Ancient Aliens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancient Aliens

Anybody else watch this program on the History channel? I am absolutely fascinated with this stuff. I'm not totally buying into the idea of ancient visitors. I'm more intrigued that ancient people had more knowledge and capabilities then we give them credit for. I also think the real mystery is how early man obtained the knowledge, and how the knowledge was lost between them and the earliest recorded history. I think something very significant took place in ancient times, and there is a missing link out there that would make our modern technology look like monkey shines.

I love those shows on History, the theories of ancient aliens seem a bit far-fetched but plausible IMO. I'm not sure I completely agree on the theory of aliens helping ancient man but then again it is possible.I just don't like when that old fart Bill (always wears shades or squints when he talks) starts talking because he is so gung ho on aliens that he misses the facts. It is a very interesting show.

Comment

It's interesting, even though I don't really buy in to it.
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Yeah i like the guy with the crazy hair that seems to be in all of the episodes, Giorgio Tsoukalos. He's a trip.

The amount of questions that this show presents really boggles the mind. Like how the hell did they cut, move, and precisely position large granite/quartz stones without the tools, mathematics, or even simple direction needed. We are missing something very important here that early man was very aware of and familiar with. Weather it was johnny spaceman and his anti-gravity machine and laser cutting tools, or a simple more earthly force or process we have yet to wrap our minds around.

Comment

Simple. We get paid to do our jobs today. Back then you worked so you wouldn't be killed. I'm sure any mistakes were taken care of with severe punishments like death. Plus isn't all just basic math they use to figure out all that mumbo jumbo.
          Originally posted by talisman
          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
          Originally posted by AdamLX
          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          Because fuck you, that's why
          Originally posted by 80coupe
          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
          Originally posted by Rick Modena
          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
          Originally posted by Jester
          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

How did they not have mathematics? I guess I haven't seen that episode. The term "geometry" has been around since BC, and who knows how long it was being used before THAT term stuck? I honestly don't think that show gives our ancestors enough credit. No doubt that something happened a long time ago that fucked the world over...I dunno...the ice age? But I think a lot of these people are really reaching for easy answers that aren't "God did it." I mean, why would aliens have been around to guide humans, then just stop?

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
              How did they not have mathematics? I guess I haven't seen that episode. The term "geometry" has been around since BC, and who knows how long it was being used before THAT term stuck? I honestly don't think that show gives our ancestors enough credit. No doubt that something happened a long time ago that fucked the world over...I dunno...the ice age? But I think a lot of these people are really reaching for easy answers that aren't "God did it." I mean, why would aliens have been around to guide humans, then just stop?
              Well not so much geometry but if you think about it, how did they cut stone that is 2nd hardest only to diamond and yet no tools are found at the site. Not only that but how the hell did they hoist those 20 ton boulders? again, no signs of remaining tools. and to your last question can you not say the same thing about god?

not looking for a fight or to argue i'm just hooked on this...

Comment

Originally posted by 06S197GT View Post
                Well not so much geometry but if you think about it, how did they cut stone that is 2nd hardest only to diamond and yet no tools are found at the site. Not only that but how the hell did they hoist those 20 ton boulders? again, no signs of remaining tools. and to your last question can you not say the same thing about god?

not looking for a fight or to argue i'm just hooked on this...
                But this is the theology forum...if we're not gonna fight, what's the point?

Think about it. You might have a construction crew of a few dozen people these days working 8-10 hour days. What if you had a contruction crew of hundreds, or thousands working night and day in shifts? What could be accomplished? No TV or other luxuries. Just work and sleep. Look at what the American industrial revolution accomplished in such a short amount of time. Hell, look at what China is doing right now. Plus, you have to think about all the different industries now compared to then.

I think that it's a combination of manpower and lack of options that let our ancestors do what they did. Which is still, nothing short of amazing.

Comment

Some of the buildings in Peru pre-date the Incas, and some even pre-date those and were constructed by unknown people. We're talking 8-10000 years ago. So we are to think that "cavemen" constructed multiple sites around the planet that correspond to each othere in line, or by right angles. They had to have some sort of math going on but there is absolutely no written record of it.

Then at the end of the most recent episode they throw in a curve ball. Look up Choral Castle in Florida, built by one man in the last century, and it is a total mystery. He said in his journals that he discovered the ancient secrets of anti-gravity. Crazy shit.

Comment

I think that it's a combination of manpower and lack of options that let our ancestors do what they did. Which is still, nothing short of amazing.
                    This was my first conclusion, and a very logical one that i can fall back on. They could have simply spent their entire existence moving, cutting, and building these structures. Thousands upon thousands of people and generation upon generation, moving rocks. I just can't be satisfied with the fact that boredom was there reason for cutting granite, building immense structures, without leaving even one clue of how or why they did it. It takes roughly ten men to move a one ton block. Some of these blocks are in excess of 200 tons, and there are a lot of blocks/structures. So they had several thousand people pulling ropes? Amazing is an understatement. I still think there is knowledge of some kind lost with time that we were meant to obtain from them, but never have.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                      Some of the buildings in Peru pre-date the Incas, and some even pre-date those and were constructed by unknown people. We're talking 8-10000 years ago. So we are to think that "cavemen" constructed multiple sites around the planet that correspond to each othere in line, or by right angles. They had to have some sort of math going on but there is absolutely no written record of it.

