X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gov Christie and the NRA

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/c...-politics.html

Christie: NRA ad with Obama daughters ‘reprehensible’

Blunt-speaking New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, thought to be eyeing a 2016 run for the Republican presidential nomination, blasted an NRA ad that mentions President Barack Obama's daughters as "reprehensible" and warned it "demeans" the powerful gun-rights group.

"To talk about the president’s children, or any public officer’s children, who have—not by their own choice, but by requirement—to have protection, and to use that somehow to try to make a political point is reprehensible," Christie said.

"The president doesn’t have a choice, and his children don’t have a choice, of whether they’re going to be protected or not," the governor said. "It’s awful to bring public figures' children into the political debate. They don’t deserve to be there."

He added that "for any of us who are public figures, you see that kind of ad, and you cringe, you cringe."

Christie's remarks are unlikely to endear him to those conservatives he already annoyed by praising Obama for the federal government's response to superstorm Sandy. But the NRA ad—which could either be about the Obama daughters' Secret Service protection or the armed guards at their posh D.C. private school—has drawn sharp criticisms for bringing the girls into a debate about gun violence. The NRA has said it's a legitimate criticism of Obama, who has expressed skepticism about the organization's call for armed guards in schools in the aftermath of the school shooting in Newtown, Conn.

"They’ve got real issues to debate on this topic. Get to the real issues. Don’t be dragging people’s children into this, it’s wrong, and I think it demeans them and it makes them less of a valid, trusted source of information on the real issues," Christie said.

The governor made it clear that, if he decides to run in 2016, his kids won't have much of a say in the decision.

"My children had no choice, realistically, in what I decided to do with my career and what effect that’s had on their lives, in making them somewhat public figures, and making them subject to protection from the executive protection unit," he said. "My kids don’t have a choice about that.

"My children had no choice that I wanted to run for governor. I mean, I pretended that they did, I asked them what they thought. But in the end they had absolutely no choice in whether I ran for governor or not," he said, to chuckles from his audience.

"They knew that, by the way, when I was asking them, which is why they didn’t spend a whole lot of time answering," he quipped.

"Don't be dragging people's children into this"

Isn't that what the messiah has been doing?

Comment

Christie = King RINO

Comment

Fuck Christie, the commercial makes a valid point.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I've been leery of that fat bastard since he was caught spooning with Barry on the Jersey shore after the hurricane. Piss on him (and most yankee rhino's).

Comment

Christie will not get my vote if he runs in 16. Period. He is done as far as I'm concerned.
            www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Do as we say, not as we do.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

He (Christie) has a point about avoiding bringing political families into the mix, but where he is off base is that Obama's legislation brings MY family into it. What makes Obama so special that only his family can be shielded from violence? The morons of this country voted for him, not his family. They aren't important (hypothetically speaking from the political protection standpoint)
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Yeah, mentioned it in another thread - my children/we don't have a choice about all the criminals either.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

fuck that sell-out piece of shit
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                      fuck that sell-out piece of shit
                      Pretty much. He needs to keep power eating his way to a heart attack.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                        He (Christie) has a point about avoiding bringing political families into the mix, but where he is off base is that Obama's legislation brings MY family into it. What makes Obama so special that only his family can be shielded from violence? The morons of this country voted for him, not his family. They aren't important (hypothetically speaking from the political protection standpoint)
                        How do you show that it's hypocritical for him to laugh at the NRA's suggestion to put armed guards at every school without pointing out that his kids go to a school that's protected by armed guards? How do you show that it's hypocritical for him to want to take away our "assault weapons" and high-capacity magazines when he and his family are protected by them?
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Many of you were calling for him to run for President. My how the pendulum has swung the other way.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            Many of you were calling for him to run for President. My how the pendulum has swung the other way.
                            Because he has. This is why those assholes need to be vetted for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                              How do you show that it's hypocritical for him to laugh at the NRA's suggestion to put armed guards at every school without pointing out that his kids go to a school that's protected by armed guards? How do you show that it's hypocritical for him to want to take away our "assault weapons" and high-capacity magazines when he and his family are protected by them?
                              My point is the same as yours, i felt I conveyed that by saying "He (Christie) has a point about avoiding bringing political families into the mix, but where he is off base is that Obama's legislation brings MY family into it."

basically, Obama's position and Christie's chiding of the NRA's ad effectively portray themselves as saying "our family is worth more than yours". Maybe that makes a bit more sense.
                              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                              dont downshift!!
                              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Working...
                              X