Jailed for facebook comments, marine sues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chili View Post
    I'm not mad, but have better reading comprehension than most and it made no sense to me.

I mean, seriously, I scored like 99th percentile in that shit. I also passed the DLAB and the Border Patrol's language aptitude exam, which leads me to believe I am pretty good with language..

By your explanation, you are saying that I could restate the sentence as: "It seems the details of the arrest/trial/investigation was the issue." Which still leaves me wondering what you are talking about..

Explicame motherfucker, I guess I'm just stupid!

In all honesty, I never expected it to be so scrutinized, lol. It was simply an empass saying that the "wrong" here is who is handling the case and how it is handled. Meaning, going after an SM for saying disloyal things can be a legal action.

DLAB Cat IV, back off bia!

Anyway, I remember discussing the IRR/UCMJ issue with another officer a while back and I would argue that UCMJ does indeed apply to IRR.

It depends on your definition of "called to duty". Some say that still applies to IRR without muster orders. Nevetheless, SMs in IRR have been prosecuted under UCMJ in the past. There remains a ton of debate on the issue.

Comment

Working...
    X