No announcement yet.

Kim orders rockets on standby to attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even if it's funny, it is still a repost.

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
      I say this with all sincerity: if Kim Jong-dumbfuck actually lobs a nuclear device into South Korea... what do you think we (USA) will do? All braggadocio aside, what will we truly do? I'm honestly thinking that we might let South Korea eat it and sit on our thumbs due to China/Russia and not wanting to make waves.
      I believe we would successfully shoot down any nuke attempts, but it would be kept quieter than Benghazi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jester
        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
        Originally posted by Denny
        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• ^ LMAO at "NUKALAR"
          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

• Obama: Navy's fault NK is going nuclear

Who ordered destroyers against North Korea?

BY KEVIN BARON
            FOREIGNPOLICY.COM
            So, it’s the Navy’s fault that the U.S.-North Korea spat has gone so far?

That’s the apparent message from senior administration officials who, according to the Wall Street Journal on Thursday, said that they had long planned to send B-52s, B-2 stealth bombers, and F-22 fighters to the Korean Peninsula as part of preplanned wargames with South Korea, but that they had not planned the recent deployment of Navy destroyers.

Last weekend, the U.S. ordered two guided-missile destroyers to the Western Pacific — the USS John S. McCain and the USS Decatur — to provide additional defense against North Korean ballistic missiles. That move represents an operational escalation of U.S. forces in the region, in contrast to the symbolic show of force provided by the fighters and bombers, which conducted only flyby passes and bombing practice (or, in the case of the F-22, just sat on the ground).

But the destroyer deployment never was intended to be publicized in the same way. Kim Jong Un’s regime has responded to each U.S. move with increasingly dangerous threats, and U.S. officials say they are now trying to tone down the muscular posturing. That Navy officials publicly confirmed the destroyer deployment to reporters did not help, U.S. officials told the Journal.

What’s unclear from that account, however, is whether Pentagon officials simply did not know the destroyer deployments were to be kept under wraps, or whether the White House was actually unaware of the deployment orders until the ship movements were made public.

“We’re not discussing our interagency deliberations,” said Caitlin Haydn, National Security Council (NSC) spokeswoman, in an email.

A senior defense official, however, told FP, “There was no White House secrecy order.”

According to several U.S. officials, the decision to task two destroyers on a ballistic missile defense mission specific to North Korea went through the usual chain of command.

Pacific Command’s Adm. Samuel Locklear requested additional ballistic missile defenses in the Western Pacific. That decision was made in conjunction with Northern Command’s Gen. Chuck Jacoby. Those two combatant commanders are responsible for determining the military forces required for ballistic missile defense of U.S. allies in Asia and the homeland, respectively. Their request was given to the Joint Staff, at the Pentagon. The Joint Staff then asked the Navy what assets were available to meet the mission. The Navy identified the Decatur and the McCain, which Locklear then ordered to their positions. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel did not give the order.

“The secretary did not sign deployment orders,” a senior defense official said. The final order was given by the PACOM commander.

Ship movements normally do not require approval of the president or the defense secretary. Of course, these deployments were not made under normal circumstances. Hagel was apprised of the move, but it is unclear whether the White House knew about the deployment in advance. Caitlin Hayden, NSC spokeswoman, declined to say.

“But there clearly was a disconnect with the Navy in making that move public,” said a separate U.S. official, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Reporters routinely ask defense and military officials if there have been extraordinary changes in military assets and alert levels, such as ship deployments, aircraft positioning, or troop movements specific to various threats that emerge. Pentagon officials field that question daily during times of crisis like the current North Korean situation.

Until last weekend, there were no public notices or media reports of any changes to the U.S. force posture, though there were already U.S. ships forward deployed in the region that are capable of defending against ballistic missile attacks.

The USS John S. McCain was told to steam from port in Japan — where it had been resting following two weeks of drills in March that were part of the U.S.-South Korean “Foal Eagle” exercise — specifically to provide additional defense against North Korean ballistic missiles. Also, the USS Decatur, which was on its way home from the Persian Gulf to San Diego, was told to hold in place before it crossed the Pacific, in a separate location from the McCain.

U.S. and defense officials declined to provide the specific location of either ship, citing operational security.

On Thursday, a third destroyer, the USS Fitzgerald, reached the USS Decatur’s location and has relieved that ship, which is now continuing its journey home to California, the FP has confirmed.

Administration officials now say publicly they want to cool things off with North Korea, and quickly. Defense Secretary Hagel and Secretary of State John Kerry have placed phone calls to their Chinese counterparts in the past two days seeking a diplomatic resolve.

“This does not need to get hotter,” State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said on Thursday.

But the U.S. has shown no sign of pulling back its newly deployed defensive measures, including the destroyers. Last December, when North Korean tested a long-range rocket and put an object into space, ship deployments out of Japan for ballistic missile defense duty lasted for weeks.

Contrary to the claim of softer rhetoric, the Pentagon announced on Wednesday it was deploying the controversial THAAD anti-ballistic missile system to Guam as a precautionary measure against the North Korean missile threat. That deployment required Hagel’s authorization.

Moreover, the U.S. is pressing on with plans to continue joint U.S.-South Korean military exercises on the Korean Peninsula into April.

“We have two events that will be closely managed and controlled,” Col. Amy Hannah, U.S. Forces Korea spokeswoman tells FP. “The two main events are a combined logistics over the shore exercise and a Marine amphibious landing.”

No requests to change those plans have come up the chain of command, according to the U.S. official.

© 2013, Foreign Policy
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• How dare these men who are sworn to protect our nation actually take initiative. The leader of a nuclear capable nation said that he would fire nukes at our country. These men put measures in place to defend this move and now it is their fault that North Korea is cranky... I am so sick of the idiot in chief. God help us if a war actually does break out. He does not have the stones to actually win.

Comment

• Originally posted by DallasSleeper View Post
                I am so sick of the idiot in chief. God help us if a war actually does break out. He does not have the stones to actually win.
                But.... but...... HE KILLED BIN LADEN!!!

Comment

• So now I'm being told not to be near any populated areas for the next few days because of possible "issues" with tourists from S Korea that might be sympathetic to Kim's cause.

But please, do show up to base tomorrow. LMFAO!

Comment

• "you terr them that herr is coming and I'm coming with it!"

Comment

• Be wowwied. Be velly, velly wowwied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
                        So now I'm being told not to be near any populated areas for the next few days because of possible "issues" with tourists from S Korea that might be sympathetic to Kim's cause.

But please, do show up to base tomorrow. LMFAO!
                        Sounds logical.

Comment

• So... Kimmy is about to launch one of the five medium range Musudan missiles that are currently fueled and on the platform on the east coast of N. Korea, what is your opinion of what the US, S. Korea and/or Japan will do when it is launched? Shoot it out of the sky as it enters international waters, or just sit on their hands and see where it lands?

Stevo
                          Originally posted by SSMAN
                          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevo View Post
                            So... Kimmy is about to launch one of the five medium range Musudan missiles that are currently fueled and on the platform on the east coast of N. Korea, what is your opinion of what the US, N. Korea and/or Japan will do when it is launched? Shoot it out of the sky as it enters international waters, or just sit on their hands and see where it lands?

Stevo
                            I think Japan will have something to say as well - expect action.

Comment

• I'd blow bitch up as soon as it lifted off but who the fuck knows what will really happen.

Comment

• That is why I specifically threw Japan in there, all of the N. Korea missile 'tests' have flown right over Japan or over their territorial waters. Considering N. Korea threatened Japan earlier this week, I'm sure they will be taking it as a real issue.

Stevo
                                Originally posted by SSMAN
                                ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Working...
                                X