No announcement yet.

Evidently, you CAN push someone too far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This dude is a coward and attacked and murdered people under his delusional agenda. He is a domestic terrorist and will delt with accordingly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
      The Rampart scandal refers to widespread corruption in the Community Resources Against Street Hoodlums (or CRASH) anti-gang unit of the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) Rampart Division in the late 1990s. More than 70 police officers either assigned to or associated with the Rampart CRASH unit were implicated in some form of misconduct, making it one of the most widespread cases of documented police misconduct in United States history. The convicted offenses include unprovoked shootings, unprovoked beatings, planting of false evidence, framing of suspects, stealing and dealing narcotics, bank robbery, perjury, and the covering up of evidence of these activities.[1]

The New Rampart Police Station
      The Rampart Scandal is notable in popular culture because at least three LAPD officers implicated in the scandal were found to be on the payroll of hip-hop mogul Marion "Suge" Knight of Death Row Records, a convicted felon with known ties to the Bloods street gang. Moreover, LAPD investigators alleged Rampart CRASH officers Nino Durden, Rafael Pérez and David Mack were involved in the 1997 drive-by murder of recording artist Notorious B.I.G..[2]

The Rampart investigation, based mainly on statements of the admitted corrupt officer (Pérez), initially implicated over 70 officers of wrongdoing. Of those officers, enough evidence was found to bring 58 before an internal administrative board. However, of the officers named by Pérez, only 24 were actually found to have committed any wrongdoing, with 12 given suspensions of various lengths, 7 forced to resign or retire, and 5 fired.[3] As a result of the probe into falsified evidence and police perjury, 106 prior criminal convictions were overturned.[4] The Rampart Scandal resulted in more than 140 civil lawsuits against the city of Los Angeles, costing the city an estimated $125 million in settlements.[5]

Partly as a result of the scandal, Police Chief Bernard Parks was not rehired by Mayor James K. Hahn in 2001. Both the scandal and the de facto firing of Parks are believed to have precipitated Mayor Hahn's defeat by Antonio Villaraigosa in the 2005 election.[6]

As of 2013 the full extent of Rampart corruption is not known, with several rape, murder and robbery investigations involving Rampart officers remaining unsolved.[7][8]
      The LAPD was ruled an ongoing criminal organization in federal court because of the CRASH units. The law of the land as it currently stands allows EVERY member of the LAPD to be prosecuted under the RICO laws the same way we go after mob figures.

Originally posted by Stanger View Post
      Yall think im crazy but even I think he should not have gone after the families. What did they do wrong. Just should have targeted his enemies and left it at that.
      War is an extension of politics. Going after the families is a time proven tactic and an extremely effective one. Anyone who is not willing to attack the families of combatants/enemies is not truly committed to what they are doing.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by Binky View Post
        Wow. Just fucking wow.

Edit: if the measure of my resolve as an American to defend my country and the Constitution is to be willing, or to allow, the murder of innocent people - you can go fuck yourself.

According to you, if they say "i'll make them pay" or "maybe now they'll listen" suddenly their crimes have merit? There is no honor here. He is no "dark knight" hero.

The killing of the daughter of the retired LAPD captain and her fiancee was nothing more than cold blooded murder. It wasn't political. It wasn't making a statement against oppression. It had nothing to do with exposing corruption. It wasn't collateral damage. It was his first strike. It was murder plain and simple.

Just because he wrote a "manifesto" doesn't make it right. The Unabomber did the same thing - do you not support his fight against the system?
        So you'd agree with me. He would have merit if it were not for the whole family thing. You have to ask yourself, at what point do you stand up for justice? When have they gone too far? Personally, if I were him, I would have just accepted being fired by a bunch of scumbag crooks and felt like I was better off. Perhaps pursue a different career entirely, or get another job doing the same thing, somewhere better. His first mistake was going to work for the LAPD and thinking that everything was going to be kosher. But even then, you have to think that at some point, a group like that IS going to anger the wrong man, and he's not going to take it.

I look to the founding fathers on most stuff like this. Did they decide that it wasn't worth killing over? Did they decide that some gaggle of essentially evil fuckwads was just going to get to push them around forever? Or did they decide that enough was enough?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger View Post
          So you'd agree with me. He would have merit if it were not for the whole family thing. You have to ask yourself, at what point do you stand up for justice? When have they gone too far?
          No, i don't agree with you. I don't think he is in the right at all.

Is it because he's attacking "authority"? Is it because the targets are cops? Is that where the apathy comes from?

What if he wasn't a cop? Just some average guy who works at Wal-Mart. He gets fired and decides to kill everyone (and their families) that he percieves has done him wrong.

He goes out, kills the daughter and boyfriend of a manager that left the company years ago. Then he goes and ambushes a few store employees and shoots up their car while they are at work.

No WalMart employee or their family will be safe until they apologize.

But that's stupid right? He's fighting "The System".

Fuck that.

Comment

• Well that isn't exactly analogous. At walmart, he could simply file a lawsuit. Ever tried filing a lawsuit against any government entity? To do it against the LAPD, he's basically doing it against the City of LA. Point is, unlike Walmart would have, they've got all the power, and their attitude is piss on anyone who doesn't like the way they do things. After all, what are you gonna do? Sue them? Good luck with that. Even if he could afford all the costs of such and endeavor, they'd have made sure he lost anyway.

