US Prepares For Cruise Missile Attack on Syria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
    Sanity prevails. NEW YORK (AP) ? A federal jury has rejected the argument that use of the N-word among blacks can be a culturally acceptable term of love and endearment, deciding its use in the workplace is hostile and discriminatory no matter what. Jurors last week awarded $250,000 in compensatory damages to a black

Comment

• Uhhh. There's no picture of FDR standing in that thread. What are you going on about?

Protip: If you have to explain your joke, it's a bad one.

Comment

• KERRY: Arabs Will Finance Our War

WASHINGTON POST | September 04, 2013

Secretary of State John Kerry said at Wednesday’s hearing that Arab counties have offered to pay for the entirety of unseating President Bashar al-Assad if the United States took the lead militarily.

“With respect to Arab countries offering to bear costs and to assess, the answer is profoundly yes,” Kerry said. “They have. That offer is on the table.”

Asked by Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.) about how much those countries would contribute, Kerry said they have offered to pay for all of a full invasion.

“In fact, some of them have said that if the United States is prepared to go do the whole thing the way we’ve done it previously in other places, they’ll carry that cost,” Kerry said. “That’s how dedicated they are at this. That’s not in the cards, and nobody’s talking about it, but they’re talking in serious ways about getting this done.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
          Uhhh. There's no picture of FDR standing in that thread. What are you going on about?

Protip: If you have to explain your joke, it's a bad one.
          Uhhh it was in response to the "Nigga" in his picture,

Either a bad joke, or lack intelligence to get it. Your call.

But originally, I did get nanay's pun about FDR, was just pointing out there are plenty images of FDR standing.

Comment

• Al-Qaida-linked Syria rebels hit Christian village

BEIRUT (AP) — Al-Qaida-linked rebels launched an assault Wednesday on a regime-held Christian village in the densely populated west of Syria and new clashes erupted near the capital, Damascus — part of a brutal battle of attrition each side believes it can win despite more than two years of deadlock.

As the world focused on possible U.S. military action against Syria, rebels commandeered a mountaintop hotel in the village of Maaloula and shelled the community below, said a nun, speaking by phone from a convent in the village. She spoke on condition of anonymity for fear of reprisals.

The attack came hours before a Senate panel voted to give President Barack Obama authority to use military force against Syria — the first time lawmakers have voted to allow military action since the October 2002 votes authorizing the invasion of Iraq.

The measure, which cleared the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on a 10-7 vote, was altered at the last minute to support "decisive changes to the present military balance of power" in Syria's civil war, though it ruled out U.S. combat operations on the ground. It was expected to reach the full Senate floor next week.

The Syria conflict, which began with a popular uprising in March 2011, has been stalemated, and it's not clear if U.S. military strikes over the regime's alleged chemical weapons use would change that. Obama has said he seeks limited pinpoint action to deter future chemical attacks, not regime change.

Obama has been lobbying for international and domestic support for punishing President Bashar Assad's regime, which the U.S. says fired rockets loaded with the nerve agent sarin on rebel-held areas near Damascus before dawn on Aug. 21, killing hundreds of civilians.

So far, however, he has won little international backing for action. Among major allies, only France has offered publicly to join the U.S. in a strike.

The Xfinity Discovery Hub is your resource for Xfinity product news, technology education, and more. Learn about TV, internet, home security, and more.

And these are the people that they want to support. WTF.

Comment

• The Saudis are gonna whoop assads ass and we are gonna help them do it

Comment

• Jesus fucking Christ. Next week in the news "American missile strikes kill Syrian civilians." Again, fuck the middle-east.
                "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
                  The Saudis are gonna whoop assads ass and we are gonna help them do it
                  We are basically contractors on the battlefield now. lol Saudis pay real well but it better be WAY more than actual cost if they are gonna go through with this bullshit.

I would be happier if they just let the Saudis hire a private company like Blackwater (Xe) or Dyncorp to go in and do what they want done.

For the record, I think we are backing the wrong horse in this. In fact there is not a horse worth backing at all. But we know that the Saudis have the money and that is who is pulling the strings in the WH now.
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                    We are basically contractors on the battlefield now. lol Saudis pay real well but it better be WAY more than actual cost if they are gonna go through with this bullshit.

I would be happier if they just let the Saudis hire a private company like Blackwater (Xe) or Dyncorp to go in and do what they want done.

