Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bloomberg Worried About Private Jet Owners Using New York City Homeless Shelters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloomberg Worried About Private Jet Owners Using New York City Homeless Shelters

New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg expressed concern that private jet owners could clog up the city's homeless shelters.
    Mayor Michael Bloomberg

“You can arrive in your private jet at Kennedy Airport, take a private limousine and go straight to the shelter system, walk in the door, and we’ve got to give you shelter,” Bloomberg said, speaking on the radio.

“That’s what the law is. I didn’t write the law,” Bloomberg added.

The New York Post claims he was referring to a law related to homeless shelters signed by Ed Koch. "He was referring to a decree signed by Mayor Ed Koch 30 years ago that gives free shelter to anyone who says they need it," reports the Post.

"Bloomberg’s comments came the week that an advocacy group for the homeless released a report saying the city’s homeless population surged in the past year."

Bloomberg is the 13th richest man in the world, Gothamist.com notes. "Forbes has its latest figures for the world's richest people, and our very own Mayor Bloomberg is number 13, with an estimated net worth of $27 billion."

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

This asshole has gone full retard.

Comment

Everyone knows free beds are the best beds.

Comment

millionaires are also allowed to get welfare checks as it has been done many times. bloomberg is a clown and anyone who lives in his state and doesnt leave will have to deal with whatever off the wall crap the guy comes up with.

Comment

Yeah, this guy is living in total fairyland.
          Ford
          GM
          Toyota
          VAG

Comment

I just don't like that guy.

SOOOOO fuckin stupid.

Comment

Why the heck would an OWNER of a private jet WANT to stay in a homeless shelter? Are they that cheap?
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

He must have done it himself or recommend it at one time. It usually takes someone to have done it before to come out and talk about it.

One way to get rich - is to be cheap so I wouldn't be suprised if that was the case.

Comment

Because people with money > poor people.

Comment

Must be mad a judge struck down his large sugary drink ban.
                    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                      Bloomberg is the 13th richest man in the world, Gothamist.com notes. "Forbes has its latest figures for the world's richest people, and our very own Mayor Bloomberg is number 13, with an estimated net worth of $27 billion."
                      Hole-eee-shit. That's irony right there.

Comment

Homeless shelter scabies FTW!

Comment

Bloomberg and North Korea need to get together and start making films.

Stevo
                          Originally posted by SSMAN
                          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I mentioned in an earlier thread about at some point, you have to look at Bloomberg and say nope. time to have his head examined. This would be that point! LOL! the reason he is even bringing it up is because his CRAZY ass has thought about doing it himself. Time to have his ass committed to Bellvue!

Comment

Did he inherit that money? How can somebody that fucking stupid that isn't a pop/hip hop star have so much money?
                              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Working...
                              X