Anti gunner's hubby buys AR 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti gunner's hubby buys AR 15

Mark E. Kelly, gun-control proponent and husband to former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords, recently purchased an AR-15 (an "assault weapon," he called it)—which he now says he intended as an illustration of the need for more stringent gun laws.

Kelly reportedly bought the AR-15 and a 1911-style semi-automatic pistol at Diamondback Police Supply in Tucson, Arizona.

Various sources contacted Breitbart News once Kelly made the purchase, and after we began investigating the details surrounding the purchase, Kelly announced on his Facebook that he was not going to keep the AR-15, which he has yet to pick up from the store.

Days after making the purchases, Kelly wrote on Facebook:

I just had a background check a few days ago when I went to my local gun store to buy a .45. As I was leaving, I noticed a used AR-15. Bought that too. Even to buy an assault weapon, the background check only takes a matter of minutes. I don't have possession of it yet but I'll be turning it over to the Tucson PD when I do.

In February, Kelly told Fox News Sunday's Chris Wallace that lawmakers need to address "assault weapons." He said the purpose of an "assault weapon" is "to kill a lot of people very quickly," and he lamented that such products were "too readily available."

Kelly has not commented on whether he will also return the .45 caliber semi-automatic pistol he purchased.

Mark E. Kelly, gun-control proponent and husband to former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords, recently purchased an AR-15 (an
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    Mark E. Kelly, gun-control proponent and husband to former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords, recently purchased an AR-15 (an "assault weapon," he called it)—which he now says he intended as an illustration of the need for more stringent gun laws.

Kelly reportedly bought the AR-15 and a 1911-style semi-automatic pistol at Diamondback Police Supply in Tucson, Arizona.

Various sources contacted Breitbart News once Kelly made the purchase, and after we began investigating the details surrounding the purchase, Kelly announced on his Facebook that he was not going to keep the AR-15, which he has yet to pick up from the store.

Days after making the purchases, Kelly wrote on Facebook:

I just had a background check a few days ago when I went to my local gun store to buy a .45. As I was leaving, I noticed a used AR-15. Bought that too. Even to buy an assault weapon, the background check only takes a matter of minutes. I don't have possession of it yet but I'll be turning it over to the Tucson PD when I do.

In February, Kelly told Fox News Sunday's Chris Wallace that lawmakers need to address "assault weapons." He said the purpose of an "assault weapon" is "to kill a lot of people very quickly," and he lamented that such products were "too readily available."

Kelly has not commented on whether he will also return the .45 caliber semi-automatic pistol he purchased.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...News-Leaks-Out
    Does he have a bad record? Did the NICS work or not work? And he still doesn't have the rifle, so how is the system failing?

How is this a bad example of anything??? Gah...dumb libs!
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Does anyone believe that he was buying the AR to turn it into the cops? REally? He's going to drop over 2k just to hand it to the police.

Comment

Does anyone believe that he was buying the AR to turn it into the cops? REally? He's going to drop over 2k just to hand it to the police.
        Oh, I believe he'll do that. Their logic is that warped.

Comment

I think he wanted an AR and was going to keep it until the news got out. He didn't make the statement until AFTER he was caught

Comment

I think he wanted an AR and was going to keep it until the news got out. He didn't make the statement until AFTER he was caught
            Poetic justice it true. Can't be a walking hypocrite, can we?

Comment

Sounds to me like he was buying it before a federal ban set in, and then he changed his story when he was caught. But libs are fucking weird about things so it would not surprise me of he bought it to get rid of it. Also, I would just like to point out his wife was shot with a 9mm, which is neither a 556 or .45 caliber, so that shows you how skewed their logic is. His wife was shot with a handgun, yet rifles are the evil guns.
              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Douche

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                  Does he have a bad record? Did the NICS work or not work? And he still doesn't have the rifle, so how is the system failing?
                  Or he ordered a weapon that is out of stock, and waiting for it delivery

Comment

Pretty typical liberal mind-set. I compare it to Al Gore speaking on his "global warming" scam, while jetting around in a Gulfstream V. They are exempt from their warped set of values and rules.

Comment

Something is fishy. I'm glad someone reported it and outed him.

Comment

Two faced pile of shit

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                          Or he ordered a weapon that is out of stock, and waiting for it delivery
                          You didn't read it did you? He saw a used rifle (it was there) and said he wanted that as well as the 1911

Comment

Who is getting the last laugh now

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-To-Mark-Kelly

Diamondback Police Supply owner Douglas MacKinlay has halted Mark Kelly's attempted purchase of an AR-15 over concerns that Kelly was not in fact buying the gun for himself, and therefore could not have passed question 11a of the NICS background check form 4473.

You'll recall Kelly's AR-15 had been on hold for 20 days because it was a trade-in firearm, and during those 20 days Kelly has not been shy about the fact that his plan was to buy the gun and give it to someone else all along.

Gun store owner Doug MacKinlay has now released this statement:

"While I support and respect Mark Kelly's 2nd Amendment rights to purchase, possess, and use firearms in a safe and responsible way, his recent statements to the media make it clear that his intent in purchasing the Sig Sauer 5.56mm rifle was for reasons other than his own personal use."

A refund of the purchase price was sent to Mark Kelly "via express mail" on Thursday of last week.

Comment

Still waiting on the DOJ to arrest him for straw purchasing

Comment

Working...
                              X