No announcement yet.

Sooooooo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On another note, people get too caught up on the intent of a law. The intent is important, but means precisely dick if the execution is terrible.

This was shit legislation, despite your personal beliefs that you wish to legislate on everyone. Any good politician will vote against shit legislation. This stupidity had no business becoming law.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
      If contraceptive measures are used, but fail, I have no problem with an abortion taking place.

I see a woman having an abortion as walking out on her living child. The father should have the choice to raise his child.
      Hey man. Quit being a fucking idiot. Try really hard. I think you can do it.

Comment

If contraceptive measures are used, but fail, I have no problem with an abortion taking place.

I see a woman having an abortion as walking out on her living child. The father should have the choice to raise his child.
        You don't get to choose for everyone, Mr. Bloomberg.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
          Not only that, but the blatant hypocrisy is mind numbing. "I care about you while you're in the womb, but after you pop out of the pussy you're on your own!"

I also agree that there need to be more abortions in the world, they're a LOT cheaper than someone on government assistance. That's not even counting the cost to educate the kid. If an education is what you call the thing kids get in this state.
          What's so hard to understand about it? It's called personal responsibility.

The bill honestly wasn't a big deal. It was going to set proper standards for abortion clinics and hold them to medical facility standards to protect the patients so women weren't going into a closet and getting cleaned out. What I find funny is that all these people bitch about having to abort a fetus after 20 weeks....that's 5 months of pregnancy. The BABY is already moving and kicking at that point. another thing I can't tolerate is if you are raped, there is the morning after pill which could be prescribed as part of a "rape kit" at the hospital. There is so much Stupid included in the arguments posted in the media it seems any level headed legislation is doomed from minute 1 because someone has to get all emotional about it. Remove the emotion and shit gets done.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post

The bill honestly wasn't a big deal. It was going to set proper standards for abortion clinics and hold them to medical facility standards to protect the patients so women weren't going into a closet and getting cleaned out. What I find funny is that all these people bitch about having to abort a fetus after 20 weeks....that's 5 months of pregnancy. The BABY is already moving and kicking at that point. another thing I can't tolerate is if you are raped, there is the morning after pill which could be prescribed as part of a "rape kit" at the hospital. There is so much Stupid included in the arguments posted in the media it seems any level headed legislation is doomed from minute 1 because someone has to get all emotional about it. Remove the emotion and shit gets done.
            You can't make the argument that personal responsibility should determine someone's behavior, and then turn around and take the choice away from them. Also, the vast majority of time a woman decides to terminate a pregnancy, it isn't likely to be in the best of personal circumstances.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post

Also: have you actually read the bill?

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                You don't get to choose for everyone, Mr. Bloomberg.
                But the woman gets the vote of all three involved.
                Got it.
                sigpic

Comment

But the woman gets the vote of all three involved.
                  Got it.
                  Hey man. Quit being a fucking idiot. Try really hard. I think you can do it.
                  Try harder.

Comment

Try harder.
                    Sorry, I'm not going to agree with your point of view.
                    sigpic

Comment

Sorry, I'm not going to agree with your point of view.
                      I not saying you need to have the same point of view as me. I am saying that you at least need to have good reasoning when you come to your own conclusion.

Comment

I not saying you need to have the same point of view as me. I am saying that you at least need to have good reasoning when you come to your own conclusion.
                        So it's not reasonable to think that more than one person should be involved in the decision?
                        Got'cha. That's why we're not going to agree, and because of that, my reasoning will never seem "good" to you. It's the difference of opinion that makes it seem that way. One person has the ultimate say in the decision making of no less than three individual lives. That is why I feel it is not solely up to that one person.
                        Since you do not agree with that opinion, my reasoning will never be "good".
                        sigpic

Comment

So it's not reasonable to think that more than one person should be involved in the decision?
                          Got'cha. That's why we're not going to agree, and because of that, my reasoning will never seem "good" to you. It's the difference of opinion that makes it seem that way.
                          Now you're ignoring what I've said in this very thread.

Hey man, quit being a fucking idiot.

Comment

Cool beans bro.
                            sigpic

Comment

Got'cha. That's why we're not going to agree, and because of that, my reasoning will never seem "good" to you. It's the difference of opinion that makes it seem that way. One person has the ultimate say in the decision making of no less than three individual lives. That is why I feel it is not solely up to that one person.
                              Since you do not agree with that opinion, my reasoning will never be "good".
                              Being that an embryo can't make decisions, then yes, she gets the say of all 3. Also, an embryo is not a life. It is her body, which means you have no say. Even if she was your wife, you have no say. It is the way it is. Now, don't be an idiot.
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Also: have you actually read the bill?
                                Was going mostly off of what a few friends in the medical community brought up while talking about it. Honestly I could care less if someone wants to abort a child that I would have to pay to raise.

Comment

Working...
                                X