More dumbassery from Chicago...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More dumbassery from Chicago...

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel is putting more pressure on gun makers to get behind his push for an assault weapons ban and criminal background checks for gun purchasers.

CHICAGO (CBS) —Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel is putting more pressure on gun makers to get behind his push for an assault weapons ban and criminal background checks for gun purchasers.

This time, he wants to go after their bottom line.

Emanuel is pushing two major financial institutions to stop their financial backing of gun makers, unless those companies support “commonsense reforms, including requiring criminal background checks on all gun sales.”

The mayor is urging that banks to stop lines of credit, financing for acquisitions and expansions and financial advising.

In a letter sent Friday to the CEOs of Bank Of America and TD Bank, Emanuel said: “In the past, the gun industry has stood in opposition to these safety measures. They opposed a ban on assault weapons on America’s streets, opposed a ban on military-style clips, opposed a criminal background check on all gun purchases and opposed any effort to crack down on criminal gun traffickers.”

In the letter, Emanuel says TD Bank offers a $60 million line of credit to Smith & Wesson, which produces the AR-15. That is the weapon used by James Holmes in the Aurora, Colo., theater massacre that killed 12 people. Emanuel wrote.

Emanuel told CEO Bharat Masrani “to use your influence to push this company to find common ground” on an assault weapons ban and gun background checks.

In a separate letter, Emanuel urged Bank Of America CEO Brian T. Moynihan to do the same thing with Sturm, Ruger & Co., which has a $25 million line of credit with the bank.

“Collectively we can send a clear and unambiguous message to the entire gun industry that investors will no longer financially support companies that support gun violence,” Emanuel wrote.

Last week, Emanuel ordered a portfolio analysis from the five pension and retirement funds for Chicago employees to determine if fund managers hold financial interests in companies that manufacture or sell assault weapons.

This week, the Chicago Municipal Employees Annuity and Benefit Fund (MEABF) board voted to divest more than $1 million from three companies that manufacture assault weapons – Freedom Group, Smith and Wesson and Sturm Ruger.

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2
    "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

lmao...banks are here to make money

Comment

The politics in that city make me sick. Love the city, just hate the mindset of the ruling class.

Comment

Like the bank is gonna let that money go.
        Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post
          ...military-style clips...
          LMAO!
          Smith & Wesson, which produces the AR-15.
          LOL!
          Emanuel told CEO Bharat Masrani “to use your influence to push this company to find common ground” on an assault weapons ban and gun background checks.
          And LMFAO! "Common ground on an assault weapons ban"? There's no room for compromised; gun rights have already been compromised enough. We're on the "common ground."
          “Collectively we can send a clear and unambiguous message to the entire gun industry that investors will no longer financially support companies that support gun violence,” Emanuel wrote.
          LOLz. "They support the killing of innocent babies!"
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Yep people are really this dumb...

Comment

Maybe he needs to read the news. Gun manufactures are printing their own money right now. I bet the products are still hot from the mills when they hit the customers hands in the gun store right now.
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                Maybe he needs to read the news. Gun manufactures are printing their own money right now. I bet the products are still hot from the mills when they hit the customers hands in the gun store right now.
                Yep, they have a lot of orders to fill.

If I were these companies I would pack up and leave. Come to Texas we would have open arms for these companies.
                http://DallasGunTrader.com

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                  lmao...banks are here to make money
                  Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
                  Like the bank is gonna let that money go.
                  BOA has already proven that they are very anti gun, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they play ball for the mayor.

First example

My name is Joe Sirochman owner of American Spirit Arms and I wanted to share my recent experience with Bank of America .(which we have been doing business with for over 10 years)…. Everyone is familiar with the latest increase in guns sales , dealers selling out of inventory , Manufacturers back logged for months , large revenue all generated in the last two weeks …. American Spirit Arms is no exception to the overwhelming demand . What we have experienced is that our web site orders have jumped 500 % causing our web site E commerce processing larger Deposits to BANK OF AMERICA ..Well, this through up a huge RED Flag with Bank of America . So they decided to hold the deposits for further review , meaning that the orders/payments that were coming in through the web ,( being paid by the customer and that were shipped out by American Spirit Arms ),the BANK was keeping (UNDER REVIEW )..as you could imagine this made me furious…After countless hours on the phone with BANK OF AMERICA I finally got a Manager in the right department that told me the reason that the deposits were on hold for FURTHER REVIEW …HER EXACT WORDS WERE …
                  ..” WE BELIEVE YOU SHOULD NOT BE SELLING GUNS and PARTS ON THE INTERNET “
                  …I flipped the F**k Out and told them that they have no right to make up their own new rules and regs..that we are a firearms Manufacturer with all the proper licensing FFL (Federal Firearm license ), SOT and that we follow all Federal and All
                  States’ rules and regulations on shipping Firearms and parts ..and that we are also Audited by ATF and Homeland
                  Security on a regular basis … She said that she understands that but that the deposits will be released After they have a
                  Chance to review and clear them …I told her that This was unacceptable and the those deposits (that were a week old by now ) needed to be released ASAP, that we are a small business and rely on the revenue to run and stay operational.
                  After that being said another Manager got involved and released one of the deposits (to help out )… So far to date after
                  Two weeks of sales only 1/3 of collected internet sales have been released ..I am still pissed and looking for another
                  Bank and options …
                  I just thought the public should know ..

I will keep everyone posted on new developments ..

Sincerely

Joseph P Sirochman
                  American Spirit Arms
                  16001 N Greenway Hayden Loop
                  Suite B
                  Scottsdale AZ 85260
                  480-367-9540 phone
                  480-367-9541 fax

second example

McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years. Today Mr. Ray Fox, Senior Vice President, Market Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking came to my office. He scheduled the meeting as an “account analysis” meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them. He spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and have become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.
                  At this point I interrupted him and asked “Can I possible save you some time so that you don’t waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer what my business.”
                  “That is correct” he says.
                  I replied “That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a 2nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won’t mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone one I know that BofA is not firearms industry friendly?”
                  “You have to do what you must” he said.
                  “So you are telling me this is a politically motivated decision, is that right?”
                  Mr Fox confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing left for him to say.

Comment

Those gun companies should move to pro gun states. I'd love to have S&W and Colt in Texas
                    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                    X