No announcement yet.

PoliceOne's Gun Control Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I happened to be sitting in a restaurant yesterday when the sheriff walked in and someone at the table next to us stopped him and asked him about a bill proposed in CO to allow secret service to remove sheriffs who won't in force gun laws. His exact words were "Screw em, secret service agent here knows better" lol.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
      I happened to be sitting in a restaurant yesterday when the sheriff walked in and someone at the table next to us stopped him and asked him about a bill proposed in CO to allow secret service to remove sheriffs who won't in force gun laws. His exact words were "Screw em, secret service agent here knows better" lol.
      Sheriff's are typically more outspoken pro 2nd amendment guys where pd chiefs will voice the opinion of the city officials that appointed them.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
        Sheriff's are typically more outspoken pro 2nd amendment guys where pd chiefs will voice the opinion of the city officials that appointed them.
        Excellent point. Sheriffs are elected.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post

The Sheriff and council hiring the police chief come from the same votes.

We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the the pursuit of happiness......, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive to these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,
          I'm posting from my phone, probably while driving. Expect typoes.......

Comment

Working...
          X