Demolition of Sandy Hook school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    It's arguably one of the most heinous crimes in United States history, and a place where you're supposed to be concentrating on learning or teaching so that you can grow up and be a well adjusted member of society. Does it really need to be explained in intricate detail what a mindfuck it would be trying to do either in this place being well aware of its history? I don't even know why I'm bothering again, I guess those total pussy ass elementary school teachers and 8 year olds should all just "get over it" and go about their business.
    Columbine was a place where you're supposed to be concentrating on learning or teaching so that you can grow up and be a well adjusted member of society. Do you not think that there were kids there saying "duude...that corner over there is where Jimmy got mowed down by Eric and Dylan..."? But yet, 14 years later, Columbine High is still there. Teachers still teaching, students sill learning....in the same place where children were gunned down in cold blood. You can say it's not the same till you're blue in the face, but it is the same. Same heinous crime, same outcome: dead innocent children. Only difference being Sandy Hook was 5-7 year olds, Columbine 14-18 year olds.

Like what was said earlier, if they wanted to use their own money to refurbish/rebuild the school, or tear it down and build another one, or just put up a monument, then so be it. But when it involves this level of secrecy, especially considering the "tinfoilhatness" of what happened, it makes you really start to wonder.
    "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

It's arguably one of the most heinous crimes in United States history, and a place where you're supposed to be concentrating on learning or teaching so that you can grow up and be a well adjusted member of society. Does it really need to be explained in intricate detail what a mindfuck it would be trying to do either in this place being well aware of its history? I don't even know why I'm bothering again, I guess those total pussy ass elementary school teachers and 8 year olds should all just "get over it" and go about their business.
      You sound like a whiney emotional democrat

Comment

Hell, I agree with them. You really want your kid sitting in the same spot that was splattered with another kids brain a few years ago? As an adult I wouldn't even want to walk in that place, let alone try and wrap my head around the distraction it would be to everyone in the building that works there trying not to think about that every day while trying to educate my kids. I know everyone on here is a totally awesome super cool guy that is highly ranked on Battlefield 3 and stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night but give me a fucking break.
        When I was 17 my friend was run over and killed by a school bus with his little sister riding in it. They did not pave over the spot he got squished at and his sister continued to ride the same bus to and from school everyday.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
          seconded.
          "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

You may have covered this already, but from my point of view - it's less about demo'ing the building and more about how they are doing it and I see 40% cost increase associated with it. Plus my conspiracy RADAR is going off.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Just wait until the 1 year anniversary when the media kills all these kids a second time.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Motherfucker, I'll kill you.

Comment

Motherfucker, I'll kill you.
                  Still sounds like a whiney emotional democrat.

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Are they the same 8 year olds with the same teachers in the same classrooms? No. New bunch of kids in a renovated school with the flooring and walls replaced at much less expense with zero state funding. Oh wait, that would make sense. No other location where there has been a school shooting has had this happen. I don't remember UT leveling the campus and rebuilding everything from scratch after demolishing every building and shipping the materials to offsite, undisclosed locations after their shooting.
                    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post
                        Why the hell would they be so adamant about every piece of building being destroyed unless they were trying to hide something? They didn't tear down Columbine High, they didn't tear down the movie theater...why tear this one down?

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2

Colorado and Arizona aren't Connecticut. Ivy league people think differently than people who work for a living.

Comment

I can understand demolishing the area where the killings took place, but the entire school is just asinine.

Comment

Sort of like Vince Foster's hard drive after he was killed. Seems it was taken in for repair and the hard drive was dropped and totally destroyed.

Comment

Working...
                            X