Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biden puts foot in mouth again

Unreal...

Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Joe Biden backs park ranger who stopped vets at WWII memorial

Vice President Joe Biden is proud of the National Park Service ranger who stood up to Rep. Randy Neugebauer at the National World War II Memorial in Washington, D.C.

On Thursday, video surfaced online of Neugebauer, a Texas Republican, angrily lecturing the ranger for setting up barricades to the memorial.

"I'm proud of you," Biden said, according to his office's Twitter account, revealing that the vice president had called the ranger to thank her for her service.

Neugebauer told the ranger that the Park Service should be "ashamed" for blocking access to the memorial.

“I’m not ashamed,” the ranger replied

Twitter post
    Office of VP Biden

"I’m proud of you," VP called to tell the Park Ranger who was chastised by a GOP Rep today at the WWII Memorial.

5:59 PM - 3 Oct 2013

Comment

"I'm proud of you," Biden said, according to his office's Twitter account, revealing that the vice president had called the ranger to thank her for her service.

Neugebauer told the ranger that the Park Service should be "ashamed" for blocking access to the memorial.

“I’m not ashamed,” the ranger replied
      For those that think the gub'ment officials don't blindly follow orders...
      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I don't see where he's putting his foot in his mouth, though.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
          For those that think the gub'ment officials don't blindly follow orders...
          Most NPS Rangers are retired people that are passionate about the history of the area they are working. They lucked into a job that's pretty easy but don't really have any power to do anything other than give tours.

Most that is, some have law enforcement duties. This is kind of like having the greeter at Walmart being held responsible for stopping shoplifters. Sure there are some out there that could do it but most wouldn't and anyone in their right mind wouldn't expect them to.

We've never had a government make such a spectacle of budget debates before. They are spending more to keep people away from national monuments than it costs to run them just to make a point.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
            Most NPS Rangers are retired people that are passionate about the history of the area they are working. They lucked into a job that's pretty easy but don't really have any power to do anything other than give tours.

Most that is, some have law enforcement duties. This is kind of like having the greeter at Walmart being held responsible for stopping shoplifters. Sure there are some out there that could do it but most wouldn't and anyone in their right mind wouldn't expect them to.

We've never had a government make such a spectacle of budget debates before. They are spending more to keep people away from national monuments than it costs to run them just to make a point.
            What's really retarded is the gub'ment is closing things that actually generate revenue! Never mind the fact they're closing things with no operating costs.
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

At least they are practicing what they preach.

"Never let a good crisis go to waste."
              "Hit 'em where it hurts."

A few good ones...

Fuck those assholes. I'm hoping this one, "Pride comes before the fall" comes to fruition.
              These clowns hopefully will be all voted out from the backlash from stubborness and bullshit.

Comment

They canceled the MCAS Miramar Airshow the day before it was supposed to start...............after spending 1.8 million dollars over two weeks of setting it up and getting things ready for it.

So all those working parties they had for the Marines on the base for those two weeks went to waste along with the 1.8mil they had already spent.

My understanding is that the Airshow usually generates 1.8 million in profit.
                2004 Suzuki DL650
                1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                  At least they are practicing what they preach.

"Never let a good crisis go to waste."
                  "Hit 'em where it hurts."

A few good ones...

Fuck those assholes. I'm hoping this one, "Pride comes before the fall" comes to fruition.
                  These clowns hopefully will be all voted out from the backlash from stubborness and bullshit.
                  The audacity of mope.

Comment

Can we just have a news story when Biden has his foot out of his mouth. Foot in mouth is the default with that guy. Kinda pointless to report it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                      Can we just have a news story when Biden has his foot out of his mouth. Foot in mouth is the default with that guy. Kinda pointless to report it.
                      This.

It's sort of like, "BREAKING NEWS! The sun rose this morning! "
                      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Dumb and Dumber...Read the secret papers in Bite me's hands..

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                          Dumb and Dumber...Read the secret papers in Bite me's hands..
                          That's the first honest thing I've seen from the Dumbascraps in 10 years.
                          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                          86 SVO - Sold
                          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Working...
                          X