No announcement yet.

Mother of autistic teen unable to press charges against students who assaulted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother of autistic teen unable to press charges against students who assaulted

Looks like the school is in the 'Cover Your Ass' mode, as well as the police Department.

KILLEEN -

It has been one week since the airing of thirteen year old autistic student Deandre Losero being beaten up near his school, and his mother is still unable to press charges.

Killeen ISD told her they are unable to do anything because the fight occurred 300 feet away from the school, although the fight was caught on camera.

Vivian Brundidge spoke to News Channel 25 about how she hopes justice will be served soon.

"I'm hoping they decide to make sure that everyone involved gets charges pressed against them, to show them that this is not what needs to happen. This needs to stop," said Brundidge.

Killeen ISD is unwilling to release the names of the parents in order for Brundidge to be able to press charges. Brundidge also followed up with Killeen Police Department, but they have turned the case over to the County Attorney's Office.

Local parents have reached out to Brundidge after the story aired, and are planning to rally against bullying. They hope this rally will help bring more resources to address bullying in schools.

"We just want to make sure there are policies, better policies in place for bullying," explains Cedric Dennis, a fellow Liberty Hill Middle School parent. "Just like these corporations with 800 numbers set up. Where you don't know who made the call, they should have that system set up for the kids.

Brundidge appreciates the outpour of love but is disappointed that the parents of the children in the video have yet to reach out to her.

"I would have made contact with the child's parent that was hurt, and made sure they were okay. Is there anything that he needed? Is there anything I can do? Can I apologize for my child? None of that has happened," said Brundidge.

Baylor basketball player Cory Jefferson visited Losero again before he headed back to Waco, and Houston rapper Paul Wall posted the video on his page.

Brundidge says she just wants justice to be served, and for her son to know that he did nothing to deserve this. She is very happy for all of the support.
    Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

My first thought is that one of the kids is a relative of the local police chief or such.

Comment

Well, of course the Kileen ISD or the ISD Police won't file charges. Has nothing to do with the school district. Go to the PD of the municipality the incident took place. Retards.

Comment

I have a BIL that teaches/coaches in Killeen, and that place is an educational shit-hole. Politics like you wouldn't believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
          I have a BIL that teaches/coaches in Killeen, and that place is an educational shit-hole. Politics like you wouldn't believe.
          My neighbor when I lived there was a teacher at KHS, she was almost fired for failing the QB of the football team.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
            Well, of course the Kileen ISD or the ISD Police won't file charges. Has nothing to do with the school district. Go to the PD of the municipality the incident took place. Retards.
            I guess you missed where they showed the video to the police, and the police wouldn't press charges.

Stevo
            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
              I guess you missed where they showed the video to the police, and the police wouldn't press charges.

Stevo
              That doesn't change the fact that, as Denny stated, the Killeen ISD or the ISD police are not responsible for filing charges in this matter, regardless of what the Killeen PD decides to do or decides not to do. I guess you missed that part of his reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                Originally posted by The King View Post
                That doesn't change the fact that, as Denny stated, the Killeen ISD or the ISD police are not responsible for filing charges in this matter, regardless of what the Killeen PD decides to do or decides not to do. I guess you missed that part of his reply.
                I didn't miss the part where KISD refused to release the names of the 16 year old that beat the 13 year old autistic kid to the parents and the Killeen Police Department. The school IS responsible to cooperate with identifying a person that has possibly committed a crime against a disabled child.

And no where in the story does it mention a school police department, only the school itself and the city police. The city police IS responsible for not filing charges against a person that assaulted a 13 year old disabled child.

Stevo

Comment

Fwiw generally any fight that occurs off campus but while on the way to or from school is treated as 'on school grounds'

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                    I didn't miss the part where KISD refused to release the names of the 16 year old that beat the 13 year old autistic kid to the parents and the Killeen Police Department. The school IS responsible to cooperate with identifying a person that has possibly committed a crime against a disabled child.

And no where in the story does it mention a school police department, only the school itself and the city police. The city police IS responsible for not filing charges against a person that assaulted a 13 year old disabled child.

Stevo
                    I agree that the City Police are responsible for filing any charges and should have already done so, and if need be the Killeen ISD should be subpoenaed to provide any information they have on the matter if they remain uncooperative. Let the legal system run its course.

Comment

Working...
                    X