Obamacare calculators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obamacare calculators

I've seen a couple of them now and holy cow. It's going to suck for smokers and anyone that makes more than $10 an hour and doesn't get employer sponsored coverage.

Just as an example for me personally. I have a 4 person household, two are employeed and we do pretty good. Not $$$$CHOO $$CHOO money but more than enough to be comfortable.

To cover everyone as non smokers it's a little over $14k per year, if you smoke it's another $7k premium.

This is the one the HHS refers you to:

The Health Insurance Marketplace Calculator, updated with 2024 premium data, provides estimates of health insurance premiums and subsidies for people purchasing insurance on their own in health insurance exchanges (or “Marketplaces”) created by the Affordable Care Act (ACA).

Glad my employer has coverage for me and my family, though, I do need to stop smoking

Originally posted by Sean88gt
    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

How the fuck is this supposed to help anyone? My wife is talking to a company now and if she opted out of their insurance, it would more than double in cost?

Comment

Surcharge smokers and fatties.

Comment

My wife and I work for small/mid-size companies and this is more than what we pay now for less coverage. I love govment

Comment

That's nearly a 100% increase for me. Fucking ridiculous.
            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

I am going to be fucked!! I don't have health insurance nor do I want insurance. I see bad times coming....

Comment

I should be amazed that there isn't 2 million people marching on DC screaming up and down about this bullshit.....
                But I'm not amazed and except for the usual suspects, everyone seems to be OK with us getting fucked by this.

WELCOME TO UTOPIA!!!

And don't be mistaken... You will pay it.... one way or the other....

(Unless you are "exempt" of course....)

Comment

Just wait till the broke people see there Tax income check. Even if they report 10,000 a year. They still have to pay $3,300 a year for Health Insurance. Shit is going to hit the fan come Tax Season in this country. I will say on thing. Misery loves company and I wont be alone in this boat of Government BS. His Healthcare system just hustled all the broke fucks who make no money out of their Big Tax Return checks they get for their 5 kids
                  GOD BLESS TEXAS
                  August Landscaping
                  214-779-7278
                  Seb's high class.
                  He'll mow your grass.
                  He'll kick your ass.
                  And while his kidney stones pass,
                  He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Next up, the value of employer contributions to company-sponsored plans will be considered taxable income by the employee.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                      Next up, the value of employer contributions to company-sponsored plans will be considered taxable income by the employee.
                      Is this actually in the bill?

I haven't done any research as to the long term ramifications

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                        Is this actually in the bill?

I haven't done any research as to the long term ramifications

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
                        Not that I know of, but it' s already listed on the W2 forms of those who receive such employer contributions.

Comment

Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
                          My wife and I work for small/mid-size companies and this is more than what we pay now for less coverage. I love govment
                          Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                          That's nearly a 100% increase for me. Fucking ridiculous.
                          Same and same...

Comment

Will Obamacare actually stick after he is out of office. I cant imagine America really taking this lying down. Shit will hit the fan when people file their Taxes!

I only say this cause I work for myself & by this caculater I will actually owe money instead of getting a check back. I reported right at $28k last year & got a decent check since I claim my daughter. BUt even with her it says I will pay $3,300 for Obamacare. I got a check for $2800 last year. So I will owe Uncle Sam $600 this next year if the calculation is right
                            GOD BLESS TEXAS
                            August Landscaping
                            214-779-7278
                            Seb's high class.
                            He'll mow your grass.
                            He'll kick your ass.
                            And while his kidney stones pass,
                            He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                              Just wait till the broke people see there Tax income check. Even if they report 10,000 a year. They still have to pay $3,300 a year for Health Insurance. Shit is going to hit the fan come Tax Season in this country. I will say on thing. Misery loves company and I wont be alone in this boat of Government BS. His Healthcare system just hustled all the broke fucks who make no money out of their Big Tax Return checks they get for their 5 kids
                              You're mistaken, the ticks will still get paid while we get deeply ass fucked by the government.

Comment

Working...
                              X