Comment

• Nah, its spot on. Only thing thats changed is the occupation. I also like that part where you assume everything that a lunatic thats murdered 3 people has said....was 100% true.

As for "sue wal-mart". Theyve got lawyers for their lawyers. Only thing getting through their legal shield is a massive class action suit. Got a better chance suing LAPD.

Comment

Nah, its spot on. Only thing thats changed is the occupation. I also like that part where you assume everything that a lunatic thats murdered 3 people has said....was 100% true.

As for "sue wal-mart". Theyve got lawyers for their lawyers. Only thing getting through their legal shield is a massive class action suit. Got a better chance suing LAPD.
                Not that I agree with killing people.

But I wouldn't say it is spot on.

Have walmart employees been kicking the shit out of customers for no reason? Or killing customers over mistaken identity and then covered up by the manager?

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                  Not that I agree with killing people.

But I wouldn't say it is spot on.

Have walmart employees been kicking the shit out of customers for no reason? Or killing customers over mistaken identity and then covered up by the manager?
                  Haha, wal-mart has its detractors and accusors that its done its fair share of evil things. Its an analogy, live with it.

Comment

Nah, its spot on. Only thing thats changed is the occupation. I also like that part where you assume everything that a lunatic thats murdered 3 people has said....was 100% true.

Walmart is well known for settling out of court to keep their name from being dragged through the gutter. As that LAPD spokesman said, they're not even going to consider admitting they were wrong. But this is all just par for the course for just about any government entity, that isn't small town. We're always right, you're always wrong, and there is nothing you can do about it. Well, turns out, there is something you can do about it. They're getting a taste of it and they don't like it one bit.

Comment

• And that's where i draw the line. I'm not going to go shoot up my company or government office because i've been "wronged". That's not an option when I get a speeding ticket. Hrrrm, deferred, defensive driving or shoot the lady at the dmv.... Decisions, decisions.

Its like people suggesting that people in congress be shot for their anti____ stance (anti gun, antiwar, anti abortion, etc). Its a sick society that considers assasination and murder as a means to an end. (don't even bother with US military/foreign policy - im talking about American on American violence). Everyone is all up in arms about the Feds drawing up plans and ROE for killing an american citizen...but your response when a citizen kills a cop and two young adults is "Go Christopher!"? Sick.

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Go Christopher. The people in charge could have done the right thing, but they chose to destroy your life. Now, go destroy theirs.
                      People have a fascination with killing someone (or something in case of a company, entity, or government) who doesn't agree with them or that has wronged them in some form. I find that disturbing.
                      Last edited by Binky; 02-09-2013, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger View Post
                        So you'd agree with me. He would have merit if it were not for the whole family thing. You have to ask yourself, at what point do you stand up for justice? When have they gone too far? Personally, if I were him, I would have just accepted being fired by a bunch of scumbag crooks and felt like I was better off. Perhaps pursue a different career entirely, or get another job doing the same thing, somewhere better. His first mistake was going to work for the LAPD and thinking that everything was going to be kosher. But even then, you have to think that at some point, a group like that IS going to anger the wrong man, and he's not going to take it.

I look to the founding fathers on most stuff like this. Did they decide that it wasn't worth killing over? Did they decide that some gaggle of essentially evil fuckwads was just going to get to push them around forever? Or did they decide that enough was enough?
                        This is exactly what was going through my mind while reading through this thread. Not only the founding fathers, but what if no one from the U.S. went over to fight Hitler? Where would we be if no one fought back against him? The Jews didn't fight back and look what happened to them eventually.

Comment

• Originally posted by gnturboray View Post
                          This dude is a coward and attacked and murdered people under his delusional agenda. He is a domestic terrorist and will delt with accordingly.
                          It's really that simple.

Comment

• Plain and simple, the dude is a damn murderer. I do not see any real justification for his actions. He deserves no quarter from anyone on this board.

However, you can definitely sense frustration from many members of this board. I think the LAPD is finding few sympathizers in this drama. That lack of support is of their own doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                              Do you know what his career was like? Who he drew or fired upon while on duty? That's crap and it's not his call to start killing those who he feels are guilty. You are smarter than this.
                              This isn't an answer. If he's a domestic terrorist, what are the officers who have injured more people than he has? Strictly from a definition standpoint because I want to make sure we're discussing this with a similar understanding of terms
                              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

No, i don't agree with you. I don't think he is in the right at all.

Is it because he's attacking "authority"? Is it because the targets are cops? Is that where the apathy comes from?

What if he wasn't a cop? Just some average guy who works at Wal-Mart. He gets fired and decides to kill everyone (and their families) that he percieves has done him wrong.

He goes out, kills the daughter and boyfriend of a manager that left the company years ago. Then he goes and ambushes a few store employees and shoots up their car while they are at work.

No WalMart employee or their family will be safe until they apologize.

But that's stupid right? He's fighting "The System".

Fuck that.
                                You may have a point if in interest of protecting their own, Walmart employees started shooting anyone driving around in a truck and arresting random people who are working out in a gym. And they did that while exercising their power with full air and ground support, completely paid for by taxpayers. Yeah, I'm not seeing how this can be compared to Walmart.
                                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                                X