Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have we legislated ourselves into Utopia yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have we legislated ourselves into Utopia yet?

Someone please wake me up when we get there...

Nation's biggest movie theater chain cuts workweek, blaming ObamaCare

"Regal Entertainment Group, which operates more than 500 theaters in 38 states, last month rolled back shifts for non-salaried workers to 30 hours per week, putting them under the threshold at which employers are required to provide health insurance. The Nashville-based company said in a letter to managers that the move was a direct result of ObamaCare."

New York's Assault Weapon Registration Begins

Gov. Andrew Cuomo calls those and other provisions in the state's new gun law common sense while dismissing criticisms he says come from "extreme fringe conservatives" who claim the government has no right to regulate guns.

"Yes, they are against it, but they are the extremists and the extremists shouldn't win, especially on this issue when it is so important to the majority," Cuomo said in a radio interview last week. "In politics, we have to be willing to take on the extremists, otherwise you will see paralysis."

I'll feel about right once there are government cafeterias in all the towns and I'm not allowed to eat at home anymore - oh and when "my" house is subsidized and I get to share it with people who do not work.

Then I'll be happy. What by 2020 that should be the scenario?
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Good. Less theaters open, less revenue for these assclown actors/actresses. The shit all rolls down hill. I hope they are happy.

Comment

My best friends wife was a branch manager at a credit union here in Austin and had to deal with a lot of this. They had a lot of full-time employees who's hours were cut back because of Obamacare. So they say, "We can give you 28-30 hours now" and it's forcing those people to find part time jobs, working another 20-25 hours to make up for the loss of income. Keep in mind, these are tellers making $14.00+/hr, a lot of whom are single mothers. So now, just to make what they made before Obama care, they're having to work 10-15 hours a week MORE than they were just to support their family. My friends wife was heartbroken about this.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
          Good. Less theaters open, less revenue for these assclown actors/actresses. The shit all rolls down hill. I hope they are happy.
          You tard. It isn't JUST movie theaters.
          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Working...
          X