Union kills the Twinkie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
    I want everyone to pay attention to this. This is what union's do. They overpay workers. FreightTrain here is saying he won't take greater responsibility because it's a pay cut. The reason it's a pay cut is because he is overpaid in his position. He refuses to work his way up and accept more responsibility. This is counter productive and the perfect example of how much damage unions do. I've heard FreightTrain constantly undermine management, and talk about how incompetent they are. This right here is the reason for that. He's overpaid. Qualified people that understand the industry won't take the positions. This is a perfect example of my point. Yet, at the same time you hear FreightTrain saying management is paid too much. Since FreightTrain has proven time and again he doesn't understand the free market system and economics his answer will be they need to pay management more to get people to move into it.
    That goes back to my post at the top of the page, that both of the morons completely skipped the fuck over. Must be allergic to logic.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      That goes back to my post at the top of the page, that both of the morons completely skipped the fuck over. Must be allergic to logic.
      Unfortunately FreightTrain is too ignorant to learn, that's what works for him. But, it's an opportunity to make an example out of him.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
        You use these cheap insults because you have no valid points. Your argument strategy is childish. No, you're not worth what you're paid. If you were you wouldn't rely on a union to force a company to pay it. You don't get the luxury of telling us you're worth what you're paid.
        I guess you don't read your buddies post. So are you or are you not a bank teller? I posted how the union in my industry saves the company money. That's the only experience I have and told you from the begining. You claim I was wrong and didn't know what I'm talking about. Which is funny because you have no real world experience with unions and companies that employ them. You go by the headlines you read on the internet. I'm worth what I'm paid. How many people do you know are walking around with a Class 1 Locomotive License? Same as a commerical pilot license. Those guys get paid what they are worth because of the License they hold.

Like I told you. I was willing to have that conversation with you and would take it to PMs, but you just want the drama.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
          I guess you don't read your buddies post. So are you or are you not a bank teller? I posted how the union in my industry saves the company money. That's the only experience I have and told you from the begining. You claim I was wrong and didn't know what I'm talking about. Which is funny because you have no real world experience with unions and companies that employ them. You go by the headlines you read on the internet. I'm worth what I'm paid. How many people do you know are walking around with a Class 1 Locomotive License? Same as a commerical pilot license. Those guys get paid what they are worth because of the License they hold.

Like I told you. I was willing to have that conversation with you and would take it to PMs, but you just want the drama.

Learn to fucking read dude.

Bank Manager =/= Bank Teller

< Bank Manager as well.

Comment

You're not offending me, you're childish insults display how socially and intellectually impotent you are. You use insults because your arguments are flawed and you don't understand the discussion, so you try to get me upset so I don't focus on your inability to defend your position.

You're union doesn't save your company money. Let's see some evidence. You're explaination was it saves money because it doesn't need as many managers. Yet, you follow it up by saying managers don't get paid shit. Well then, how is it saving the company money if you're paid so much more? There are 300 people to every manager, all of which are overpaid. That completely invalidates your point, you did it yourself.

You're not worth what you're paid. If you were worth it, you could go to a non-union company and get paid the same amount. You don't have the luxury of telling us you're worth what you paid. The union you belong to inflates your wages and forces the company to overpay you. This is evidenced in your own post saying that you won't go into management because you're paid far more than them. Look, I know this pisses you off, but it's the truth - you are only worth what a free market company is willing to pay you.

Let me make this a little more simple. If I have a lemonade stand, and my lemonade is 10 cents each, and the other 20 lemonade stands sells the same thing for 5 cents each, it isn't worth 10 cents because no one will pay it, it's worth 5 cents. If a customer comes up, and I put a gun to his head and force him to pay 10 cents, it doesn't mean my product is worth 10 cents. It's still worth 5. That's what unions do. They take companies hostage to pay overinflated rates.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

CJ you're pretty smart for a bank teller. I guess you need to send old Warren Buffett an email and tell him he's doing it wrong. He needs to sell every business he owns that has a union because they can't make a profit and are losing him billions a year.

Sorry guys, but the resumes in this thread are a little thin. For all you're knowledge and experience I'd expect people to have done better for themselves. Don't tell me I'm talking to alot of pot smokers that have the world figured it but are to lazy to do anything about it. I know I'm a piss ant grunt and I like it on the bottom. Think it has a little to do with the fact that I make more money than the guys 10 management spots above me.
              Lol, all I read in you posts is "I won't take a promotion that means I have to work and get a raise based on my performance"
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• This thread is like a trainwreck .gif, it just keeps replaying and replaying and replaying.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                  Lol, all I read in you posts is "I won't take a promotion that means I have to work and get a raise based on my performance"
                  What kind of work do you do?

Comment

Why do you keep asking this? So you can insult him with it? Let's just stay on topic.

Comment

He's already answered it once, in this thread. Learn to read.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

It doesn't matter.
                        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                        dont downshift!!
                        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Another smart guy. Rail is the cheapest form of transportation in the world. We can move 1 ton of freight over 400 miles on 1 gallon of gas. I love how yall call me the idiot, but yall believe gas prices, shipping, and raw materials are cheaper today than 5 years ago. I guess there really is power in numbers.
                          Damm skippy hope you not filling the tanks up, they tend to run warm with gas in them, for a short distance any way. Unions sure took care of detroit didnt they.

Comment

Just how much talent does it take to drive a train on tracks? You keep one foot on dead mans switch and push a button. I have seem monkeys do that much. Class 1 license what a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                              Give one guess who he voted for,

Comment

He is CFO of Furrburger Magazine.

Comment

Working...
                                X