Evidently, you CAN push someone too far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
    Like you, I have no fist hand knowledge of his career or who he may have been in confrontations with. Therefore I am not going to try and argue with a crap statement about how many innocents have been killed. You really this dense or are you grasping?
    Neither. I am using information provided to make a statement that is backed up by the information I have. You say it's a crap statement yet offer no conflicting information. The issue is, you're having an emotional response because these are cops shooting citizens. If it was anyone else you would be agreeing with me.

My statement: Police in pursuit of Dorner have shot 2 trucks, actively shot one woman in the hand and another in the back twice. They also, prior to shooting the second truck, slammed into the rear of it with their squad so hard it ripped the back axle off. These people were not ordered out of their vehicles nor were guilty of any crime. The police in question also arrested a man working out because they 'thought' it was Dorner and then took 30 minutes to figure out he's not Dorner.

Dorner on the other hand has shot the daughter of the chief of police and her fiance', killing them both. Everyone else he's shot were in uniform and part of the police department.

Do you have any information that would prove me wrong? In this instance I'm drinking in all the information I can get my hands on. I look forward to you assisting me in staying abreast of this
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Originally posted by Binky View Post
      People have a fascination with killing someone (or something in case of a company, entity, or government) who doesn't agree with them or that has wronged them in some form. I find that disturbing.
      There comes a point where its the only answer. You may perceive that people just jump to it as an answer, but I don't. I think that in this man's mind, he'd exhausted all options. He perceived a dire wrong that was never going to be rectified, ever. This ate at him so much he couldn't take it anymore. His core beliefs of equality and justice had been trampled and shit on, even if only in his mind. Now if all that were completely real, then I'd have to say that he's in the right. Although looking at the manifesto, it would appear that much of it may be a construct of his own mind that he should have just blown off.

He could have raked them over the coals in another way using evidence and the media if he'd wanted, and had a real case. Then again, its not like that would have changed anything. We're dealing with a government entity that refuses to change and insists its right. Last I heard that's called tyranny. Just my .02

Comment

• "Any single man must judge for himself whether circumstances warrant obedience or resistance to the commands of the civil magistrate; we are all qualified, entitled, and morally obliged to evaluate the conduct of our rulers. This political judgment, moreover, is not simply or primarily a right, but like self-preservation, a duty to God. As such it is a judgment that men cannot part with according to the God of Nature. It is the first and foremost of our inalienable rights without which we can preserve no other."
        John Locke (1632-1704) English philosopher and political theorist

Comment

• I see they have now put out a $1 million bounty on him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
            I see they have now put out a $1 million bounty on him.
            LOL! I guess they are going to write you an IOU? Like they can afford to pay that out.

Comment

• The mayor announced it earlier, so we'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                Neither. I am using information provided to make a statement that is backed up by the information I have.
                You said:
                Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                Actually, he's shot fewer innocents than the police.
                The statement you now make specifies you are only referencing the current situation unlike the generic statement above. The above reads like you are saying he has shot fewer innocents period, past or present.

Comment

• And out of that million you hand 60% to the fed and state so you may clear 400k before you see a dime.

Comment

You said:

The statement you now make specifies you are only referencing the current situation unlike the generic statement above. The above reads like you are saying he has shot fewer innocents period, past or present.
                    I thought it was clear we were referring to an apples vs apples comparison during the same time frame. If you would like to extend the time frame to the entire period of time he was in the police department, I am still willing to make the claim. I can provide reports and stats. What do you have?

Set your time frame in which you would like to discuss. From the day he started on the force to today him vs the LAPD or since the man hunt started? I am willing to do either. Keep in mind, I can back up my statements and you have yet to provide any conflicting information

Comment

• I've already told you I do not have any information and am not trying to justify his actions compared to others in the LAPD. Please supply reports and stats throughout his entire career.

Comment

Like you, I have no fist hand knowledge of his career or who he may have been in confrontations with. Therefore I am not going to try and argue with a crap statement about how many innocents have been killed. You really this dense or are you grasping?
                        I'm pretty sure that if he had left a trail of dead behind him in his cop days we would have heard about it by now. How else could your argument be valid?
                        www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

• I am using google. Evidently in November they shot a handcuffed man and that was just a quick search. There's thousands of reports. Find me some of Dorner shooting any citizens outside of the two mentioned.

In the incident, officers were in the process of frisking and handcuffing several men they had stopped for questioning, when one of them bolted. As the officers pursued him, the other men fled as well. One suspect, who had been handcuffed with his hands behind his back, attempted to hide under an SUV.

Other officers arriving on the scene found the man and pulled him out from beneath the vehicle by his ankles. Saying they saw something metallic in his hands that they believed was a gun, the officers opened fire. The man, who was lying on his stomach, was hit once in the lower back and wounded critically. Police have not released the man's identity.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikec View Post
                            I'm pretty sure that if he had left a trail of dead behind him in his cop days we would have heard about it by now. How else could your argument be valid?
                            Exactly, it'd have been blown across the news to make the LAPD look better hunting him

Comment

• Originally posted by mikec View Post
                              I'm curious to know if there have been any instances that are on record of him mistakenly shooting a person or persons. Do you think if that were to happen there would be a paper trail? The LAPD?

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                              Find me some of Dorner shooting any citizens outside of the two mentioned.
                              So basically if you cannot find a report in google regarding Dorner then he must be as pure as the driven snow. Got it.

Comment

• Here's one where they shot someone 90 times on the freeway because he was running.

Comment

Working...
                                X