Bloomberg at it again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloomberg at it again

Fresh off a victory over 32-oz soft drink containers, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg reportedly hopes to tell residents of the Big Apple how to use their earphones.

Fresh off a victory over 32-oz soft drink containers, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg reportedly hopes to tell residents of the Big Apple how to use their earphones.

The New York Post reported Wednesday that New York City "health officials are planning a social-media campaign to warn young people about the risk of losing their hearing from listening to music at high volume on personal MP3 players."

Nancy Clark, assistant commissioner of environmental-disease prevention at the New York City Health Department told the Post that “[w]ith public and private support, a public-education campaign is being developed to raise awareness about safe use of personal music players... and risks of loud and long listening.”

The City of New York is spending $250,000 to deliver the message of the Hearing Loss Prevention Media Campaign to teenagers and young adults through focus-group interviews, Twitter, and Facebook. The message, presumably, is that playing loud music in one's headphones for too long could permanently damage that individual's hearing.

Mayor Bloomberg remains unpopular in many areas of the city that were hit hard by Hurricane Sandy in fall os 2012. The city's relief efforts were considered poor at best, and the mayor's insistence that the New York City Marathon must go on several days after the hurricane hit left many residents appalled. Though Bloomberg finally relented and cancelled the marathon, the power generators and supplies that were supposed to be diverted from Manhattan to outlying areas did not arrive at their new destinations in a timely manner.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Orwell lives...
    Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Meh. It's actually a moderately valid cause, and while I think it's a waste of $235,000 of taxpayer funds, I'm not an NYC taxpayer so I don't really care. He can do what he wants so long as it isn't infringing upon civil liberties. Warning of the risk isn't "telling" you how to use your headphones. Don't be intentionally thick, Frosty.

Comment

who wrote this article? They really had to add the [w] to "ith"? There is no assumption that there was a W...the motherfucker cant listen to the speaker apparently.

Comment

"Man, Bloomberg is fuckin up!" - Dave chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
            who wrote this article? They really had to add the [w] to "ith"? There is no assumption that there was a W...the motherfer cant listen to the speaker apparently.
            It was the first word in the sentence.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
              Meh. It's actually a moderately valid cause, and while I think it's a waste of $235,000 of taxpayer funds, I'm not an NYC taxpayer so I don't really care. He can do what he wants so long as it isn't infringing upon civil liberties. Warning of the risk isn't "telling" you how to use your headphones. Don't be intentionally thick, Frosty.
              I'm not. He didn't start out with a coke ban, a gun ban or any other ban. He started out with warning how bad it was and then worked his way up.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                I'm not. He didn't start out with a coke ban, a gun ban or any other ban. He started out with warning how bad it was and then worked his way up.
                There's enough double speak in your post and the Breitbart article to fill both representative chambers in DC.

Comment

Government is Mother
                  Government is Father

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                    There's enough double speak in your post and the Breitbart article to fill both representative chambers in DC.
                    Not really. He never starts out calling for a ban of anything. Before you do that, you have to demonize and get the public on your side and then call for a ban. Did this to Styrofoam, plastic bags, cokes, salt, trans fat, guns and ammo. This is level one for this ban. You start with talking about how bad and dangerous it is, give it time, and then push for a ban.

Comment

^^^Seems to be the S.O.P. for this S.O.B.

Comment

Wonder whose "Brother In Law" owns the ad agency that is going to make the commercials ? God ain't it great !

Comment

Just heard today that 80% of NYC's public school grads are illiterate. They spend almost $20k PER KID a year! Please don't try to convince me that throwing money at public education will get the desired results.

How do you think they will vote when they reach the age to do so?

Comment

Working...
                          X