No announcement yet.

Texas Deficit Estimate Comes In Worse Than The Worst Expectations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'll be interesting to see what texas decides to do, and i'll bet that it gets done without a california style congressional logjam. These people out here in cali truly are nuts.

Unfortunately, my wife works for a school district in one of the spots that's likely to be cut, but oh well. He job title has the word "aide" in it, which means that she does all of the work in that department while her boss sits around. Aides will likely get the axe.
    Last edited by mikeb; 01-11-2011, 09:12 AM.

Comment

do you think they will start collecting state income tax?

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
        They would have to do a constitutional amendment to even consider it. Good luck with all that, the masses would march on Austin and burn it to the ground I think. lol
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
          I'll bolt for OK before Governor Goodhair can get it out of his mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
            8% there!
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              8% there!
              The property taxes are substantially lower there.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                8% there!
                Well, FUCK!

Comment

thats the whole thing on state income tax. you stop earning you stop paying. but fuck no not in texas. you retire and your still taxed to the stoneage to educate fucking illegals in south texas. i for one would prefer state income tax to property tax .

Comment

they might raise the sales tax and car registration through the roof

just like oklahoma, isnt the sales tax up there like 12%

Comment

Originally posted by Venom View Post
                      The district is already preparing us for the budget cuts. They are estimating that it will get cut by at least 5% which equates to about 20 million each year for the next 2 years. They are having to layoff teachers but they will keep the programs that support teenage mothers and free lunch.
                      Yep...happening in Irving too
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                        States with no state income tax:
                        Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                          thats the whole thing on state income tax. you stop earning you stop paying. but fuck no not in texas. you retire and your still taxed to the stoneage to educate fucking illegals in south texas. i for one would prefer state income tax to property tax .
                          My ass! All over the fucking state!! Many of my students right here in DFW are illegal & not afraid to announce it in class...
                          sigpic

Comment

thank you robin hood . what pisses me off is there are only 60 kids in our school . no high school . but yet my taxes are as high as azle.

Comment

Working...
                            X