For the record, I think we are backing the wrong horse in this. In fact there is not a horse worth backing at all. But we know that the Saudis have the money and that is who is pulling the strings in the WH now.
                    All for this. Let them hire and army and send them into fight. Last time I checked, we don't let Americans die because someone is willing to pick up the tab
                    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                      All for this. Let them hire and army and send them into fight. Last time I checked, we don't let Americans die because someone is willing to pick up the tab
                      You can scream at the screen now all you want BUT, the sad reality is, we are about to. And it is going to snowball down hill from there. Russia just moved a carrier to their coast. If boy king does not find some humility and concede that this is not a wise move, we are headed for a collision course. All you can do now is brace for impact. I ain't happy about it neither but it is the state this president and house of fools has put us in.

He is about to back a bunch of extremists who just shelled innocent civilians predominately Christian. There is video of the same bunch of "moderate" muslims executing a line of Syrian troops. They really could not make O look more like a fool backing the wrong horse if they tried.

And then, there is still 9/11 to contend with. Word is we (no details explained further) are going to have a rough day on 9/11 here in country. Then you add the timing from Benghazi etc. etc. etc. September is going to be a rough month.

Shitty thing for me is, I am coming home in 45 days for an R&R. I just love flying through Dubai when shit like this is on the books.

Brace for impact.
                      Last edited by KBScobravert; 09-05-2013, 11:21 AM.

Comment

And then, there is still 9/11 to contend with. Word is we (no details explained further) are going to have a rough day on 9/11 here in country. Then you add the timing from Benghazi etc. etc. etc. September is going to be a rough month.

Shitty thing for me is, I am coming home in 45 days for an R&R. I just love flying through Dubai when shit like this is on the books.

Brace for impact.
                        Have you heard anything about some major even happening between October 1st and 31st? I try take what I read/see online with a grain of salt but I read a warning that a former South Dakota senator released to the people of America.

Originally posted by Jester
                        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                        Originally posted by Denny
                        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
                          Have you heard anything about some major even happening between October 1st and 31st? I try take what I read/see online with a grain of salt but I read a warning that a former South Dakota senator released to the people of America.

http://www.citywatchla.com/8br-hidde...-folks-on-edge
                          My vague reference to 9/11 and "in country" was here in Afghanistan. We have had a few developments over the last 2-3 weeks of not so dry, dry-runs they have taken at us. Perimeters being breeched in complex attacks and multiple suicide bombers getting onto the FOBs and penetrating deep in under the cover of indirect fire (rockets, mortars, RPGs lobbed). They, the bad guys have figured out a few things and it changes their tactics techniques and procedures in a way that has us (my department) bracing for the worst.

As far as what you are referring to. It sounds like budgetary use it or loose it which is normal for our government agencies. But I would not close my eyes completely to it.

Comment

My vague reference to 9/11 and "in country" was here in Afghanistan. We have had a few developments over the last 2-3 weeks of not so dry, dry-runs they have taken at us. Perimeters being breeched in complex attacks and multiple suicide bombers getting onto the FOBs and penetrating deep in under the cover of indirect fire (rockets, mortars, RPGs lobbed). They, the bad guys have figured out a few things and it changes their tactics techniques and procedures in a way that has us (my department) bracing for the worst.

As far as what you are referring to. It sounds like budgetary use it or loose it which is normal for our government agencies. But I would not close my eyes completely to it.
                            I completely misunderstood you. When shit like that happens, do you guys just do your best to beef up security?

I do my absolute best to take the stuff I read/hear/watch with a grain of salt but there is a part of me that tends to ask "what's this about.
                            Originally posted by Jester
                            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                            Originally posted by Denny
                            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• Simple answer? You kill everyone not speaking English or wearing a US uniform. If you're not one of us, you get killed. Make a nice clear radius around all forces.
                              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Originally posted by cyclonescott View Post
                                WASHINGTON POST | September 04, 2013

Secretary of State John Kerry said at Wednesday’s hearing that Arab counties have offered to pay for the entirety of unseating President Bashar al-Assad if the United States took the lead militarily.

“With respect to Arab countries offering to bear costs and to assess, the answer is profoundly yes,” Kerry said. “They have. That offer is on the table.”

Asked by Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fla.) about how much those countries would contribute, Kerry said they have offered to pay for all of a full invasion.

“In fact, some of them have said that if the United States is prepared to go do the whole thing the way we’ve done it previously in other places, they’ll carry that cost,” Kerry said. “That’s how dedicated they are at this. That’s not in the cards, and nobody’s talking about it, but they’re talking in serious ways about getting this done.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...e-2467ba30e5e3
                                So, they're willing to pay for our soldiers to die.

Comment

Working...
                                X