Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
    I assure you that is not the case.

I agree wholeheartedly with that statement, in fact this is not the first time I have live abroad either. I once spent a semester studying abroad at Oxford University (Christ Church) where I lived and loved it.

I don't think I have it "all figured out", but I know a lot about a few very specific things, just like you do with certain things (I respect your culinary knowledge for one). Fact is I am still by all standards a young man, and I believe that for my age I have done a lot, but also have a lot to do.
    Typical HK nut sucker

Comment

• Originally posted by Jester View Post
      You said you have tons of experience compared to most people your age, but you are unwilling to say what that is.

Here is a simple news flash......a first year boot in the Navy has travelled the world far more than you.......matter of fact........hundreds of thousands of military troops younger than you have done that before their 21st bday.
      Perhaps, but what they experience as members of the United States Armed Forces whilst traveling is an entirely different experience that what one experiences as a civilian, businessperson, or expat.

I would say that compared to most people my age I have done some cool stuff, stuff that would make a GI my age jealous (just as they have done some cool shit that I think is cool).
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
        Typical HK nut sucker
        I laughed.

Comment

I laughed.

Comment

Fact is I am still by all standards a young man, and I believe that for my age I have done a lot, but also have a lot to do.

Shoulda lead with this.

Comment

Lol, I love when military people say this. What sort of intellectual qualifications are required to join the military again? Were you an officer? Why did you quit?
              Also, I want to point out that is doesn't take an intellectual to understand current events and history. In fact, the majority of the problems in this country are created by such "intellectuals". The life lessons I learned both in the military and in everyday life (the "street") have prepared me far more than any formal education I have taken part of. I consider myself to be rather intelligent and I would be glad to be right back home in the military.

There was a reason you fled the US. It was created by people with a very similar background to your own. The sooner you see that you are just as clueless as the rest of us, the better off you will be. Education doesn't ever equal intellect, only an increased library of learned facts.
              Last edited by Pokulski-Blatz; 04-01-2013, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                Also, I want to point out that is doesn't take an intellectual to understand current events and history. In fact, the majority of the problems in this country are created by such "intellectuals". The life lessons I learned both in the military and in everyday life (the "street") have prepared me far more than any formal education I have taken part of. I consider myself to be rather intelligent and I would be glad to be right back home in the military.

There was a reason you fled the US. It was created by people with a very similar background to your own. The sooner you see that you are just as clueless as the rest of us, the better off you will be. Education doesn't ever equal intellect, only an increased library of learned facts.
                I do not believe this is a bad thing. You would be hard pressed to find anyone who would argue against having as much education as possible.

Comment

I do not believe this is a bad thing. You would be hard pressed to find anyone who would argue against having as much education as possible.
                  I didn't say it was a bad thing, just that school doesn't make you smarter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                    I didn't say it was a bad thing, just that school doesn't make you smarter.
                    It sure doesn't, but you have to at least have a certain level of intelligence to get accepted into a nice University these days. They say the current generation is faced with the toughest acceptance qualifications ever recorded due to the amount of applicants.

Comment

It sure doesn't, but you have to at least have a certain level of intelligence to get accepted into a nice University these days. They say the current generation is faced with the toughest acceptance qualifications ever recorded due to the amount of applicants.
                      or your parent's could have alot of money.
                      May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                      Semper Fi

Comment

• Originally posted by Jester View Post
                        If that was a case then there would be a building on campus with my family's name on it.

Comment

If that was a case then there would be a building on campus with my family's name on it.
                          I thought you didn't brag about your parent's money?
                          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

seriously though, what is your point? You went to a university. So once again how do you have more life experience than most people? You talk shit about people but NEVER back it up.....we already know that the University didnt provide you with a back bone, so what did you get? where is this world experience?

You have a self entitled rich kid attitiude because you have no miles. You have no real world experience because you have never had it rough. In typical rich kid fashion, when things got tough in America you packed your bags and left. You are completely out of touch with reality.

So, once again, what makes you an expert or have more experience than anyone else on this board?
                            Honestly, from what I have seen, the only experience you have is buying guns.
                            May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                            Semper Fi

Comment

• Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                              I thought you didn't brag about your parent's money?
                              I was using that statement to declare that my family having money was irrelevant. At Baylor I was average at best when it came to family net worth.

Originally posted by Jester View Post
                              seriously though, what is your point? You went to a university. So once again how do you have more life experience than most people? You talk shit about people but NEVER back it up.....we already know that the University didnt provide you with a back bone, so what did you get? where is this world experience?

You have a self entitled rich kid attitiude because you have no miles. You have no real world experience because you have never had it rough. In typical rich kid fashion, when things got tough in America you packed your bags and left. You are completely out of touch with reality.

So, once again, what makes you an expert or have more experience than anyone else on this board?
                              Honestly, from what I have seen, the only experience you have is buying guns.
                              How do I "back it up"? JITB 15 minutes?

And as for the rest of your statement, I didn't leave the USA because "the going got tough". In fact I had an easy life there with access to more resources. I do not know why you don't get this as I have said it before, you just either choose to ignore it or don't acknowledge it.

On the other hand when the going got tough for you, in a typical insane weirdo fashion, you packed your bags and went to a mental institution and got on drugs to unfuck your head. You now spend your days on a farm taking workman's comp carving tiki heads and clinging to your firearms.

Comment

I haven't seen a rash of people that couldn't get into a school. Sure, it might not be your first choice but there is an option. Many of the people that are going to collage these days don't deserve to go. Many years ago when you didn't need a degree to do well in life the world was a much more sane place. The fact that most reasonably paying jobs require a degree now has lowered the standard of education so very much. All it creates is a false sense of intellect with many graduates.

I once had this acquaintance that was accepted to A&M, his grades were OK but not stellar. Not an overly smart guy to be honest, just average. After graduating he became this I am smarter than everyone type. Jokes like "What do you call an A&M graduate? Boss." I lost all respect for him as a result. He was making seriously poor decisions and seemed to have been harmed by going to collage.

My acquaintance is a perfect example of the lowered standards that have been put in place as a result of the ever changing job market. I say they are wrong about acceptance standards, I believe that they are lower than they have been in years. The only thing that has changed is the shear volume of applicants that think they are smart enough has increased exponentially.

Originally posted by Jester View Post
                                Damnit man, when you type like this you make his case that being in the military doesn't require intelligence.

Comment

Working...
                                X