No announcement yet.

Supreme Court on gay marriage: "Sure, who cares?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of all the political issues faced by the people of the world at this time, I find it shocking that gay rights are even the slightest political concern for anyone, much less a conservative.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
      Of all the political issues faced by the people of the world at this time, I find it shocking that gay rights are even the slightest political concern for anyone, much less a conservative.
      It's something that any simpleton with a voice thinks they can affect, methinks.

Comment

But if we can hump dead animals and antelopes
        then there's no reason that a man and another man can't elope
        But if you feel like I feel, I got the antidote
        Women wave your pantyhose, sing the chorus and it goes
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I say that republicans tell Democrats that they can have their gay marriage if they promise to stop being such faggots about gun rights.
          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

The Supreme''s will defer this, based on some of their comments. Even Sotomayer is asking council what the "stopping point" is, as far as law.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
              Next thing they will push for is a national holiday. They they can have a day off work and be gay and proud.
              Fuck it. As long as we all get the day off.
              .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                Equal Protection Clause?
                Doesn't apply as everyone is able to marry someone of the opposite sex no matter race or ethnicity. Could argue the traveling clause but that would mean that gun licenses in Texas would be valid in NY and I don't think they want to try that one
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                  This is my biggest gripe with Republicans. Same control freaks as Dems. Dems want to control your money. Republicans want to control your bedroom.

"It's a sin!"

And them doin it isn't? I don't think hellfire is any more or less hot if you put a ring on it.

"Marriage is between a man and a woman."

Says who? The Bible? There were marriages before the bible.

"I don't think it's natural."

Tell that to your two boy dogs humping in the back yard.

"Just a slippery slope"

Was that a pun?

Who cares? You want to marry a goat? Fine by me. Have fun being a laughing stock for the rest of your life.
                  You don't want to marry a goat? Then why do you care?

Your life. Your choice. Your consequences.
                  Last edited by sc281; 03-26-2013, 02:38 PM.

Comment

.....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                      Profound as fuck.
                      Originally posted by lincolnboy
                      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                        This is my biggest gripe with Republicans. Same control freaks as Dems. Dems want to control your money. Republicans want to control your bedroom.

"It's a sin!"

And them doin it isn't? I don't think hellfire is any more or less hot if you put a ring on it.

"Marriage is between a man and a woman."

Says who? The Bible? There were marriages before the bible.

"I don't think it's natural."

Tell that to your two boy dogs humping in the back yard.

"Just a slippery slope"

Was that a pun?

Who cares? You want to marry a goat? Fine by me. Have fun being a laughing stock for the rest of your life.
                        You don't want to marry a goat? Then why do you care?

Not a solid argument with somebody who believes in the Bible, since it starts at "the Beginning" (Although I realize you may not believe in the Bible and that you are probably talking about the oldest copy being found ect.)

Your first point is solid gold though, and should be thought about by all people who call themselves Christians and feel like this legislation is important.
                        "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                        -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                          Doesn't apply as everyone is able to marry someone of the opposite sex no matter race or ethnicity. Could argue the traveling clause but that would mean that gun licenses in Texas would be valid in NY and I don't think they want to try that one
                          You are one bendy som'bitch, you know that?

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
                            Not a solid argument with somebody who believes in the Bible, since it starts at "the Beginning" (Although I realize you may not believe in the Bible and that you are probably talking about the oldest copy being found ect.)

Your first point is solid gold though, and should be thought about by all people who call themselves Christians and feel like this legislation is important.
                            It is a very profound philosophical work, and I enjoyed reading it. I just don't think God or people controlled/inspired/influenced by him made it.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                              You are one bendy som'bitch, you know that?
                              Not at all. As marriage is not mentioned in the constitution, there is no authority for the federal government to have a say. As states can put ages of consent as they like (ranging between 16-18 years old) it only makes sense that they retain that power under the 10th amendment. If one claims that because a minority of states have gay marriage that all states must accept it is to claim that because AZ has constitutional open carry that all states must permit the same. Either you can take all of your rights with you state to state or youc an't.

Which is it?
                              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

I fail to see constitutional authority for the federal government to have a say one way or the other on marriage
                                Not at all. As marriage is not mentioned in the constitution, there is no authority for the federal government to have a say. As states can put ages of consent as they like (ranging between 16-18 years old) it only makes sense that they retain that power under the 10th amendment. If one claims that because a minority of states have gay marriage that all states must accept it is to claim that because AZ has constitutional open carry that all states must permit the same. Either you can take all of your rights with you state to state or youc an't.

Which is it?
                                ^^^THESE^^^

DOMA AND this gay bullshit shouldn't even be in the Federal sphere of influence.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Pretty straight forward to me... but then again what the hell do I know?

Comment

Working...
                                X