Union kills the Twinkie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dewayne6243 View Post
    Yep, and flight attendants making 75k a year for handing out peanuts.
    A few might, but the median is about $60k. (Glass Door has a good graph, and my sis has been with Southwest for 18 years, and she doesn't)

Comment

• Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
      Agreeance has been issued.
      Hope Jen isn't reading this thread.

Comment

I am a pilot and a A&P mechanic. I have never flown a 777 or anything close to that size but I can read "AUTO PILOT".

Not going to say names but there is a guy here that his dad used to fly 767ER, now retired, and the stories he told me on how shit faced he would be in the cockpit but the plane will do everything. He told me if your shit faced drunk and you can make it home to your drive way you can taxi a plane to the gate.
        How do you keep that cert/license?

Originally posted by dewayne6243 View Post
        No but the pilots are crushing American. Pay me $100K with full benefits and I will fly for American. Would love to hit a button, let the plane fly itself, and kick back and drink my Crown.
        I thought they made $200k, and from your previous posts, wouldn't $100k be a cut in pay to go to a worse union?

I think everyone that has read this would like to hear how piloting a large commercial jet is simpler than a "driving" a train? And yes, I forget what you do at the RR, but I think you might know that answer.
        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
        86 SVO - Sold
        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
          A few might, but the median is about $60k. (Glass Door has a good graph, and my sis has been with Southwest for 18 years, and she doesn't)
          Good money for passing out peanuts. Far better than the people at the Ballpark.
          Originally posted by The King
          I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
            How do you keep that cert/license?

I thought they made $200k, and from your previous posts, wouldn't $100k be a cut in pay to go to a worse union?

I think everyone that has read this would like to hear how piloting a large commercial jet is simpler than a "driving" a train? And yes, I forget what you do at the RR, but I think you might know that answer.

Because planes have autopilot and trains don't. Airplanes can take off and land by themselves. Trains can't. Geez, read back a few pages.
            Originally posted by The King
            I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

• I give props to stewardesses. Long hours, dealing with idiots and you are wherever you land until the next flight leaves. Limited time at home, and even less sleep
              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

And I thought be bought it because they make 1 billion profit every quarter.
                No one said anything about why he bought it
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Because planes have autopilot and trains don't. Airplanes can take off and land by themselves. Trains can't. Geez, read back a few pages.
                  Dude really? The planes have to taxi to an active runway, sometimes crossing others. Then take off fly a certain route and come back into an airspace that mandates they come in a certain way. Or if the wind changes they get to figure out another way to get in. Tracks do not change. Again each is hard in its own way but the cargo is what drives it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                    I give props to stewardesses. Long hours, dealing with idiots and you are wherever you land until the next flight leaves. Limited time at home, and even less sleep
                    Well said.... I carry my slips to give them every flight. I don't know what they get but everytime I give them out they like em.

Comment

• If you tip them on international flights when they bring you your free drink, they will bend over backwards for you the whole time. And if you don't have any money, be polite and cheerful. It goes a long way.

Comment

Minimum wage is an unconstitutional action that sets a price floor instead of allowing the market to set the prices. It also disproportionately punishes the poor, adds to unemployment and raises prices on goods and services. OSHA....where would I find the Constitutional authority for OSHA?
                        You do realize that there have been 100's of thousands if not millions of laws passed since the constitution was passed don't you? There is NOTHING in the constitution that says there can't be other laws in fact it states exactly how other laws are supposed to be passed. And if those laws are passed in the manner set forth in the constitution then YES THEY ARE CONSTITUTIONAL!! GIVE THE FUCKIN IT AIN'T IN THE CONSTITUTION A REST IT'S LIKE A BROKEN RECORD WITH YOU. If the law is passed then yes it is CONSTITUTIONAL.

Comment

• Actually it does. 10th amendment. Would you like me to quote it?

A law is not constitutional just because it passed. Internment passed, was it constitutional?

Comment

Actually it does. 10th amendment. Would you like me to quote it?

A law is not constitutional just because it passed. Internment passed, was it constitutional?
                            The only reason it was unconstitutional was because it violated one of the other amendments to the constitution. If the dumbfuck who wrote it had cared what the constitution said he would not have written it.

Comment

• Exactly. That's kind of the point. The federal government has 18 enumerated powers and anything that the States decide to allow by amendment. If it's not enumerated, the power does not reside in the federal government. It belongs to the states and the people respectively.

OSHA? Unconstitutional on a federal level. Same with minimum wage, EPA, DEA, Dept of Education, Energy and so forth. You said if a bill is passed it's defacto constitutional, yet when I presented you the most blatant example of how wrong that is, you change your argument.

These hundreds of thousands of bills you speak of violate an amendment to the constitution as well. 10th amendment
                              Last edited by Forever_frost; 12-07-2012, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• Editing my thoughts. But in a nice way I'll say I wanna slow jog a sawzall across frosts fucking throat.
                                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Working...
                                X