Cops upset about being treated like citizens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    I'd bitch but you'd not see me releasing a press release. I'd bitch to yall. I'd also not be displaying my firearm as that would be...what's that word when a citizen does it....illegal.

What MOUNT training do you get Jamison? I know SWAT does as I've dealt with some of them but joe on the street? Fuck, some of you bastards can't get out of the car without huffing. I'd like to see Dallas' finest actually go through a tape test. My statement isn't irrational. Military training is more intensive and more actively reinforced that law enforcement. Why? We use ours daily. How often do you get called to clear a building? Or get into a firefight? No, most cops are revenue generators and paper pushers.

And you're disputing my assertion that cops have no obligation to protect us? Would you like the Supreme Court case?
    Yep... you're not getting it at all.

The LEO carrying firearms is just as legal as you wearing shoes. You can't compare you carrying a firearm to an LEO (on or off-duty). They are within their rights to carry and yes, they can act within their full capacity off-duty.

Comment

Again, them carrying isn't the issue. Them bitching and releasing a press statement when they were asked to leave is. If they wanted to eat at a gun free resteraunt, they should have left their weapons in the car with an officer.

That's my point. You're asked to leave, you leave.
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Again, them carrying isn't the issue. Them bitching and releasing a press statement when they were asked to leave is. If they wanted to eat at a gun free resteraunt, they should have left their weapons in the car with an officer.

That's my point. You're asked to leave, you leave.
        It is always in the best interest of the department to issue press releases on anything like this in order to avoid STUPID speculation by the public.

Comment

And the restaurant has the right to refuse service.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
            It is always in the best interest of the department to issue press releases on anything like this in order to avoid STUPID speculation by the public.
            Right, because their press release was professional and was aimed at diffusing the situation between officers in question and the owner of the establishment.

Comment

(The manager) stated that he had a complaint from another customer about the weapon and she had to take the weapon outside or leave,” he said.

The manager told the detectives that Denny’s only allows officers in uniform to carry weapons. The detectives said that wasn’t going to happen so they got up to leave.

Doesn't sound disrespectful of the owner unlike the police's press report. Said only uniformed cops are allowed to carry. Uniformed.

Comment

Maybe I'm not just joe on the street . Actually, patrol clears numerous buildings and houses on a daily basis: Burglaries, alarm down calls, etc. We operate in an urban environment everyday. Not every cop is fat and out of shape. Not every cop sits under a shade tree all day.

If you think police should not have some exemptions written into some of the laws feel free to contact your state rep.
                2007 Chevy TBSS

Comment

Originally posted by JamisonFRC View Post
                  Maybe I'm not just joe on the street . Actually, patrol clears numerous buildings and houses on a daily basis: Burglaries, alarm down calls, etc. We operate in an urban environment everyday. Not every cop is fat and out of shape. Not every cop sits under a shade tree all day.

If you think police should not have some exemptions written into some of the laws feel free to contact your state rep.
                  Oh I have. Repeatedly. But as no lawmaker is going to be seen actually making cops responsible to the laws they are supposed to enforce, I'm not hopeful. Until a cop can get the same punishment for lying to a citizen that a citizen can get for lying to a cop, it's not right. Until cops off duty speeding in a city car is cited and has their license removed, it's not right. Until a cop can be held liable for kicking down your door and shooting you or your pet, it's not right.

But what do I know. I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns

Comment

Right, because their press release was professional and was aimed at diffusing the situation between officers in question and the owner of the establishment.
                    Aaaaaaand educating the ignorant public.

It would be a different story if Denny's did have a specification about LEOs not being able to carry.

Comment

(The manager) stated that he had a complaint from another customer about the weapon and she had to take the weapon outside or leave,” he said.

The manager told the detectives that Denny’s only allows officers in uniform to carry weapons. The detectives said that wasn’t going to happen so they got up to leave.

Doesn't sound disrespectful of the owner unlike the police's press report. Said only uniformed cops are allowed to carry. Uniformed.
                      Show me their policy specifying that AND where it was posted at the restaurant.

Comment

Oh I have. Repeatedly. But as no lawmaker is going to be seen actually making cops responsible to the laws they are supposed to enforce, I'm not hopeful. Until a cop can get the same punishment for lying to a citizen that a citizen can get for lying to a cop, it's not right. Until cops off duty speeding in a city car is cited and has their license removed, it's not right. Until a cop can be held liable for kicking down your door and shooting you or your pet, it's not right.

But what do I know. I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns
                        Do you really want that answered? Cops are held liable for more than you think (on and off duty).

Comment

So cops are never fired, never charged or convicted for crimes? I normally side with you on most topics. But your over generalization of cops acting with impunity is over the top.

And you can never have too many guns
                          2007 Chevy TBSS

Comment

Originally posted by JamisonFRC View Post
                            So cops are never fired, never charged or convicted for crimes? I normally side with you on most topics. But your over generalization of cops acting with impunity is over the top.

And you can never have too many guns
                            Guilty until proven innocent, is usually how it goes for LEOs.

Comment

Would you like me to start pulling reports of cops acting illegally and either getting a few days off or nothing happening at all? Hell, a mayor was thrown on the floor with his dogs killed and the cops who did it just went about their day. Or the lady who had cops saw through her door with a chainsaw? Or the numerous reports of cops killing citizen's pets? Or my favorite, the cop who shot a dog, in it's yard, on camera, hosed the area down and wrote it off as a violent dog who attacked him?

Seriously. You tell me what area you would like me to offer to you, pick a crime, and I'll dig up reports.

Comment

Here's the one I mentioned. Shot the dog, as it was dying drug it off the concrete, hosed things off and walked off.

Raul Ayala of Lyman, Nebraska, said he returned home to find his 18-month-old Rottweiler, Bos, pictured, dead in the yard after he had been shot four times by a cop.

Comment

Working...
                                X