Clear All

• Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
    Coast Guard.
    This is all subjective, but in my experience the "danger" order should be:

Marines
    Army
    Navy
    Air Force
    Coast Guard (Puddle Pirates\Homeland Security)

Of course, air crew or other combatants from all services deal with an increased magnitude of danger as opposed to someone loading ordnance.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
      I would think the Navy would be the safest of all the American Armed Forces to enlist in. (and I don't mean that negatively for anyone who has been in the Navy)
      Coast Guard when you consider they only patrol the waters of the US coast against drug smuggling, illegal immigration (Cuba), and do water rescues.

As far as forces that actually go out in the world to other nations...I would say Air Force. They can and do have KIA deaths...but usually not for direct combat but more likely indirect (plane crashes, random bombings directed at our bases overseas). Its unlikely a USAF airman will ever face direct ground combat with a gun in hand unless his plane went down behind enemy lines and he's trying to get to a safe area).

Comment

• I wasn't taking into account the Coast Guard.

Comment

• Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
          Am I the only one that thinks you fools completely overreacted to 4eye's comments?
          Yes, you are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
            Syria. Expect bombardment in a few days.
            Pretty much what we're thinking, however our ships are in the Mediterranean i believe and I can't see them going from Japan all the way around. Idk we'll see!
            2014 GT
            2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

• Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
              This is all subjective, but in my experience the "danger" order should be:

Marines
              Army
              Navy
              Air Force
              Coast Guard (Puddle Pirates\Homeland Security)

Of course, air crew or other combatants from all services deal with an increased magnitude of danger as opposed to someone loading ordnance.
              Not trying to step in a pile of shit here, but rather jump over while observing it...lol

But, doesnt the coast guard fight a war that is 24/7/365? Now, I know we are "at war" (iraq/afgan) or about to be (Syria) for the last 15-20 years it seems but, there are lulls in the fighting overseas. Soldiers (used too) come home and we would relax or stand down for 10 years or so.

I guess my point is, the coast guard has always been in harms way, it wasnt until recently that our troops seemed to be deployed 24/7.
              Originally posted by Sean88gt
              You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
              Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
              You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                Not trying to step in a pile of shit here, but rather jump over while observing it...lol

But, doesnt the coast guard fight a war that is 24/7/365? Now, I know we are "at war" (iraq/afgan) or about to be (Syria) for the last 15-20 years it seems but, there are lulls in the fighting overseas. Soldiers (used too) come home and we would relax or stand down for 10 years or so.

I guess my point is, the coast guard has always been in harms way, it wasnt until recently that our troops seemed to be deployed 24/7.
                I think really it is a pointless comparison to all. All of these guys are prepared, and continue to train, to put their lives on the line at any point to continue to ensure we are all safe here at home.
                2014 GT
                2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

• Originally posted by Slow Five-O View Post
                  I think really it is a pointless comparison to all. All of these guys are prepared, and continue to train, to put their lives on the line at any point to continue to ensure we are all safe here at home.
                  True, and I wasn’t saying otherwise. I was merely making a comment on previous post for the sake of comparison.
                  Originally posted by Sean88gt
                  You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                  Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                  You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

• Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                    Coast Guard when you consider they only patrol the waters of the US coast against drug smuggling, illegal immigration (Cuba), and do water rescues.

As far as forces that actually go out in the world to other nations...I would say Air Force. They can and do have KIA deaths...but usually not for direct combat but more likely indirect (plane crashes, random bombings directed at our bases overseas). Its unlikely a USAF airman will ever face direct ground combat with a gun in hand unless his plane went down behind enemy lines and he's trying to get to a safe area).
                    Air Force has direct combat AFSC

Pararescue (PJ) 1T2X1

Combat Control (CCT) 1C2X1

Tactical Air Control Party (TACP) 1C4X1

Comment

• us coastguard squadron three was overseas .
                      Last edited by bubbaearl; 08-27-2013, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gtracer View Post

CG goes home at the end of the day and have access to extremely quick back up from federal, state and local sources if needed. Once you cross the ocean, you have what you have right then. CG catch a lot of hell for being Coasties but they at least are protecting the nation (though they can't seem to catch people on inner tubes before they get here). Still, you want a 'safe' military job? CG. AF may accidentally deploy to a place without an espresso machine, CG doesn't have to worry about that. They can swing by Starbucks on the way home.
                        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• squadron three was in vietnam in the thick of it. my best friend joined the cg , thought he had it covered. did three tours before it was over. not a happy camper .

Comment

• lol, CG was the only branch I ever went and talked to a recruiter about, because it seemed interesting, and I like being on the ocean. Sounds like it would have been right up my alley.

Comment

• there were a lot of surprised sailors in the late 60's. there was not one operation the navy did not participate in . all the medics were navy , air wolf search and rescue , river patrol etc .

Comment

• Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
                                Well I hope nothing but the best for our troops in this.

kid at work has been talking bout insisting in the Navy. Then the Syria stuff started and now he's all well Fuck that now. I'm staying home.

Hard to look at him without aggravation now.
                                I'm almost to the point of enlisting right now. I had a pretty good conversation with Helosailor about it. It keeps looking better and better.
                                Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                                It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Working...
                                X