VA health care? FU obamacare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VA health care? FU obamacare

Well, at least veterans that are enrolled in the VA health care system are exempt from obamacare. Got this gem in the mail today.

"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

I got something that looked just like that, I glanced at it and thought they wanted me to pay for something so I just threw it out. Now I need to check and see if I am enrolled.

Comment

Other than having a VA loan on my home, I have never even looked at other benefits available. Guess I should see what I have available. Not that I would drop my employer coverage as far as medical, since it is pretty damn solid, but maybe they do secondary?

Comment

Meh.. Don't qualify for health coverage. At least they'll bury me when it's time.

Comment

You ever been to the VA Hospital? Its so screwed up you'll gladly pay for private insurance

Comment

Craig, if there is anything that can be service connected, it's nice to have them as an option. Service connected means the it doesn't cost you a dime.
            I've never been to a VA hospital, but I have used the Ft. Worth clinic many times (both the old one and the new one). My experiences have been good, and there are several service connected issues that they take care of me on. Are they perfect? No. But is nice to have them as an option. And no, they are not my primary, or only source of healthcare.
            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

October 1st, if you live further than 40 miles from a base, you lose Tricare Prime. Just a heads up as I already received my cancellation notice
              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                Other than having a VA loan on my home, I have never even looked at other benefits available. Guess I should see what I have available. Not that I would drop my employer coverage as far as medical, since it is pretty damn solid, but maybe they do secondary?
                I would hardly call the VA loan a benefit. There are better options out there for a home loan.

Comment

Rated among the best? I wonder if it's better than the shit care we get on post.
                  Detailing by Dylan
                  817-494-3396
                  Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                  Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                    I would hardly call the VA loan a benefit. There are better options out there for a home loan.
                    No money down, 3.5% interest rate, no PMI. I'm perfectly happy with it.

Comment

As for the medical benefits, I know a few people with it and have said it has improved by leaps and bounds over the last 5-10 years. I don't have any personal experience with it.

Comment

My father in law had to use the VA hospital in Dallas a couple times after his stroke, and the service he recieved was complete dog shit. It seemed like it was more of a training ground for snot nosed little punk ass dr's. It really saddend me to see the treatment our vets get there, it's utterly shameful.
                        1990 GT

Comment

I got my hernia surgery from up there. I had a talk with the doctors and told them if I came out fucked up, I'd be back in to hurt them and if they killed me, someone would be along to even the score. While you can't sue the government, you get extremely good care if you remind people that forgetting to clean the scalpel (HIV and Hep given to vets across the country because of dirty VA surgical instruments) can have very real repercussions for them as well as me.
                          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

The VA is a window into what healthcare will eventually be in this country. Anyone who has received medical care from the military can pretty much vouch for that.
                            2004 Suzuki DL650
                            1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Working...
                            X