Where Oh Where Are the Paulbots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
    And this is where you wonder if someone with PTSD should have a gun or not. The crazy shit you just spewed out saying you wonder if you should go back to killing people because Ron Paul said something dumb. You are a perfect example of why you question "is this really a good idea?" when handing a loaded gun to someone with PTSD.

This will be VERY controversial, but when you take up brotherhood and the oath to defend each other, that everyone is your family, and that it goes back to the beginning of the republic, you wonder why this is ok, but crazy terrorist shit is not. Islamists are defending their beliefs while Western culture tries to dictate our values and our ways upon others. If you take your mentality that everyone that swears an oath to each other makes them family, what about God? According to the bible, all men and women are brothers and sisters.

My take on life is we are who we are. You are not better than me, nor better than anyone else, and I would say the same about others to you. They are not better than you. To take a belief of brotherhood to the extreme of defending and killing others based on something the military burned into your mind is asinine. Hope you felt the same way about your brother Nidal Hasan

I was using a metaphor. If you like, I'll be glad to explain what it is. If you think I go to war with a sword and shield...I've got nothing.

I have never claimed to be better than anyone. I have said repeatedly I'm not. I'm deeply flawed, damaged and stay away from people because I've seen just what people are capable of. To take a belief of brotherhood based on a sense of duty, honor and a willingness to sacrifice your life for the Republic is logical. If you do not bond at this level with your team mates, your battle buddy especially, you will stop in a firefight. You absolutely have to know he has your back and you have his. He has to know if he is caught that you'll come for him no matter the cost. That's family. If you call that asinine it's because you've never bonded like that.

I pray you never have to. Hasan? Hasan killed his family. There's one punishment there, just as it is here. Rapid execution. With the bond comes punishment. It's how it works
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
    X