Then at the end of the most recent episode they throw in a curve ball. Look up Choral Castle in Florida, built by one man in the last century, and it is a total mystery. He said in his journals that he discovered the ancient secrets of anti-gravity. Crazy shit.
                      I'm sure that North, East, West, or South had anything to do with those alignments. It's hard to form "straight" lines, on a canvas that is a sphere.

As far as Coral Castle goes, this is the first I've heard of it. Supposedly built by one man? A man that claims to have discovered the key to fight gravity? I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that the guy was either lying, or the people promoting it are. To be honest, looking at pics online, the place isn't that impressive looking, so maybe it's a way to attract tourists.

Comment

This was my first conclusion, and a very logical one that i can fall back on. They could have simply spent their entire existence moving, cutting, and building these structures. Thousands upon thousands of people and generation upon generation, moving rocks. I just can't be satisfied with the fact that boredom was there reason for cutting granite, building immense structures, without leaving even one clue of how or why they did it. It takes roughly ten men to move a one ton block. Some of these blocks are in excess of 200 tons, and there are a lot of blocks/structures. So they had several thousand people pulling ropes? Amazing is an understatement. I still think there is knowledge of some kind lost with time that we were meant to obtain from them, but never have.
                        It wasn't done out of boredom. Democracy, and "checks and balances" is a relatively new concept in terms of the age of the earth. Kings, even in written history thought they were gods made flesh and therefore commanded people. What selfish human doesn't want a temple? It's been proven that there were scientists that used astrological events to manipulate the ignorant, uneducated masses. "I'll think, you'll do" was the most likely scenario for ancient civilizations.

Don't get me wrong. I do think that there is alien life out there, and there's always that chance that they are millions of years ahead of us in technology, I just don't think they had anything to do with human advancement.

Comment

I'm sure that North, East, West, or South had anything to do with those alignments. It's hard to form "straight" lines, on a canvas that is a sphere.

As far as Coral Castle goes, this is the first I've heard of it. Supposedly built by one man? A man that claims to have discovered the key to fight gravity? I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that the guy was either lying, or the people promoting it are. To be honest, looking at pics online, the place isn't that impressI've looking, so maybe it's a way to attract tourists.
                          Well maybe, but when you have no record that these people even knew of gravitational fields or polar positions, what the hell did they use? The main question here is what did they know about their physical/geological/astronomical surroundings and where did they learn it? There is no written record of this knowledge and from where it was obtained. I have no doubt they knew far more than we credit them, and the discoveries of the past 2000 years that were documented were probably known thousands of years before but never recorded. Somehow there is an intellectual gap in mankind that can't fully be explained. We definitely still have a lot to learn from our earliest "bored" ancestors.

Yeah first I've heard of it as well. Maybe a revenue tool, but the story behind it is intriguing.

Comment

It wasn't done out of boredom. Democracy, and "checks and balances" is a relatively new concept in terms of the age of the earth. Kings, even in written history thought they were gods made flesh and therefore commanded people. What selfish human doesn't want a temple? It's been proven that there were scientists that used astrological events to manipulate the ignorant, uneducated masses. "I'll think, you'll do" was the most likely scenario for ancient civilizations.

Don't get me wrong. I do think that there is alien life out there, and there's always that chance that they are millions of years ahead of us in technology, I just don't think they had anything to do with human advancement.
                            I follow. They were very manipulative in their actions, a good form of control on the masses. So these were the early social experiments, and testiments to the power of the ruling body.

I don't think aliens influenced our advancement either. I'm just facinated at the actions of these people and the forces at work. Wheather it was some yet untapped knowledge that was lost through time, or simple actions of a feeble civilization to appease the powers that be.

Comment

Well maybe, but when you have no record that these people even knew of gravitational fields or polar positions, what the hell did they use? The main question here is what did they know about their physical/geological/astronomical surroundings and where did they learn it? There is no written record of this knowledge and from where it was obtained. I have no doubt they knew far more than we credit them, and the discoveries of the past 2000 years that were documented were probably known thousands of years before but never recorded. Somehow there is an intellectual gap in mankind that can't fully be explained. We definitely still have a lot to learn from our earliest "bored" ancestors.

Yeah first I've heard of it as well. Maybe a revenue tool, but the story behind it is intriguing.
                              How did man learn how to make computers, cars, etc? I don't think you quite get the difference between a genius mind, and a normal guy like you or me. Schools these days make it sound like every kid is gifted, but obviously that's not the case. I have a couple of friends that one double majored in bio-chemistry and some other science, and another triple majored in biochemistry, foreign languages, and something else...not sure, but graduated in four years. One is really hard to talk to because he doesn't know how to dumb things down for normal people, the other guy you can talk to and at first, he'll say something technically, but then you just gotta tell him, "I don't know what you're saying." And he can dumb it down so much that a kid could understand it.

The human mind is fucking insane. You have people with physical abilities that are unfathomable, then you have people that can send people to the moon based on mathematical equations. Unfortunately 99.99999999%(random figure) fall somewhere in between.

EDIT: Giving credit to aliens is no different than giving credit to some omniscient being that made the world in seven days. I don't think that both give the mind enough credit.

Comment

Working...
                              X