Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cover-up Unravels: D.C. Police Chief Bent Rules to Get Feinstein Assault Weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cover-up Unravels: D.C. Police Chief Bent Rules to Get Feinstein Assault Weapons

Washington Metropolitan Police Chief Cathy L. Lanier seems to think that gun-control laws don’t apply to the liberal elite. The police chief helped Sen. Dianne Feinstein acquire “assault weapons,” which are illegal to possess in the District, for a news conference early this year to promote a ban on these firearms, then tried to cover up the police involvement.

Now, a response to a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request reveals Chief Lanier’s shocking willingness to bend the rules for partisan and ideological purposes.

Feinstein wants guns

Lobbyist Chuck DeWitt emailed Chief Lanier on Christmas Eve last year. “Sen. Feinstein has asked us to bring examples of assault weapons used in the worst incidents over the past few years.” The CEO of the Lafayette Group told the chief that the guns would be put on display at a media event and asked, “Could you put me in touch with your person who would have any of these weapons?” Chief Lanier’s response was not turned over.

However, a week after Mr. DeWitt’s request, Mrs. Feinstein’s press secretary, Tom Mentzer, asked the commander of the police department’s Crime Scene Investigation Division, Keith Williams, for 10 specific firearm models used in high-profile mass shootings, including a Bushmaster XM-15, Tec-9 handgun, Smith & Wesson M&P15 and a Glock 19 with a “high-capacity magazine.”

Since Cmdr. Williams did not have all the firearms the senator sought, Mr. DeWitt asked Philadelphia police to provide the missing ones, which meant bringing “the P15 and the Glock extended magazine” to Washington.

All of these firearms are illegal in the city — even on federal property — owing to the District’s law banning rifles with a detachable magazine and such features as a pistol grip or folding stock and all firearms with a magazines capacity of more than 10 rounds.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com

Read more at http://minutemennews.com/2013/10/cov...oY3QtGKxQPD.99
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

He should get them to her, business end first.

Comment

Are we to presume she kept them? This is a shitty article, dude. If all that happened was they got checked out of an evidence locker, used as props, then checked back in, I fail to see the issue. Her position on gun policy is bad enough that you can see it coming. There's no need to worry about this penny-ante bullshit.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
        Are we to presume she kept them? This is a shitty article, dude. If all that happened was they got checked out of an evidence locker, used as props, then checked back in, I fail to see the issue. Her position on gun policy is bad enough that you can see it coming. There's no need to worry about this penny-ante bullshit.
        While I agree with you it's petty on the surface, the bigger issue is a) it's against the law; and b) they tried to cover it up. I would also ask if the NRA wanted to obtain the weapons to use as props, do you think they would have obliged? Do you think the liberal media would have feasted on that?

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
          While I agree with you it's petty on the surface, the bigger issue is a) it's against the law; and b) they tried to cover it up. I would also ask if the NRA wanted to obtain the weapons to use as props, do you think they would have obliged? Do you think the liberal media would have feasted on that?
          Cops use seized guns all the time as props, often in places where they aren't allowed to personally own them. Should they all be arrested? The blogger that wrote this is just trying to see what will stick.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Cops use seized guns all the time as props, often in places where they aren't allowed to personally own them. Should they all be arrested? The blogger that wrote this is just trying to see what will stick.
            Senator does not equal LEO. I agree it's a reach, but like I said, it would be main headline if someone else besides a libtard had done this.

Comment

So news anchors and enemies of the Constitution are a-ok to have illegal weapons and magazines?

Comment

The issue is that DC does not permit these weapons in DC at all. The police had to import them from another state where they were legal into DC, committing a crime at her request. It is illegal for her to be in possession of those weapons in DC in the building she had possession of them in.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                  Concur. It's the petty stuff that adds up too. Has been for awhile now.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

If they are illegal to possess in the District, why isn't Feinstein in jail for possessing them?

Comment

Don't do as I do, just do as I say.....Comrade

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                        If they are illegal to possess in the District, why isn't Feinstein in jail for possessing them?
                        And this is the point boiled down. If ANYONE else had touched or displayed those weapons in that city (outside of a CNN host) they'd be under the prison for years

Comment

Working...
                        X