We all live in a turquoise submarine... Iran's newest [laughable] toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We all live in a turquoise submarine... Iran's newest [laughable] toy

Iran's navy showcases its bright new warship. . . but can it do any damage (and won't they see it coming)?

Iranian state television showed footage of the new ships - a Sina 7 submarine, two Ghadir subs and a pair of hovercraft

Navy officials say that the fleet must possess 'the newest technology' to protect its borders.

The Beatles famously sung about a psychedelic fantasy Yellow Submarine in the 1960s.

With the potential to be slightly more dangerous, but just as colourful, the Iranian Navy has been showcasing the latest addition to its fleet - a brilliant bright turquoise blue submarine. Designers of the domestically-produced warship must have thought that the bizarre shade would make the craft blend in with the deep waters of the high seas.

But it's hard to believe that the enemy won't see this one coming with the colour making it stand out like a sore thumb against the water's surface.
    The Navy was showing off the eye-catching creation, which is around the size of a frigate, on Iran state television yesterday.

Navy officials, rather conservatively dressed in plain dark uniforms compared to their dazzling ship, watched as the Sina-7, equipped with anti-ship missiles, was launched at Bandar Abbas, near the strategic Strait of Hormuz.
    Two new Iranian-built Ghadir subs and two repaired hovercraft were also delivered to the Navy.

Navy chief Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari was quoted on Iranian television as saying that the nation must possess the 'newest technology and top-grade facilities to protect its borders.' Ghadir class submarines can fire missiles and torpedoes at the same time, and can operate in the Persian Gulf's shallow waters.

Iran has sought to upgrade its air defense and naval capabilities, saying any possible future attacks on it would come from the air and sea. The country now claims to be 'self sufficient' in terms of supplying equipment to meet its military needs.

LMAO at the part in red:

VS.

It's so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!
    May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
    Semper Fi

Comment

Damn the cartels are using better subs than those

Comment

Sounds like a good enough reason to start a war.

Comment

Looks like something the cartels would have designed up.

Comment

I bet the cartels designed it for them...
            ./ ____ _ _\.
            (]]]_ o _[[[)
            \o_FORD_o/
            |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

Is sina Persian for guppy?
              Men have become the tools of their tools.
              -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I'm sure that is new technology compared to what little they have.
                "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Jesus Christ, was that thing decommissioned after the first World War?

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                    I'm sure that is new technology compared to what little they have.
                    I was looking for pictures of the first powered submarines for comparison, but they're all old fuzzy black and white images, so it's hard to tell.
                    Men have become the tools of their tools.
                    -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Wtf is that thing going to do? I appreciate their effort to play with the big boys, but the execution is prematurely ejaculating.

Comment

Wind-up toys could be effective when you pack them full of HE.

Comment

And it comes with an unlimited supply of ammo.

Comment

It looks an awful lot like my recycle bin.
                            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                              It looks an awful lot like my recycle bin.
                              lmmfao
                              May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                              Semper Fi

Comment

Working...
                              X