• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BradM View Post
    Lincolnboy?
    LOL

No

Fixed it for teh mo better.

Comment

• Warren Buffett doesn't buy airlines because capital costs are too high. In fact, BNSF is the first business he has bought that really violated that rule in a major way.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• This union on union violence has got to stop guys! Somebody pm me when I can finally buy my twinkies and ding dongs again.

Comment

• Originally posted by dewayne6243 View Post
          And yet they make more than an average medical doctor. I can't wait for American airline to go belly up and fire them all.

As the pilots agreed to a new contract today don't wait to long sir. Again I agree both jobs are important. Just pilots everytime they take off have more lives in their hands on average.

Comment

• Originally posted by dewayne6243 View Post
            The odds of hitting the lotto 10 times in a row is greater than being killed in a plane crash and when it happens majority is pilot error. Back to my point the over paid pilots and there union are destroying the airlines.
            Air travel is safe, but it isn't that safe.

The odds of winning the Texas Lottery (1:25.8 million) ten times in a row are somewhere near 1:1.3x10^74.

I think even a shit-faced monkey has better odds of barn storming a 777 through the base of the Eiffel Tower before barrel rolling it and landing 300 vomit soaked passengers safely at Charles de Gaulle.
            Men have become the tools of their tools.
            -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Haha! Hey Bernie, need to hit up BWW again sometime.
              Ford
              GM
              Toyota
              VAG

Comment

• Originally posted by BradM View Post
                This union on union violence has got to stop guys! Somebody pm me when I can finally buy my twinkies and ding dongs again.
                I hope I am not a subject of this post. Lincolnboy slap was bad enough. I was just wondering about the merits of 300 passengers or 300 tons of coal.

Both have merits but should have a corespondening pay scale.

Comment

• Man, that sounds like a good idea. December is a mess, maybe in January?
                  Men have become the tools of their tools.
                  -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDumbRedneck View Post
                    I did union work at power plant projects that my dad managed for a construction company. I was a member of three different unions--boilermaker, bricklayer, and laborer. It was a good way to earn some money between school years. During high school, I hauled hay and mowed yards and the harder I worked the more money I made. That is not the case with unions.

I was surprised at the amount of money I made versus the work I had to do. If I tried to work hard, I would receive some "education". The union veterans would tell me to slow down or I was going to work my self out of a job. I found out later that wasn't true. They just didn't want to look bad in comparison. Truth is that the construction company and the labor union had an agreement that at least one labor union had to be present on each shift. I was guaranteed a job no matter what my effort was.

You couldn't help anybody either. On one job I was working as a laborer. We were removing panels from a heat exchanger. Only boilermakers could be in the heat exchanger. I couldn't even reach into there. They told me that if they needed someone to hand it to, then they would tell the construction company to bring another boilermaker. Once the panels hit the grating, they belonged to the laborers. I could then carry them to a 55 gallon drum but I couldn't put them in it. Only boilermakers could do that. The panels were then responsibility of the operators union. After they hit the ground, they were once again "property" of the labor union. There was always people standing around not doing anything. What a joke!

I could go on and on about the quality of the workers, what my dad had to do to make sure his company made money, etc. There was a place for unions when there were sweat shops in the US, safety issues in the workplace, and truly poor wages but with OSHA, wage laws, etc., they are not needed. Only thing they are good for now is ruining businesses.
                    Pretty much every point I've ever made. Thank you
                    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Originally posted by quikag View Post
                      All this union smack talk aside, if people can get that kind of pay and company management agrees to it, then more power to them. Here in TX for the most part, people get paid, they do good work, the company thrives, and everyone benefits. Unions are not needed. People get paid and benefit on their merits, their experience, and their tenure. They don't need a union like they needed their mommy when they were young on the teet.
                      best post here.. i'll gladly take my $29/hr at TFS for the same work that TDi is willing to give me $22/hr for. Fuck vacations and sick time, i dont need either one. And yes there are leeches who roll from contractor to contractor for a couple weeks at a time, but those of us who are worth a shit do not get laid off or terminated hardly if ever. I know there are a few other UA members on this site who choose not to get caught up in this shit, and i can respect that.

i'll throw a dollar figure out there that may blow some of ya'lls minds.

Intel in Chandler, AZ will often times offer a good orbital welder with a solid track record $4700/week + $2000/month per diem. now granted thats working 7 days a week 12 hours a day, but when you get that call you do the math and figure out how many weeks/months you need to be ther to make $xx,xxx and you go back home for a while. it's a beautiful thing.

and one last time, i only speak for the UA, i do not know how the railroad or hostess or UAW or any other union handles their business.
                      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• Originally posted by 4eyedwillie View Post
                        While I agree with most of your post, I'm not so sure about this part. There are already people arguing to get rid of the minimum wage. There are MANY people (especially on this board) complaining about OSHA safety rules hurting a companies ability to make money. It isn't a stretch to go from there to doing away with minimum wage and OSHA altogether. I could almost get behind the unions time is over bandwagon IF I didn't think that without them things would get VERY bad for workers.
                        Minimum wage is an unconstitutional action that sets a price floor instead of allowing the market to set the prices. It also disproportionately punishes the poor, adds to unemployment and raises prices on goods and services. OSHA....where would I find the Constitutional authority for OSHA?
                        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• this motherfucker, fuck your constitution pussy, go get a fucking job
                          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                            Minimum wage is an unconstitutional action that sets a price floor instead of allowing the market to set the prices. It also disproportionately punishes the poor, adds to unemployment and raises prices on goods and services. OSHA....where would I find the Constitutional authority for OSHA?
                            its a federal act you half wit
                            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                              Warren Buffett doesn't buy airlines because capital costs are too high. In fact, BNSF is the first business he has bought that really violated that rule in a major way.

And I thought be bought it because they make 1 billion profit every quarter.
                              Originally posted by The King
                              I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Couver View Post
                                I hope I am not a subject of this post. Lincolnboy slap was bad enough. I was just wondering about the merits of 300 passengers or 300 tons of coal.

Both have merits but should have a corespondening pay scale.

Yep, and flight attendants making 75k a year for handing out peanuts.
                                Originally posted by The King
                                I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

Working...
                                X