Gay Couples Complain That Gay Divorce is Too Expensive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gay Couples Complain That Gay Divorce is Too Expensive

It's only been a couple of months since the SCOTUS overturned DOMA and Prop 8 in California -- and now the gays are complaining that divorce is too expensive. Gay people have a sense of entitlement that they should have everything heterosexuals have, but they don't want to pay the price. Margaret Wenig, an author

It’s only been a couple of months since the SCOTUS overturned DOMA and Prop 8 in California — and now the gays are complaining that divorce is too expensive.
    Gay people have a sense of entitlement that they should have everything heterosexuals have, but they don’t want to pay the price.
    Margaret Wenig, an author and rabbi in New York City, married her partner in 2008. Now the couple want a divorce that they can’t afford.
    “Our divorce has not only been an emotional and financial nightmare for us, but for our adult children and members of our extended family as well,” Wenig said.
    Carolyn Satenburg, a family attorney based in New York, says a heterosexual divorce in New York typically costs about $10,000. But Wenig whines that her divorce will cost her more than $120,000.
    Same sex marriage presents a complicated legal dilemma for couples and their attorneys. The issue is complicated further if there are children involved in a gay marriage where neither partner is the biological parent, such as in marriages between gay males.
    Another conundrum facing gay couples is their home states refusing to recognize gay divorces.
    Dawn Tuckner of Minneapolis filed for divorce from her partner one week after gay marriage was legalized in Minnesota.
    Tucker was married in Canada in 2004 and has been waiting for years to legally end the marriage that she calls a “mistake.”
    “I was so excited,” recalls Tuckner before her marriage went sour. “We didn’t live together, we had nothing to do, no contact — and it felt like I was trapped,” she told My Fox 9.
    Tuckner (pictured above) moved in with a new girlfriend — while she was still married to her former partner. “I haven’t been able to move on with my life,” she says.
    Welcome to the real world.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Gay or straight, when divorce is happening a man is going to take it in the ass.

Comment

This is absolutely retarded.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Boo fuckin' hoo. Cry me a river. Careful what you wish for. You just might get it.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
          Boo fuckin' hoo.
          This.

Comment

I agree with all responses in this thread, I wonder where they're getting the 120k number from, and exactly why it's so muh higher.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
              I agree with all responses in this thread, I wonder where they're getting the 120k number from, and exactly why it's so muh higher.
              Divorces only cost that much money when there is a ton of money/assets on the line. I think they are full of shit, personally.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                Divorces only cost that much money when there is a ton of money/assets on the line. I think they are full of shit, personally.
                That's what I'm thinking, I think the number was inflated to make the situation more grandiose than it really is.

Comment

Regardless of sexual preference, divorce is expensive for somebody. This isn't news.
                  "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Okay, I opened the link hoping for a hot lesbian. Let me spare you the same disappointment, don't go there.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

But...but...you are supposed to just accept what they say as fact! They've vetted and verified all the information! Don't question them!

Comment

those poor mistreated gay people!! i feel so sorry for them boo fucking hoo

Comment

They wanted the same rules straight people have, and rightfully so, but that also comes with the same headaches and expenses.
                          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

It only costs $300 to do it yourself. Sounds like a bunch of vindictive homos are getting all flaming about the separation of property and running up a tab with a lawyer.

Comment

Working...
                            X