Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megan Phelps leaves Westboro Church

Nice to see logic starting to sink in.

“My doubts started with a conversation I had with David Abitbol,” she says. Megan met David, an Israeli web developer who’s part of the team behind the blog Jewlicious, on Twitter. “I would ask him questions about Judaism, and he would ask me questions about church doctrine. One day, he asked a specific question about one of our signs—‘Death Penalty for Fags’—and I was arguing for the church’s position, that it was a Levitical punishment and as completely appropriate now as it was then. He said, ‘But Jesus said’—and I thought it was funny he was quoting Jesus—‘Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.’ And then he connected it to another member of the church who had done something that, according to the Old Testament, was also punishable by death. I realized that if the death penalty was instituted for any sin, you completely cut off the opportunity to repent. And that’s what Jesus was talking about.”

[...]

What “seemed like a small thing at the time,” she says, snowballed. She started to question another Westboro sign, “Fags can’t repent.” “It seemed misleading and dishonest. Anybody can repent if God gives them repentance, according to the church. But this one thing—it gives the impression that homosexuality is an unforgivable sin,” she says. “It didn’t make sense. It seemed a wrong message for us to be sending. It’s like saying, ‘You’re doomed! Bye!’ and gives no hope for salvation.”

[...]

In December, she went to a public library in Lawrence, Kansas. She was looking through books on philosophy and religion, and it struck her that people had devoted their entire lives to studying these questions of how to live and what is right and wrong. “The idea that only WBC had the right answer seemed crazy,” she says. “It just seemed impossible.”

Just after 11 last Sunday morning at Old First Reformed Church in Brooklyn, the Rev. Dr. Daniel Meeter is starting the Sunday service as he always does. He runs through the opening salutation and the…

She's still nuttier than squirrel turds, she's probably gonna be a great lay for somebody if they can get her to open up.

Comment

I feel sorry for that girl. Pretty much like being mormon and realizing it's stupid. It was her life for 27 years. Good luck to her. Romspringer or however it's spelled!
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
        She's still nuttier than squirrel turds, she's probably gonna be a great lay for somebody if they can get her to open up.
        No dude. Guaranteed she's a dead fish. You can't be all twisted up about sex and be a good lay. Also, she is fucking ugly in the face. Two strikes too many, IMO.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
          No dude. Guaranteed she's a dead fish. You can't be all twisted up about sex and be a good lay. Also, she is fucking ugly in the face. Two strikes too many, IMO.
          I'm holding onto my hopes, goddammit!

Comment

I'm holding onto my hopes, goddammit!
            Im putting my money in the "she's not straight" catagory.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
              Im putting my money in the "she's not straight" catagory.
              Eeeeeeeeven better.

Comment

Eeeeeeeeven better.
                Like you're in danger of ever seeing this bitch naked! LMAO!
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I don't think Sean is ever in danger of seeing any woman naked.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    I don't think Sean is ever in danger of seeing any woman naked.

Comment

Working...
                    X