management and unions also discourage moving in to management. This is a great move, professionally. But the unions discourage it, and talk shit about those that cross the fence. So again, where is the motivation? Where is the competition? Just like in every business, there is competition. Within each of those businesses, there is competition among employees. You man up and produce, and do it better, and more efficiently than your coworkers, or you get passed over by the competition that kicks your ass every day. This doesn't exist when the union is involved.
        Another jewel. I've been offered a manager job 3 times and everytime I laugh in their face. It all comes down to economics. Why would I take a 35k a year pay cut, pay $900 more a month for insurance, on top of each family member now having a $2,000 deductible, have a crappier schedule than I do know, be forced all over the country, and get treated like shit from every side. Yep you can keep the title. It would take 10 years in managment just to be equal the pay to where I was when I first crossed over. I'd lose out on over $500,000 in pay and benefits. Really sounds like a way to better myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
          This has become monumentally hilarious.
          It always does.
          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
          dont downshift!!
          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            Further proof that you have no fucking clue what you are talking about, outside of your white trash choo choo world.
            Go look at graphs of metal prices over the last 5 years and tell me they are cheaper. Yea I might be white trash, but what are you. I own my home and don't roll around in a busted ass expedition with 200k miles on it.

Comment

Really sounds like a way to better myself.

Thank you for proving my point, exactly. You're so goddamned stupid, you don't even realize that's exactly what you did.

Comment

Another jewel. I've been offered a manager job 3 times and everytime I laugh in their face. It all comes down to economics. Why would I take a 35k a year pay cut, pay $900 more a month for insurance, on top of each family member now having a $2,000 deductible, have a crappier schedule than I do know, be forced all over the country, and get treated like shit from every side. Yep you can keep the title. It would take 10 years in managment just to be equal the pay to where I was when I first crossed over. I'd lose out on over $500,000 in pay and benefits. Really sounds like a way to better myself.
                I want everyone to pay attention to this. This is what union's do. They overpay workers. FreightTrain here is saying he won't take greater responsibility because it's a pay cut. The reason it's a pay cut is because he is overpaid in his position. He refuses to work his way up and accept more responsibility. This is counter productive and the perfect example of how much damage unions do. I've heard FreightTrain constantly undermine management, and talk about how incompetent they are. This right here is the reason for that. He's overpaid. Qualified people that understand the industry won't take the positions. This is a perfect example of my point. Yet, at the same time you hear FreightTrain saying management is paid too much. Since FreightTrain has proven time and again he doesn't understand the free market system and economics his answer will be they need to pay management more to get people to move into it.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Go look at graphs of metal prices over the last 5 years and tell me they are cheaper. Yea I might be white trash, but what are you. I own my home and don't roll around in a busted ass expedition with 200k miles on it.

At least his Expedition doesn't have a squeaky seat for him to throw a temper tandrum over.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                    I want everyone to pay attention to this. This is what union's do. They overpay workers. FreightTrain here is saying he won't take great responsibility because it's a pay cut. The reason it's a pay cut is because he is overpaid in his position. He refuses to work his way up and accept more responsibility. This is counter productive and the perfect example of how much damage unions do. I've heard FreightTrain constantly undermine management, and talk about how incompetent they are. This right here is the reason for that. He's overpaid. Qualified people that understand the industry won't take the positions. This is a perfect example of my point.

It's like Christmas came early.

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                      LMMFAO, that's your industry, isn't it?
                      Another smart guy. Rail is the cheapest form of transportation in the world. We can move 1 ton of freight over 400 miles on 1 gallon of gas. I love how yall call me the idiot, but yall believe gas prices, shipping, and raw materials are cheaper today than 5 years ago. I guess there really is power in numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                        I want everyone to pay attention to this. This is what union's do. They overpay workers. FreightTrain here is saying he won't take greater responsibility because it's a pay cut. The reason it's a pay cut is because he is overpaid in his position. He refuses to work his way up and accept more responsibility. This is counter productive and the perfect example of how much damage unions do. I've heard FreightTrain constantly undermine management, and talk about how incompetent they are. This right here is the reason for that. He's overpaid. Qualified people that understand the industry won't take the positions. This is a perfect example of my point. Now, naturally I'm sure he will say that they just need to pay management more. Since FreightTrain has proven time and again he doesn't understand the free market system and economics his answer will be they need to pay management more to get people to move into it.
                        The all knowing bank teller.

I'd have you know these managers you speak of can't do my job. That's why I'm paid what I'm paid.

Comment

Steel is down 9.8x% just over the last 12 months. Steel suppliers are cutting back production, to manipulate the supply/demand. You know jack shit. lmfao

As for my "busted ass Expedition with over 200K miles on it"... lol. I paid cash for it, I drive FAR too much for a car payment and buying new cars every 2-3 years to ever make any sense. You see, I'm not so completely insecure that I mention my salary in every single thread I post in. Nor am I so completely insecure, that a car is a status symbol for me. It's merely a tool that I use to do a job.

Comment

The all knowing bank teller.

I'd have you know these managers you speak of can't do my job. That's why I'm paid what I'm paid.
                            You use these cheap insults because you have no valid points. Your argument strategy is childish. No, you're not worth what you're paid. If you were you wouldn't rely on a union to force a company to pay it. You don't get the luxury of telling us you're worth what you're paid.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                              Bullshit. The cuts were COMPANY WIDE. The cuts would have amounted to over $30MM. Since the fucking selfish baker Nazis refused to work, EVERYONE got canned. You can't count pay cuts from just the bakers, since that never existed. How is this difficult to understand? It's like me offering to sell you a car with a $10,000 discount &you don't buy it. I still offered the $10,000 discount whether you took it or not.

You have to look at the COMPANY and it's needs, not just the bakers. Your inability to grasp financials is infuriating.
                              Would the 13+ million in cuts they had agreements on have helped? Yes
                              They shutdown because the bakers refused to accept cuts. They COULD have went back to work with the cuts they had, they choose not to and shut the company down.
                              I honestly don't believe the company would have lasted another 6 months no matter what. My opinion is the equity sharks wanted to shut the company down and sell off the pieces so they could get their money now. They wanted this to end this way that way they don't look as bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4eyedwillie View Post
                                Would the 13+ million in cuts they had agreements on have helped? Yes
                                They shutdown because the bakers refused to accept cuts. They COULD have went back to work with the cuts they had, they choose not to and shut the company down.
                                No, they couldn't. Businesses make money, it isn't a charity. Would you pay me $150 a week if you brought in $100 a week?

Originally posted by 4eyedwillie View Post
                                I honestly don't believe the company would have lasted another 6 months no matter what. My opinion is the equity sharks wanted to shut the company down and sell off the pieces so they could get their money now. They wanted this to end this way that way they don't look as bad.
                                They wouldn't have invested in a whole new management if they didn't believe it was a good investment.

Comment

Working...
                                X