No announcement yet.

Snowden granted asylum in Russia.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm kind of the opposite. When i first heard about this, I thought Snowden was a hero and a true patriot.

But once he fled to our countries biggest rivals, and started divulging priceless information to them, i felt he was a bit of a traitor. You think Snowden is telling them only about the injustice of Prism? No, the russians and chinese are finding out everything they can about our nations defenses. Who knows what access Snowden has, but it looks like it was serious, and likely he is divulging all kinds of security measures into the CIA and DoD.

Comment

He didn't flee to because he hated the US, he fled because the US (gov) hated him. He was driven out for doing the right thing, what did the gov expect?
      1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

It is foolish to believe he was traveling with any of the documents he stole. They cant get what you dont have no matter the coercion implemented.

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
        I'm kind of the opposite. When i first heard about this, I thought Snowden was a hero and a true patriot.

But once he fled to our countries biggest rivals, and started divulging priceless information to them, i felt he was a bit of a traitor. You think Snowden is telling them only about the injustice of Prism? No, the russians and chinese are finding out everything they can about our nations defenses. Who knows what access Snowden has, but it looks like it was serious, and likely he is divulging all kinds of security measures into the CIA and DoD.
        I have not read a single report that he has turned over documents to anyone other than journalists. I would think our government would be the first to let us know if it did happen.
        Last edited by NoClassic; 08-01-2013, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Says who? The only one to talk would be government handlers. Why would they leak to the press they themselves are pumping Snowden for information in exchange for time/protection/asylum. All it takes is a laptop to hold tens of thousands of records, or for Snowden, keeping a backup hidden away in some random network drive somewhere for him to access as an insurance policy.

IMHO, its a bit naive to think the russians and chinese didnt ask about anything and everything defense related to the US DoD and CIA. It's what we would do in the reverse situation. In fact the russians "politely asked Snowden to stop leaking US state secrets". Surely no one thinks that applies to his FSB handlers. Obviously these countries see value in Snowden as a wonderful source for information on us. Both russia and china have a lot to lose when it comes to damaged US relations, so the payoff has got to be worth it.

We would try to get every last shred of detail out of them, well beyond the scope of just "confirm _____ country was using a spy system" if the situation was reversed.

Comment

2013 - When America became a nation you had to seek political asylum FROM to RUSSIA for exposing tyranny.

National debt $5.8 trillion on 9/10/2001.

9/11/01 - the begining of the end and we're doing it to ourselves.

National debt $16.7 trillion on 8/7/2013

Everyone likes to blame the other guy and I know most of you will, but Bush, Obama, and Congress share responsibility in the butt-fucking of the American people, constitution, and economy.

Isn't it funny how this crazy dragnet that's recording, searching, and databasing every form of electronic communication domestically and then some couldn't reveal the dumbest of terrorists such as the underwear bomber and the shoe bomber. Hell, the Boston Bombers posted crazy shit on social media AND the Russians directly warned us about them. Seems like the only person it has caught was the director of the CIA. Ain't that a bitch?

FWIW various US intelligence agencies release reports year after year that terrorists have gone low tech and avoid using conventional electronic communication. If that's the case ask yourself why we would spend so much money on unconstitutional programs with no oversight to spy on mainstream domestic communications???

It doesn't have anything to do with terrorism.

Anytime an elected or appointed government official wants to spend money or erode the constitution while saying it's to protect children or to prevent terrorism what they really mean is that it has nothing to do with either, but that's the line of bullshit they are using so you don't question their actions just before they dip the Gubment cock in sand and stick it in the ass of freedom and the taxpayer.
            US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
              2013 - When America became a nation you had to seek political asylum FROM to RUSSIA for exposing tyranny.

National debt $5.8 trillion on 9/10/2001.

9/11/01 - the begining of the end and we're doing it to ourselves.

National debt $16.7 trillion on 8/7/2013

Everyone likes to blame the other guy and I know most of you will, but Bush, Obama, and Congress share responsibility in the butt-fucking of the American people, constitution, and economy.

Isn't it funny how this crazy dragnet that's recording, searching, and databasing every form of electronic communication domestically and then some couldn't reveal the dumbest of terrorists such as the underwear bomber and the shoe bomber. Hell, the Boston Bombers posted crazy shit on social media AND the Russians directly warned us about them. Seems like the only person it has caught was the director of the CIA. Ain't that a bitch?

FWIW various US intelligence agencies release reports year after year that terrorists have gone low tech and avoid using conventional electronic communication. If that's the case ask yourself why we would spend so much money on unconstitutional programs with no oversight to spy on mainstream domestic communications???

It doesn't have anything to do with terrorism.

Anytime an elected or appointed government official wants to spend money or erode the constitution while saying it's to protect children or to prevent terrorism what they really mean is that it has nothing to do with either, but that's the line of bullshit they are using so you don't question their actions just before they dip the Gubment cock in sand and stick it in the ass of freedom and the taxpayer.
              what this dude said!
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
                He's their defacto prisoner for the next year. At least in the US he wouldn't have been tortured.
                Bullshit bro. They would have pulled out his fucking toenails to get what they wanted here, every bit as quickly as they would have there.

This government is about one thing, and that's fucking anyone and everyone they have to to hit their end game.
                www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

putin slapped obama in the face haha.

Comment

Working...
                  X